• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KStoner6tb

Bluelighter
I've noticed that a few other sub-forums on B.L. have a photo thread or three; so why not healthy living? I was thinking this could be a long-term, motivational thread as well as a spontaneous, random picture oppurtunity.

For anybody trying to accomplish a certain goal(be it, weight loss, muscle gain, whatever floats YOUR boat:)) people can provide exact tips, or advice to help others achieve their desired goal.

I'll go ahead and start off...I'm trying to stick to a 'lean-bulk' and be down to 10% body fat by summer(4 months) I've recently discovered carb-cycling, and experienced excellent results so far. However, I do have a slight case of gyno from puberty and it seems utterly impossible to get a hard, cut up chest:(
I've been told just to lose more body fat, but my arms, delts, etc all have a defined look, and the chest is just very stubborn. I know surgery is the only way to permanently/completely remove gyno, but I was just wondering if anybody had any specific chest exercises that help to give that hard, vascular look..thanks=D

Yeah I've always had a little bit of gyno and/or my chest is just where my fat deposits first and it's really frustrating.....I've been carrying around a significant amount of body fat on top of my muscles for the last year and I'm also trying to get down to about 12%......I do an hour of cardio a day after 90 minutes of intense weight training and I just can't seem to lose that stubborn fat around the love handles and chest....

How are you carb cycling? 3 days no carbs then load up? I figure my upcoming county jail sentence for at least 90 days will let me lose all the fat I want to....for some reason I can't upload pics. :(

What's up Roller? Yah man I'm the same way with the fat deposits and chest. I've recently gotten into boxing, so weights have taken a back seat to sparring, heavy bag, shadow boxing, etc. I still lift, but it's always after the cardio session; which is backwards if you're trying to bulk up. But, I've never been really ripped up, and that's what I'm going for.

I recently read about carb cycling, and decided to give it a try. I'm basing it on a 3 day rotation, with 6 meals a day. On the HIGH carb day, 6 out of 6 meals may contain carbs. On the LOW carb day, 3 out of 6 meals may contain carbs. On the NO carb day, well, zero carbs/sugars. Usually rotate from HIGH to LOW to ZERO and repeat.

My source of carbs on those days is either oatmeal, brown rice, or wheat pasta. Man, the zero carb day sucks bad! I think it's more from sugar withdrawls(sounds like a joke, but they're for real!) but I am very cranky on this day, with a noticeable decrease in energy. I've attempted to up my fat intake to help with the energy thing.

I have to tell you though, the shit's working miracles for me so far. My waist is the smallest it's been since I've been an adult, at right under 32 inches. I'm right around 200 lbs and my strength has not suffered at all. When you going in for the 90 days?

Once more bicep pic...)

Don't know when I go in but hopefully soon so I can spend the winter's cold ass months in there.......

Hitting the bags will get you cut without a doubt...I've never been cut either...just really bulky or rockign the swimmer's, runner's build....

I know alllllll about sugar withdrawal...I can never sleep without carbs or sugar.....last week I went the whole entire week without any carbs= big mistake...

How much cardio you doing? Throw in a fat burner...try Redline by VPX....Either the drink or the pills....shit is unreal!!

Your bicep has an awesome peak...mine have always been flat....

I stopped going heavy on arm day and have just focused on feeling the muscles more...

How much cardio you doing? Throw in a fat burner...try Redline by VPX....Either the drink or the pills....shit is unreal!!

With the cardio, I'm usually doing 1-2 hours a day; usually in the early morning upon waking on an empty stomach. I try to switch it up constantly, with running, starclimber, stationary bike, etc. I've only recently gotten serious about cardio with the whole boxing program. I used to try to just bulk up as much as possible, almost 100% excluding cardio altogether.

Haha man that redline is some crazy shit! That stuff gets my hard pounding like crazy! I've actually grown to like strong, black coffee pretty well recently, so I'll usually have 4-5 cups to get me goin.

Also, I've pretty much cut out alcohol and drugs completely. Never thought it would help so damn much, but it has. I had a problem with pharm opiates for the last 2.5 years, and I finally put that to rest.

With the cardio, I'm usually doing 1-2 hours a day; usually in the early morning upon waking on an empty stomach. I try to switch it up constantly, with running, starclimber, stationary bike, etc. I've only recently gotten serious about cardio with the whole boxing program. I used to try to just bulk up as much as possible, almost 100% excluding cardio altogether.

Haha man that redline is some crazy shit! That stuff gets my hard pounding like crazy! I've actually grown to like strong, black coffee pretty well recently, so I'll usually have 4-5 cups to get me goin.

Also, I've pretty much cut out alcohol and drugs completely. Never thought it would help so damn much, but it has. I had a problem with pharm opiates for the last 2.5 years, and I finally put that to rest.

yeah I can't fuck around with drugs anymore because of my legal situation....I used to eat hundreds of mgs of hydrocodone a few times a week and it really fucked up my test levels and digestive system....

alcohol is definately the worst though...even one night of moderate to heavy drinking sets me back.....

I have and always will LOVE cardio...esp running...I hate how bbers always neglect it....cardio is essential for optimum health and thats what the gym is all about....I've been hitting at least 25 miles a week and I feel amazing...physically at least....

Make sure to get your BCAA's in if you're running or doing cardio on empty...Optimum Nutrition sells 400 pills of 100mgs BCAAs (Luecine, valine, isovaline) for under $30....I highly recommend....also hit up the sauna and steamroom if you have access and throw in a one day fast once a week for a month.

I blurred my face because of my social phobia.

2e65to7.jpg

It's late right now, but tomorrow i'm gonna try to find some pictures and post before/after pics of my weight loss.

When I was 14 before I went into highschool I lost about 120lbs in 4 months by diet and exercise. It freaked a lot of people out. You can't even recognize me hardly afterwards.

haha thanks Maria=D C'mon Healthy Living, let's see some pics! Maria, I know you have some you're just dying to share:D

Hehe...maybe later I'll post a pic, although I'm not really keen on body shots. So I want everybody on here not to be shy and post their pics, y'all can post anything you like, just like the pic threads in other forums (don't think you need to post your washboard abs or pecs if you dont want to). All pictures are welcome so we can all put a face to the many awesome people who post in HL. :D

Being a bartender and barely exercising at all for 3 months has left me feeling quite small and weak. Tomorrow I'm going to start surfing though so hopefully that will get me strong again.

*edit for modesty

Last edited:
not to bad. i'm on the central coast of california

Mehm, I'm down to looking like a hairy version of you after not exercising at all for the past 10 months.

I approve of this thread.

Very much.

Now if only Paroooler would post his shirtless pics ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.