• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

CRAZY twitches while trying to fall asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRPPNASS_DSCOMONKE

Bluelighter
so lately when im trying to go to sleep, i get these crazy twitches that get worse the closer i get to falling asleep. i will start to go to sleep, then i get a crazy twitch. maybe just in my hand or foot. just one quick but strong twitch.

and they get progressivly worse the closer i get to falling asleep. and by the time i get to falling asleep ill get a huge full body twitch/convulsion that jolts me awake! this will happen for like the first hour or two im trying to get to sleep! any body else have experience with this or have a direction to point me in?

thanks

Myclonic jerks maybe?

'In its simplest form, myoclonus consists of a muscle twitch followed by relaxation. A hiccup is an example of this type of myoclonus. Other familiar examples of myoclonus are the jerks or "sleep starts" that some people experience while drifting off to sleep. These simple forms of myoclonus occur in normal, healthy persons and cause no difficulties'

I used to get these regularly before I fell asleep. There have been some other threads about this too so I know there's more info on BL.

that has been happening for the past 3 days of trying to get off methadone..

it is NOT fun.. it gets so intense i almost throw up.

heating pads help, so do hot baths. i also use aromatherapy from bath and body works.. helps some what.. but do NOT take anything otc.. like benadryl and unisom... those mad it SO much worse for me and made me have a huge headache for 24 hours. but it might work for you.

if you can get ahold of some bars or valium it would help put you to sleep. or smoke some pot.

and if you can get neurotin (gabapentin), or phenergan (promethazine) it also helps.
there is also this anti energy drink called drank. it has melatonin in it along with other things. i went to a raceway at 4:30 this morning just to buy one. and took 2 neurotin and fell asleep in 30 minutes.

i feel for youu. /:

thats funny^, i take 300 mgs lyrica (pregabalin) which is just gabap on steroids basically. i take it every night, about 5-6 hours before i go to sleep, and i used to sleep like a baby, and get a good buzz. but im getting to the point where my tolerance is so high, i dont even really get a buzz any more. and its not helping me sleep like it used to, and i think this is having something to do with it. i suppose its GABA related then?

also strange you mention the bene, cuz last night i took some to try to fall asleep, and they were much worse than usual! good call! guess its time to pull the old melatonin back out of the closet. i quit using it because the lyrica made me sleep SO good.

myclonic jerks? i never had them before the last year, any idea what would make them start? does GABA affect sleep?

I get those for a few days after doing psychedelics. It's also common when withdrawing from benzos, alcohol, barbs and other GABA agonists. Taking L-tryptophan or 5-HTP solves the problem for me 100%.

hmm i've never had twiches in my hands or feet but i've had them in my legs and arms streching a few hours before bed has helped me

yeah, it usually starts out in the hands, the legs very little. but at the worst point it like a 1/2 second full body cunvulsoin. crazy.

I would think that it would be a hypnic jerk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk. I get these after overindulging in MDMA, along with sleep paralysis.

What worked for me was amitriptyline, which my doc prescribed. He recommended very low dose of 10mg, but I found 20mg to be perfect. Aslo since then I have found that melatonin seems to help this too. And 5-HTP seems to make it worse.

Hope that helps.

im sure now that they were becuase of gaba withdrawal. the last two nights are the first two in like a month i havnt drank before going to bed. and they were the first two night it happened this bad. it started happening again last night, i let it go on for about an hour to see if it would go away. it didnt.

so i got up, took a shot or three, waited 20 mins, went to sleep no twitchs.

fucking gaba withdrawl, makes me angry and twitch.

It's a chemical being released that paralyzes your muscles when you sleep, it's very normal.

If you didn't have this you would be crazy sleep walking and acting your out your dreams etc.

I used to be worried about it too, but my cousin who has a masters in biology laughed at me being worried about it and told me the reason.

Yeah I get those too sometimes. Seems to go with with substances use, like ambien or X or other meds. Sometimes my arm jumps up and there are twitches. I thought I have Huntington's disease. But it really it nothing serious. I went to see a doctor about it among other stuff and he said its nothing to worry about.

If its really bothering you maybe go see a doc and figure out something you can do about it maybe someone here knows how to make less annoying.

It's a chemical being released that paralyzes your muscles when you sleep, it's very normal.

If you didn't have this you would be crazy sleep walking and acting your out your dreams etc.

I used to be worried about it too, but my cousin who has a masters in biology laughed at me being worried about it and told me the reason.

thats sleep paralisys. that happens a lot. im not to worried about that. i was worried about the intense convulsions, that just started happeneing =D

I get those too, but they're suttle. It's like i'll feel a random muscle quiver on one part of my body. The weird part is I can tell they're tied to how i'm thinking at the moment. If i'm visualzing something I tend to get twiches on the LEFT side of my body (opposite side of the right brain, usualy associated with visual thinking). If i'm thinking in words, I get twitches on the right side of my body.

It happens the most when i'm trying to sleep on speed. Strange.

I used to get terrible sleep paralysis. Mostly from trying to induce lucid dreaming. It got to the point where the twitching before sleep became full convulsions. It was pretty scary at the time, but i just kept pushing myself further and further. I do have a seizure disorder. My neurologist says it was from the rapid alteration of my mental state or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.