• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

I find that long hot showers are the best remedy for me for RLS during opiate withdrawal. But try and go to sleep right after getting out of the shower because it won't provide relief for too long

Rls is the worst wd symptom for me, I recently started taking 20-30mg of loperamide bout an hour before bed, it works well for me.

maybe alcohol futha mucka....best luck

after some liquor-maybe you'll doze twice for twenty minutes when your withdrawing and kicking your arms and legs-but you'll wake up SWEATIER and KICKING APPENDAGES HARDER when that booze wears off...You could drink enough to get alcohol poisoning-it would just make things worse, and RLS would be continual.

I also understand when there is no where else to turn for relief-even if its for twenty minutes, you do what you gotta do.

Glad to hear the loperamide was helping you Opidiot. I personally have never found that much relief from loperamide even in large doses. Also just made me MUCH for constipated for much longer than opiates would

The first time I tried loperamide it worked really good for rls, I tried it again last night after taking 400 mgs of tagament I took 50 mgs of lope and had no relief. Not sure if it was placebo the first time or if I took something else that helped it along.

I swear to god the best cure for RLS is a FUCKING HEATING PAD!!!!!

(if you cant get benzos lol)

maybe alcohol futha mucka....best luck
Agree with mareseatoats...Alcohol may knock you out quickly if you get drunk, but you WILL wake up not too long after you fall asleep with even worse RLS. Plus...Hangover+Opiate withdrawal=bullet in the head

The first time I tried loperamide it worked really good for rls, I tried it again last night after taking 400 mgs of tagament I took 50 mgs of lope and had no relief. Not sure if it was placebo the first time or if I took something else that helped it along.
I don't think there would be a placebo effect with RLS. It's either you have it, or you don't lol I wouldn't suggest the loperamide, you have to take massive quantities and it barely, if at ALL crosses the blood brain barrier, and will leave you constipated for a week lol RLS was always the absolute worst symptom for me during withdrawal, and i've tried near everything to help it at least for a few minutes. The only things I've found that are a little effective are stretching your legs before going to sleep, exercising (which is good for opi withdrawal in general), and the best thing for me was taking long hot showers right before bed and just soaking your legs

So Guys I tried the Mirapex for RLS last night and nothing... I mean it didn't even take the edge off. In fact, today I feel like a mess with no balance etc. and I think it was from the mirapex. I read above someone recommended a heating pad and that helped quite a bit. I took like 3 mg of clonzepam and finally dozed off and left the heating pad on with a medium setting. I was worried about leaving the heating pad on and burning my leg but it didn't seem to give me an issue. I do have some requip to try, but I'm not very hopeful given the result of the mirapex.

I'm starting to think other than some of the natural supplements listed throughout this thread I'm out of luck. This is going to be absolute He** dealing with this and the sleep deprivation it causes. I would have thought something would work pill wise to help with RLS. I'm scared of the clonidine that a lot of people talk about because of the BP issue. How would it help with the RLS, just by knocking you out? You guys that have used this drug has it cured your RLS or just make it more tolerable? I read in this thread somewhere that people used kratom with some success, but isn't that just an opiate? Thanks to everyone for the replies, all of this is so helpful.

I was prescribed clonidine as was my fiance & we always took it going they wd's.. to both of us, it feels/relaxes you like a benzo would, minus the euphoria benzos give you. You should do fine taking .1 or. 2mg, just don't take more than that for a good 12-14hrs. It works very very well, it will help you sleep, take away the aches quite a bit, & for us relieved the RLS completely. Let me know if you try it out, it's honestly worth a try..

I swear to god the best cure for RLS is a FUCKING HEATING PAD!!!!!

(if you cant get benzos lol)

I agree with this. I never used to get RLS but during my last WDs it was insane (fuck I get what the big deal about them is now, NOT nice), and taking very hot showers, using heat pads and just keeping your legs as hot as possible somehow does help.

i get downright AWFUL restless legs..i swear its worse than any other person i have met because it drives me absolutely CRAZY. cant sit still for more than 30 seconds yet too tired to get up and move around, much less DO anything. nothing helps much but i get very slight relief by lying a heating pad across the footrest part of my recliner chair and resting my legs on them...on the calves. crouching helps too (like a baseball catcher) but only for few seconds. or sitting in a bath of scalding hot water. i feel your pain though...RLS is the absolute WORST. would DEF try the heating pad across your calves

oh wow lol ok..just realized the OP was from 4 years ago back in 2009! WTF is this doing on the first page of the forum?? lol 8o :! 8)

Day 8 of a 2+ year daily methadone use. 20mg a day basically... Clean. Cold turkey. RLS is the worst part. :( Any idea on how long I could be having the RLS?

Thanks.

I'm on day 24 of no methadone at 70 mg a day for 3 years, got down to 10mg going down 5mg a month and I still have RLS, bit of fatigue and normal stinky shits that I haven't smelt in 6 years. But honestly this is a breeze, I don't know why people say methadone WD is the worst thing you can go through, maybe they didn't taper down slow enough.

Clonidine, if you can get it from your doc it was a godsend for ME. It's not for everyone, I understand, but it effectly turned off the constant feel if the fight or flight feel from the norepr up spike. Lowers blood pressure, reduced anxiety, no more hot/cold flash sweats, RLS(arms) was gone... Now mentally I was still depressed as all hell, zero energy, no motivation... But it really did make an unbearable situation bearable. Just do NOT take it longer than you need it... Maybe a few days to a week.

My non WD caused RLS I keep at bay with 500mg elemental magnesium and 100mg potassium citrate every night, plus melatonin to help me sleep.

It's the same with buprenorphine. If properly tapered it can be almost if not completely painless. I think if most opiates could be tapered successful WD would not be that big of an issue.

I know the few times I WD at my height of usage it was insane. I was forced off opioids from around a daily dose of 260 mg of Oxy and it was fucking retarded to even attempt that even though it was initiated by good intentions. I was up for a solid six days(a hour here and there is not sleep), never ate, arms legs kicked to holy hell, ungodly depression, I was going batshit crazy in the house and I did whatever it took to get right, enter in suboxone.

I think the <fear> of WDs from previous expierences heavily influences present and future situations. I was so scared of that WD that I refused to even cut my dose. It took me years. The last time I came off I tapered properly and kept a stash of bupe if needed. That's key, TO ME, cutti g anxiety. It's reassuring knowing I'm in control of this event, and can dial up or down the severity of WD by taking more bupe if need.

If done right bupe is a rather forgiving opioid to taper from.