• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should mention, that this diet is more of a 'hardcore' bodybuilding type of program, that most people in Healthy Living would not want to try out. Like I said, it is not the most healthy way to go, overall, but from everything I've researched, and testimonials from others (some bb'ers who were preparing for competitions etc) it is the way to get shredded out with minimal body fat

Why are you cutting sugar KStoner? The body runs on it (glucose)

Sugar intake produces a 'softer' look to your muscles in general. Upping your fat intake helps deal with this problem. I'm sorry, maybe this type of diet would better be suited in Steroid Discussion, but I just wanted to share it with H.L. and how impressed I was with the results. I lost zero strength or muscle mass, but a very noticeable amount of body fat. Also dropped my waist to right at 31' and I'm a little over 200 pounds with quite broad shoulders. If anyone would like me to post an extremely detailed diet rundown, let me know.

Anymore questions?

Ok, here is my starting point. I'm going to need some help on how to put weight on...what foods should I be eating or at least trying to eat?
5'3" about 100-105pds. I don't keep a scale. Looking to put on 15 to 20 pounds.
startingpointfeb509001.jpg

startingpointfeb509003.jpg

If I'd show more skin the ribs are more visible but I'd rather not. There is currently no exercise in my life really.

Baked potatoes! With cheese, ranch dressing, and bacon... That's what I live off of after I get out of the hospital (since I always come out looking like Skeletor)... My weight goes up reaaaal quick.

Don't know how good it is for you tho, but it's delicious.

can't hurt. I like them. My mom has some special thing to make them in the microwave...so shouldn't be hard. Thanks.

Why are you cutting sugar KStoner? The body runs on it (glucose)

This is a very common misconception. If you take a look at the Krebs cycle, it shows that the body uses protein, fat and carbohydrate for energy. While it is true that the body uses glucose, that can be replaced by ketonic bodies which are converted from protein and/or fat in the liver.

I'd just wondering, is there anyone that thinks people are wrong? So the weight chart said I should be at least 115, its not like I looks sickly about it or thinking. Isn't this the kinda look ppl are after? Sometimes I wonder if I should actually be thinned but people rebuff that idea.
Just wondering if anyone thinks I'm just fine and 15 or 20 pds isn't' needed? Shit I see some fat in that last picture...maybe I should spend some time dealing with that. although I have found crunches do nothing for the lower abdomen at all...

.. Except that ketosis feels horrible.

(@Rabbi)

Pillthrill, from the pictures you've posted, you look healthy, and def. not underweight to me. However, to gain the weight you're considering, it's all about eating high protein foods, while cutting out the snacks(cokes, cookies, donuts, candy, etc). Maybe try doing some light cardio a couple times a week.

As far as the lower abbs, trying doing leg lifts, where you're laying flat on the floor on your back, and raising you legs up 6 inches or so, and going back down as many reps as you can.

Pillthrill-maybe its not so much about how you look but just your eating habits. I know this one girl, she's only like 14-15 i think, she is really skinny and sure she looks fine but the way she eats she is not taking care of herself at all and it is very worrisome to those around her. Im not saying you are like this-I have no idea. I'm just saying maybe thats what the people around you are concerned about.

.. Except that ketosis feels horrible.

(@Rabbi)

Usually this is because people do low/no carb with too little fat. You have to keep up your caloric intake, and most of that will come from fat.

I have tried low carb before (it wasn't no-carb but it was low enough that I was reading positive on ketone strips), just because I wanted to be able to speak intelligently with my clients when they asked about it, and I felt fine throughout. I still prefer Zone, which is the way I normally eat, but it wasn't bad. I maintained my muscle mass and leanness the whole time I was on it.

If your goal is to cut fat really quickly, then ketosis is the way to go, sure. If long-term health is the goal though, I'm not convinced.

But then again, I'm still in the process of tweaking my diet. Within six months I aim to get the vast majority of my carbs from vegetables rather than grains, then start tweaking macronutrient ratios.

Have you read The China Study Rabbi? It's not geared toward athletic nutrition, but shows some interesting correlations with both gross protein intake and animal vs. plant protein. A lousy read, but the referenced studies are pretty interesting.

Crap. Sorry for continuing the derailment of the thread.

