• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

last time i went through withdrawels i went to my gp and got a script for vallium (diazapam) worked amazingly well as it being a muscle relaxant...was able to get a good night sleep while also keeping my legs still for more than 15 seconds

What can i expect to get going to see the doctor about this being 16? I have pretty Constant restless legs after stressful events, like Colds, stressful days, and withdrawls.

You can expect a really long lecture and a call to your parents. Which then the doctor will suggest rehab. Not a good idea IMHO. But you could always try your dealer for some type of benzo. (preferably diazepam [Valium] or alprazolam [Xanax]). :]

Taking a hot bath will alleviate the symptoms while your in the water and for a few minutes after so when it becomes unbearable you should try that.

This is the closest thing to relief I ever found from the dreaded kicky legs. Benzos never gave me any relief nor cannabis. When I was in rehab we were only allowed a single loperamide pill (1mg or 2mg maybe?) and 4g of paracetamol a day (and mirtazapine at night - not sure of the dose). They did, however, turn bit of a blind eye to smoking hash but it actually made my w/d worse :(

They say every junky has one particular w/d symptom that breaks them everytime they try to quit. For me it was the kicky legs. I found it started in the legs first and then progressed up the body over the next 2-4 days until I had that same vile sensation from from head to foot. Gradually it regressed back down again until - finally - it got back down to just my legs then faded. Thank fuck. It was my personal w/d bete noir and broke me every time :|

Until that last w/d in rehab 4 years ago anyway :)

pretty sure I've ingested that avatar.

Me too - was some good shit, huh? =D

Last edited:
Sorry, but whoever posted that false fact is an idiot, Everyone knows you cannot get over the counter Codeine #1 anywhere in us, hello? RU HI? That pisses me off that yoou'd even say that to someone who's hurting and knowing that your a** will be chewed out by everyone and thrie mother who knows you are full of something!

Whats tylenol 1?? I live in Cali and never heard of it.

Tylenol #1 is acetaminophen with codeine.

Sorry, but whoever posted that false fact is an idiot, Everyone knows you cannot get over the counter Codeine #1 anywhere in us, hello? RU HI? That pisses me off that yoou'd even say that to someone who's hurting and knowing that your a** will be chewed out by everyone and thrie mother who knows you are full of something!

It is not a false fact, as Tylenol #1 IS in fact available OTC in Canada. Also, I am positive that they were using the abbreviation "CA" for Canada, not California.

why would you suggest another opiate for this person who wants to quit. potassium supplement worked for some extent for me. take my words with a grain however. most things that work for me dont work for others. call it placebo or whatever. a mild benzo such as lorazepam or even better clonazepam. from experience with alprazolam it really sucks during op wd

u really need to get a benzo for this, as it is the only thing that ever helped me

i remember 1 night i had em bad, i ate a gross amount of seroquel, drank, buncha immodium, smoked a ton of chronic, and i was laying in bed with my mind on its off switch while my legs still kicked like clockwork every 30 seconds. horrible.

yeah i think seroquel actually causes RLS though.

tylenol 1 is 8mg codeine/15mg caffeine/apap

In the US your OTC medication options are limited, but I've had limited success with a few things.

Melatonin and 5htp, kava kava extracts, ibuprofen, diphenhydramine and high doses of immodium seem to ease a few withdrawal symptoms and can help you get a few hours of sleep here or there depending on the severity of your WD symptoms. The only downfall with mixing some of these together is that if you can't sleep (the body has a tendency to laugh off anything that isn't an opiate or benzo) you will feel sluggish and fatigued without being able to sleep. Taper if you can. Good luck.

Clonodine took care of the restless leg symptoms for me. A hot bath is good for withdrawl in general. but I think the best way to kick a large habit is with a six day suboxone taper any other way is pure hell IME

long half life benzos help out really well the better substance that will help is suboxone. in example klonopin ativan or valium xanax helps too but i prefer the longer halflife benzos.

Try to just walk in to your doctor or any other one, tell them whats going on and you have been through it before and clonidine (generic is catapres) helps big-time because it does. Then maybe say is there anything else that can help me with this and you might get soma or something helpfull plus the clonidine/catapres (really helps, and lets you sleep). Buy a couple of boxes of some immodium at a drug store. And if possible on the black market buy 2-4 methadone 10 milligram tabs and take one a day until there gone, maybe break the last one in to quarters and take one everyday for the last four days. If you could do this (not that hard to do) you should come off somewhat comftorablly and feel decent. Really try and give it a shot, even if you cant find any methadones.

I admire anyone that stuck out opiate withdrawal using Clonodine, what a disgusting drug. I was a mess on it and I was taking it as prescribed although I did not make it to day 2 I just HATED the effectsvof the drug. A few years later after methadone programs became Harm reduction & no longer zero tolerance they stopped using Clonodine to detox from Heroin in Canada (ont) it was too dangerous as it is used to lower BP.
I commend this kid for going 6 days at the age of 16, its sad that the Narcotic pills are even available for kids, I didn't know what a Precocet was until I was 20, but once I took one it was all over and led to Heroin.
I swear by methadone, but the Op is too young. Maybe Ativan could help as its less addictive than a Valium, but I'm not sure how old you have to be in the U.S to see a doctor without a parent. Once again the OP is doing great with 6 days clean

Anybody know if Requip might help? Its prescribed for RLS, but is opiate w/d RLS really caused by the same mechanism?

I feel ya man. i get that shit all over my body and i cant shake it off. its the worst feeling to not be able to stop such torture. as far as i know, only the drug your hooked on can stop it. alot of people say that valium and similar drugs help but they dont. they might help you sleep but i doubt it. I dont know about other oxycodone user's but if i do sleep (rarely ever when dope sick) its only for half an hour if even that!! that damn first buzz got me to where i am today! us opie heads will be chasing that dragon for a while (unless you have strong WILL power)

Anybody know if Requip might help? Its prescribed for RLS, but is opiate w/d RLS really caused by the same mechanism?

actually man, rls from opiate's is 10x's worse than normal rls! user's actually get that all over their body!

^Believe me, I know. I was up until 5 am flopping around like a fish out of water...Its the worst part of opiate w/d in my opinion (this and the insomnia). I did take 0.5 mg Requip, but I don't know if helped because I also had a few shots of vodka, 0.5 mg Xanax, some Valerian root, a few Tylenol PMs, and a few loperamides. Whatever it was I feel way better today, probably from lingering Xanax in my system.