• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing poison from the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”

Carl Gustav Jung quote

Second-best counter-argument after "Semantics": Make it all about the other's unconscious 8).

Second-best counter-argument after "Semantics": Make it all about the other's unconscious 8).

i didn't start this thread with the intention to argue

and that comment was something i wanted to share because I felt it applied to MY reaction to your posts (not the other way around)

uhh ok to bring this thread back on topic:

mr_p: did you wash yourself off right after the chem spilled on you as per the MSDS? when it comes to hazardous materials, never fuck around. it's your right as an employee to have on-site access to the data for any material you work with and to be treated immediately if exposed.

in regards to the detoxing... while it may be a "consumerist fad," it still bears weight. i notice it's not a very common concept in europe where people generally eat healthier, and for that reason precisely. most of the western world populace consumes an irrational amount of processed foods, packed with refined sugar and shit that's just plain nasty once it's in the body. a lot of that crap turns toxic once it's digested/metabolized and diminishes your body's ability to clean itself.

this is how diseases work. why do people get lung diseases from smoking? because they overload organs with more shit than it can kick out and SLOW the efficiency of the cleansing systems trying to work in the body. next time you go shopping at the supermarket, write a list of the ingredients in everything you buy then tally them up and google them. for the typical westerner, i can almost guarantee half the shit on that list clogs up your inner workings and prevents toxins from being excreted as they naturally would.

so no, you don't really need to buy all the products touting DETOX abilities but they're not a bad thing either. the real problem is that some people don't know how to use them effectively and most people don't stick with it since they're used to the fast action of modern medication and think it's not working because they can't feel improvements day to day.

well shit, most people don't get chronically ill from day to day so how the fuck is it reasonable to expect the healing to be complete in a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.