Idk I just know the height and weight charts say I should at LEAST be 115pds... I lack the muscle that weights more than fat so thats not a factor. People see me not eating and they worry. IDk I've been told that ppl find me more attractive when I put a few more pounds on. Kinda like Fluffy, a little more weight seemed to do her good.
I seem to volley between I need to stop eating all together and lose weight and I need to eat just for my personal health. Its nothing my Dr has mentioned, suggesting that I have an E.D. for anything all though they have added it all up to see if there was something wrong with my thyroid, which there isn't. I just feel so confused. I suppose thats normal in American or even world culture at this point...

Resolve your ED via therapy. Ignore what people say. Ignore the voices in your head. Ignore height/weight charts.
Why bother coming here to ask for advice to put on weight when you have issues with eating and you don't exercise?
The remedy for that is simple. Getting over your issues is the biggest challenge.

I'd just wondering, is there anyone that thinks people are wrong? So the weight chart said I should be at least 115, its not like I looks sickly about it or thinking. Isn't this the kinda look ppl are after? Sometimes I wonder if I should actually be thinned but people rebuff that idea.
Just wondering if anyone thinks I'm just fine and 15 or 20 pds isn't' needed? Shit I see some fat in that last picture...maybe I should spend some time dealing with that. although I have found crunches do nothing for the lower abdomen at all...

You look fine to me. I dont see why you should feel the need to gain weight based on the weight chart. Yes, I think you look just fine Pillthrill. Doing crunches, maybe some pilates or stretching and some light aerobic exercise could tone your body even more.

Tough love huh PI. I would espect nothing more. I am TRYing to get into therapy. But people often see me, my eating habits and assume an ED. I don't belong in the ED thread because I'm not sick enough and I don't belong here because I look fine so apparently I'm not sicl. *sigh* Thanks for the baked potato thing though...easy and good.

Usually this is because people do low/no carb with too little fat. You have to keep up your caloric intake, and most of that will come from fat.

Actually, I've upped my fat intake to try and combat the lack of carbs, and I still feel like shit on my NO carb day. It's slowly getting better, but I still feel cranky and run down; with hardly any energy:\

Tough love huh PI. I would espect nothing more. I am TRYing to get into therapy. But people often see me, my eating habits and assume an ED. I don't belong in the ED thread because I'm not sick enough and I don't belong here because I look fine so apparently I'm not sicl. *sigh* Thanks for the baked potato thing though...easy and good.

Just eat foods that anyone would know that are healthy. Don't drink cokes, don't eat cookies, etc...You need to remove that sweet tooth for awhile.

Idk I just know the height and weight charts say I should at LEAST be 115pds... I lack the muscle that weights more than fat so thats not a factor. People see me not eating and they worry. IDk I've been told that ppl find me more attractive when I put a few more pounds on. Kinda like Fluffy, a little more weight seemed to do her good.
I seem to volley between I need to stop eating all together and lose weight and I need to eat just for my personal health. Its nothing my Dr has mentioned, suggesting that I have an E.D. for anything all though they have added it all up to see if there was something wrong with my thyroid, which there isn't. I just feel so confused. I suppose thats normal in American or even world culture at this point...

Your body looks really good. You have a beautiful natural shape. If YOU feel that you'd like to change your weight and shape, add some cardio, good diet and light weights. You said you don't work out. If that's so, you have a perfect blank canvas. You look really good already but if you started working out, you'd put on 10 lbs in muscle and look even better.

Plus, cardio is excellent for your mental state. I had to give up running because of a serious work/sports injury that resulted in a botched back surgery (and I'm 40), so I have to deal with that now. But before I hurt myself, I really kept my negative mental energy in check with significant amounts of daily cardio. I used to run about 35 miles a week and loved it/lived for it. My runner's high felt better than oxycodone, no lie. Try it out. You may really like it.

I'm more a yoga type of girl. I hate exercise with a passion. Takes way too much to get the "runners high And personally its painful, why would you do that? I try to eat more, although the bf has kinds given up, because he knows he can't be here to watch me. He was tonight and was hungry so we picked up some food. I went as far as putting it on my lips trying to get me to eat it. I just wiped it off. I just have no desire to eat. Especially when I'm depressed, which I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.