• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Staphylococcus aureus = miscarriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninevah

Bluelighter
Can a Staph (Staphylococcus aureus) infection cause a miscarriage. I've done a little research online, but haven't found much.

In this case it was said to have caused the placenta to tear.

This is controversial, because there was also a car accident a few days before which may have caused it. We're not sure. Just trying to get some info.

(p.s. this is for a friend)

That first statement above ^ is supposed to be a question.

It's too dang early. :)

Ninevah, I'm taking medical bacteriology and my professor just dedicated a whole lecture on staph last week. I'd be happy to forward the slides (PDF file) to you if you'd like. Just PM me with an email. It's a pdf file of slides with specific notes, but I think they are easy to read as long as you lookup some of the med terms. If you'd like me to take it a step further, I can email him your specific question. I know I'm just a stranger on the Internets, but you'd get a response from someone who is a PhD in the field instead of the crap you get online. No promises he'll answer - he is a snooty PhD LOL

I haven't studied the lecture notes yet (I plan to do that today), but I don't remember him saying anything about it. I remember him saying that there are certain treatments that can't be used on pregnant women, but that's just a given.

Anyway, if you want some real info I'm happy to pass along his notes. It'll give you an overall look at staph and there are even some gross pics. LOL

Thanks!

That would be wonderful Lysis!!! The email is [email protected].

I would really appreciate it if you would forward my question to him, and let me know what he says.

Thank you for replying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.