• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice paingasm!

can I just get a beep or something when paingasm or PI posts more pictures...no offense fellas but I don't really want to check your figure out! =D =D =D

I cut out alcohol, soda, energy drinks, juice, etc And just drank water.

Somehow that worked. I think cutting out alcohol was the main factor. I had always been a scrawny kid up until I started drinking. No special diet. I'm lucky at the moment to be able to eat what I want.... However, I am about to cut all sugars out of my diet.... Which is going to be a bitch.

Anyone else tried a yeast free/sugar free diet? Any advice?

I cut out alcohol, soda, energy drinks, juice, etc And just drank water.

Somehow that worked. I think cutting out alcohol was the main factor. I had always been a scrawny kid up until I started drinking. No special diet. I'm lucky at the moment to be able to eat what I want.... However, I am about to cut all sugars out of my diet.... Which is going to be a bitch.

Anyone else tried a yeast free/sugar free diet? Any advice?

Hahaha get ready for some changes. I currently carb/sugar cycle where around 2 days a week, I have absolutely ZERO carbs or sugars throughout the day and at first, I wondered why I was so irritable all day. I then researched "sugar withdrawls" and found my answer.

I don't believe you can do anything about it except tough it out, because it does get easier as your body gets used to it; especially if you cut them out completely, as you're planning on.

I actually asked my therapist today at a session about it, and she said sugar is actually linked with serotonin release in the brain??? I'm dead serious.

Soo, my only advice is to just up the caffeine(black coffee) to help with the lethargic issues that may arise. Good luck and stick with it Paing

Yeahhh, I've been researching it and sugar withdrawals seem awful... But it's supposed to be so good for your insides and is supposed to make you feel a lot better w/out the sugar? I'm going to the doc on Friday so I'll probably talk to her about it before I start... Until then I'm stuffing my face with cookies.

I'm hoping if I can deal with being dope sick when off of my meds I can deal with no sugar, but we'll see.

That's interesting about the serotonin, but I guess it makes sense when you think about it.

Thanks for the input and the support. It's appreciated!

going without refined sugar is pretty simple

going no-carb is COMPLETELY different

(the latter is much harder if you are conditioned to consuming a steady amount of carbohydrates during the day)

the body does not require carbohydrates as an essential nutrient. There are mechanisms in place (ketogenesis) to convert fat into energy.

i've been messing around with calisthenics and flexibility training, i found some army physical fitness guide my brother left around the house when he went to bootcamp. usually after warming up i hit weights and do another full conditioning drill then go eat. i don't really have a gym, just a couple of dumbbells and a bench in my room with only 70lbs of weight, which is rather frustrating when you're trying to get bigger

Last edited:
to be healthy I actually need to put weight on, I have a hard time being motivated to eat...
I'll maybe post a starting point pick and see if anyone can see any progress in a few months. My bf tries pretty hard but like he said, he can't be here to make sure I eat all the time...

^eating is a pretty big part of being healthy ;) i think just eating meals regularly that you prepare yourself using ingredients that are nutritious is probably the most crucial and yet most difficult to maintain especially in hard economic times, if you're working all the time and still can't afford the ingredients to get your munch on.

going without refined sugar is pretty simple

What exactly are refined sugars? I cut all sugars out like fruit, milk, veggies, etc. So for 2 days a week, my diet consists of eggs, chicken, lean hamburger beef, turkey patties, and zero carb protein shakes that make up 6 meals.

As you said, just preparing/eating all the necessary foods is the biggest pain in the ass. Working out for 1 hour is easy. Lugging an igloo cooler around with you to work, and sometimes having to eat cold chicken breasts is what really sucks=D

I live with my parents and they fill the fridge. I'm just not motivated to eat. My ex even tried to get on protein shakes to get any weight on at all...hated those things. To much for my body to handle, made me sleepy just to try to digest.

I'm hoping if I can deal with being dope sick when off of my meds I can deal with no sugar, but we'll see.
I've always said that "If I can quit heroin I can do anything" bc that was pretty rough. Now I see that my first trimester of being pregnant made kicking dope seem like a walk in the park. If I can get through a natural delivery--THEN maybe I can do anything. I would love to cut refined sugar out of my diet! I've always secretly envied people that claim "I'm not a dessert person" My boyfriend thinks sugar causes cancer--either way I know its not healthy for my body and I should really get that monkey off my back.

ps Cyrus-nice 8 pack!! ;)

I would hate to have to go on a carb free diet! Im so happy im still young!

I've always said that "If I can quit heroin I can do anything" bc that was pretty rough. Now I see that my first trimester of being pregnant made kicking dope seem like a walk in the park. If I can get through a natural delivery--THEN maybe I can do anything. I would love to cut refined sugar out of my diet! I've always secretly envied people that claim "I'm not a dessert person" My boyfriend thinks sugar causes cancer--either way I know its not healthy for my body and I should really get that monkey off my back.

I think if you can get through a natural delivery you are Super Woman in my book! The thought horrifies me.

Also, I plan on a "Yeast Free Diet" Which I think cuts out most carbs as well as pretty much any kind of sugar. I'm still researching the whole thing tho.

What exactly are refined sugars? I cut all sugars out like fruit, milk, veggies, etc. So for 2 days a week, my diet consists of eggs, chicken, lean hamburger beef, turkey patties, and zero carb protein shakes that make up 6 meals.

As you said, just preparing/eating all the necessary foods is the biggest pain in the ass. Working out for 1 hour is easy. Lugging an igloo cooler around with you to work, and sometimes having to eat cold chicken breasts is what really sucks=D
uhh what the hell man. thats not a good diet! You need veggies for vitamins and minerals (not to mention FIBER).

refined sugars are like raw white sugar, high fructose syrup, dextrose, etc etc

fruits are good for you...their sugar is good and they have vitamins

milk is a non-essential food item that is good for you...makes people strong to drink lots of milk

^word. I dont mean to talk shit about your diet KStoner but I dont get how cutting how veggies is good for you??

^word. I dont mean to talk shit about your diet KStoner but I dont get how cutting how veggies is good for you??

Noo, I know that veggies, fruit, and milk are excellent for you. The TWO days I do not incorporate these items in my diet per week, are because I want to have absolutely ZERO sugar or carbs throughtout that exact day. Milk has a ton of sugar. I do take a multivitamin to help aide with any vitamins I may be lacking from the no veggies/fruit.

Now, if you read my entire program, I claimed that I carb(sugar) cycle, meaning on the days besides the forementioned two, I include milk, veggies, fruits, oatmeal(carbs) brown rice(carbs) and so forth. I'm a firm believer in keeping you body in a constant state of change produces the best results for what I'm trying to accomplish.

I concede, this may not be the most overall, completely healthy everyday diet; but my goal is to drop my bodyfat as low as possible. This is just a certain goal of MINE. I'm just trying to share my routine, and the results I've experienced so far(oustanding for shedding body fat :))

This may seem VAIN or whatever to some, but I'm just trying to accomplish a goal of under 10% body fat, with a nice 8-pack and I was never genetically blessed with great abbs. You cannot have a "society accepted" healthy diet(moderation, lots of fruits, veggies, etc) if you wish to harden up like this.

No offense taken, and to everyone their own, this is just my goal, and their may be some people who are interested in the same so I'm just sharing my personal way of melting away body fat. Peace:D

Why are you cutting sugar KStoner? The body runs on it (glucose)

Status
Not open for further replies.