• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

Methadone and subs would only make your life he'll when u want to come off them. Be there done that.

Benadryl would be the worse thing you could take. Would only make the restless legs worse.

I've seen a lot of remedies on here that will only make things worse if you're trying to get off drugs why would you take a benzo or something with codeine in it lol what has worked for me is eating a banana one hour before bed then taking a hot bath with Epsom salt then popping 5 valerian root pills and then putting three Highlands restful legs tabs under my tongue. All of that is natural and I had the worst restless legs. hell it was restless body! I just kept moving around over and over on the bed one leg on the floor one leg on the bed no sleep all night and this worked for me I hope it works for you guys you can get Hyland's restful legs at Walmart along with Epsom salt and valerian root

Go to a doctor and have him prescribe Requip or Mirapex for it or alternately you can get Gapapentin prescribed for it
none of the other stuff works

is this true about the imodium, that its good for withdrawl

It works miracles for me. first i did 100mg, nowadays comin off fent i use 20 mg to start and add 5 whenever i get the shits. but my rls IS GONE.
And luckily i can take amphetamines at night against the boredom.
but without Rls wd is a different game. Try Loperamide, how i wish i knew that it worked 25 years ago.

Oh, and hydrate that body with magnesium and a general vitamin complex. Magnesium helps against the cramping of the muscles.

Don't know if anyone mentioned these (didn't read the whole thread, so I'll keep it short as quite likely someone has- if not just say so and I or someone else will provide more info if you want it), and they aren't over the counter but aren't scheduled, so unlike benzos (which if you say to your doc "I need benzos!" quite likely, IMHO, they will say "NO!") most docs don't find it a big deal to prescribe them: gabapentin and clonidine (I'm almost certain someone will have mentioned clonidine, but gabapentin (a 300mg capsule every 30-60 minutes until desired effect then maybe slow down a bit to like every 90-180minutes; the reason being your body can only "use" so much of it at once) has worked wonders for me in the past). Lyrica is similar but schedule IV.

Also, if you have the connect you could just buy benzos. Or you could order RC benzos (maybe diclazepam). But, if you take the benzos for an extended period you will become dependent on those (and they are just as bad if not worse to kick- but I think do take longer to become dependent on than opioids (I can't say for sure what will cause dependence when it comes to benzos, I have a thread about it now). With the RC benzos though the best you can do is a few places will do 1-2 day express shipping.

But all in all I've found gabapentin VERY effective (especially for RLS) and haven't had WDs from them taking it for 7-10 days (it is possible though and everyone is different- still I think it would take longer than opioid WDs)

Ok, people did mention the gabapentin; still I would like to second it as I found it extremely effective and as stated previously, it is unscheduled so usually fairly easy to get. Admittedly, not as cheap as one would think without insurance (call around- I think walgreen's with their savings card was cheapest before I got my medicaid).

Also, if you have the connect you could just buy benzos. Or you could order RC benzos (maybe diclazepam). But, if you take the benzos for an extended period you will become dependent on those (and they are just as bad if not worse to kick- butI think do take longer to become dependent on than opioids (I can't say for sure what will cause dependence when it comes to benzos, I have a thread about it now). With the RC benzos though the best you can do is a few places will do 1-2 day express shipping.
No! The opposite of this is true - it takes far less time to become physically dependent on benzos than opiates.
And besides that, i think using benzos (a highly addictive class of drugs in their own right) is a really bad idea when in the vulnerable position when detoxing from opiates.
RC benzos are a particularly bad idea IMO/IME. At least a prescription for WD has some limits on it, which is not a bad thing in the cases of benzodiazepine habituation.

Fuck this RLS. I went cold turkey off oxy exactly 7 days ago now. I take 550mg of clozapine and it makes me tired as fuck ... but while the mind wants to sleep, the body does not. I toss and turn in bed for four or five hours before I actually drift off to sleep. Valium does nothing (unless I take 120 mg in conjunction with the clozapine). I do, however, have so olanzapine left. Is there a consensus as to whether olanzapine is good for withdrawal. I can handle all the other side-effects, but this RLS is killing me! How long before it goes away (in general)?

The BEST Rx med for RLS that isn't a controlled substance is definitely Gabapentin.
I was Rx'd 300mg Gabapentin 4x a day when I went into Hydrocodone WD about 5 years ago, and Gabapentin beat the shit out of my RLS.

I recommend Gabapentin to anyone who suffers from RLS

The BEST Rx med for RLS that isn't a controlled substance is definitely Gabapentin.
I was Rx'd 300mg Gabapentin 4x a day when I went into Hydrocodone WD about 5 years ago, and Gabapentin beat the shit out of my RLS.

I recommend Gabapentin to anyone who suffers from RLS
Is Gabapentin known by the brand name of Lyrica? Because I can easily get that prescribed by my physician. He doesn't give a shit.

gabapentin is neurontin. lyrica is pregabalin. both are the best for beating RLS and w/d in general. i find hydroxyzine (vistoril) also helps a lot with rls if you can't get anything else.

Is Gabapentin known by the brand name of Lyrica? Because I can easily get that prescribed by my physician. He doesn't give a shit.
xivixivi nailed it.

Gabapentin = Neurontin (CSA Schedule N [not a controlled substance])

Pregabalin = Lyrica (CSA Schedule V [5] controlled substance)

They're basically the same drug. Pregabalin is more potent than Gabapentin.
It's also harder to get a script for Pregabalin since it's a controlled substance.

But no worries, I find Gabapentin to be extremely helpful.
It's great for Anxiety, nerve pain, and RLS.
It's always worked well for me.

I see it as this,

Gabapentin = Hydrocodone

Pregabalin = Oxycodone

You get the picture? Pregabalin is just a tad bit more potent.

I can also vouch for Gabapentin. But better don't take it for too long. Some people experience very harsh withdrawals from it. Just check the Gabapentin Megathread.
Even low doses as 100-300mg help with sleeping during opioid WD. Higher doses can actually kill a lot of the symptoms but also cause a buzz.

xivixivi nailed it.

Gabapentin = Neurontin (CSA Schedule N [not a controlled substance])

Pregabalin = Lyrica (CSA Schedule V [5] controlled substance)

They're basically the same drug. Pregabalin is more potent than Gabapentin.
It's also harder to get a script for Pregabalin since it's a controlled substance.

But no worries, I find Gabapentin to be extremely helpful.
It's great for Anxiety, nerve pain, and RLS.
It's always worked well for me.

I see it as this,

Gabapentin = Hydrocodone

Pregabalin = Oxycodone

You get the picture? Pregabalin is just a tad bit more potent.

Not as simple as you put it pregabalin is way more intoxicating and the w/d's are way wore more like codeine and hydrocodone strength wise and both although in some way similar have different effects.

I dont know if this is a all around rememdy but it worked for me. When addicts and frequent opiate users use any type of opiate, especially heroin, it drains dopamine levels drastically and im pretty sure the dopamine levels and RLS are connected somehow. And Iron raises dopamine levels, you could try eating iron rich foods. I ate a lot of sunflower seeds the other night when i had RLS and it did relieve my legs a pretty decent amount. You can try that if nothing else works. But it did work for me. Only part of withdrawal i cant fucking stand. I can deal with the puking shitting aching and all that good stuff, but fuck those notorious restless legs.