• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash; Which is Better: 'sticky', 'dry', 'hard', 'soft', 'solid', 'crumbly'?

Hash is a very rare treat around here in NY. When you do find some it can be of questionable quality sometimes. I've seen people trying to sell ISO hash for 30-40 a gram. ISO hash is some nasty shit IMO. Anyone can make that crap. I can get some extremely nice buds though. Lately a lot of dealers have been getting their shit shipped over from cali pounds at a time. Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, OG Kush, Purple Urkle, etc..

I wonder why good hash is so scarce around here.

I don't really have this problem. In NYC I can find many different types of hash, though I have to request it in advance. Typically I find that Moroccan hash is most common here, and the pricing is aweful.

For hash the size of a stick or two of trident gum would go for about 100 dollars. It's decent, though I personally don't like Moroccan and also smoke the best Lebanese on earth, so I'm biased :)

i find charas to be the most potent and flavourful, it usually comes from afghanistan, india, morocco, spain and is soft and dark brown with a slightly oily texture. you can tell it's top notch stuff the moment you pinch some off :)

not really a fan of lebanese blonde, mainly because it hardly makes me feel "high" just a bit of a cerebral tickle and also because most of the soapbar and garbage hash looks like lebanese :X

i also don't like bubble pucks. seems pointless to be paying out the ass for that stuff when i could just smoke some collected kief instead

dude - OP -
this thread is pointless, no offense.
i can understand you want feedback, but it is ALL down to personal preference.
unfortunately not as many people have tried hash as there should be.

its a shame eh.

but hey- heres my 2cents..

i prefer honey maroc, which is a soft, yet hard, pliable, one hit and quit shit, TASTY.
if i could smoke Honey Maroc every day i would, but it only comes around once a year when
my friend comes back into the country :/

freetheweed

since the discussion is about hash, is hashish usually made from the incida plant because of the higher yields? Ive found ive always perferred a good indoor strain over hashish. The high is strong but it tends to be a body high.

best hash i had was in a little cube and super super super brown and sticky and you almost had to heat it up to scrape it out. it was very very viscous, and if it was cold, practically a solid. got high off of 1/10th of a pea sized ball, or something like that.

since the discussion is about hash, is hashish usually made from the incida plant because of the higher yields? Ive found ive always perferred a good indoor strain over hashish. The high is strong but it tends to be a body high.

Because in most hash-producing countries, the native cannabis is indica. Furthermore, indica is used because it's smaller, matures faster, and - as you said - often yields more. It's more so practicality than tradition at this point.

To me, very little is as heady and dreamy as good hash, but opinions and tastes vary...

if you dont like the density of ur hash all you really have to do is heat up a spoon and put a few drops of water in there then put ur hash in,press down with ur finger after the spoon cools ,add a few more drops of water and reheat the spoon,and you can litterly choose the density you want ur hash,personally i think getting a gram of strait crystal is better ,because u konw that it hasnt been fuckd with,and u can do anything u damn well please to it,if you dont konw how to make hash,crystal would be fun ,kause once u get lockd into that shit,ul go nuts thinking of ways to press it,tell it gets to be second hand nature and u can do anything with it at any time of day.

Last summer in Amsterdam, I bought one gram of the most expensive hash and weed in each coffee shop I visited. My favorite of all was called Blue Dolphin hash, and sold for 10 Euros a gram. It was black, not sticky, not hard, not soft... One hit of that wonderful tasting hash would send me to the stratosphere for several hours. I did get one stronger kind - tiny "pebbles" of hard black hash, sold for 10 euros for a half-gram (!!), but it didn't have a particularly nice smell or taste. Just strong, and almost too strong.

I used to know a grower who made some amazing bubble hash. It was light brown, solid but crumbly. And definitely tasty. I'd take that stuff any day over the sticky hash. Still I've never had crappy hash...unless you live where they sell soap bar hash you shouldn't be disappointed.

I need to see my buddy again some day, he was making big yields every summer so he'd just toss me like a 1/4 and a few grams of hash just to taste test. I remember that hash lasted me like 2 weeks of being blazed 24/7.

Charas finger hash would be my pick.

BHO is a pretty cool method to mess with but I worry about toxins...VERY pure oil though.

Bubble Hash would be my second choice...but damn those bags are expensive.

Remember to use (Quick Wash Isopropyl Hash) QWISO method if you do elect Iso-Hash.... leaving the bud in the jar of alcohol for longer than 30 seconds to a minute just collects chlorophyl and other crap you dont want....I suppose a little THC gets added but ALOT of NOT THC gets added. . . (Personally this is what I usually make, REAL REAL simple and gets a good yield.)

Yea, wish I had more to add

grg

Charas finger hash would be my pick.

BHO is a pretty cool method to mess with but I worry about toxins...VERY pure oil though.

Bubble Hash would be my second choice...but damn those bags are expensive.

Remember to use (Quick Wash Isopropyl Hash) QWISO method if you do elect Iso-Hash.... leaving the bud in the jar of alcohol for longer than 30 seconds to a minute just collects chlorophyl and other crap you dont want....I suppose a little THC gets added but ALOT of NOT THC gets added. . . (Personally this is what I usually make, REAL REAL simple and gets a good yield.)

Yea, wish I had more to add

I once done a 30 second ISO extraction and got some amber red hash oil. I then smoked the weed I used to make the Hash and it got me pretty damn high still. So it leaves behind quite a bit of THC.

A week later I done an overnight ISO and got a hard black putty (about 3 times as much) and I smoked the weed I used in the extraction and got very little high.

So in my experience a longer soak gets you a fair share more THC and the hash is still awesome.

Here's some Charas I brought in India where Cannabis grows wild everywhere.
9917_147751841978_685646978_3345042_4208682_n.jpg

Great stuff and the more pliable it is the more fresh and potent.

Gosh I feel like an old timer, I haven't had any hash since late 80's dead tour. I did used to get goood hash in NYC[washington sq. in the early eighties, I remember it was very popular, I don't recall the name, it had two crossed machine guns stamped on it, was arpound for a long time. I remember getting an oz. for 90 dollars. Anyone else around there at the same time???

all hash is my favorite, whatever the clinic has I'll get, but one of the best I have had is afghani hashish, omg, that and full melt og, that was fire.

right now i have some nice pollen but IMO nothing beats some good bubble hash

dosent really matter what the malubility is to tell you the truth,but for one way of smoking,it shure as shit does,if you were to do blades,id say sticky,if you were to throw it in a joint,id say crumbly,if you were to smoke in a pipe or a bong go with the dry,if your selling it,go for the hard kause thats what the stereotypical idiot expects,and if ur like me,and you like to play with ur hoots before you smoke them (kinda like an animal playing with there catch before they eat it lmfao),then youl wanna go for the soft,personally i like hash you can make into any shape ,if you dont like the way ur hash is,you can always make ur own then ul know its that way for a reason,and if its made with chemicals its not hash its hashoil yooo

BHO is king... but old timers are against it... this is what hash is about....

yeah there is a huge bubble hash craze going on out west... but I dunno, I personally like REALLY FINE sifted kief....nothing beats the taste... and the high is out of this world... only the biggest, ripest trich heads get collected into my dry sift....

8ft-Sativa -- Damn!! thats a good chunk of charas, how was it??
Dumb question probably but I want to live vicariously through your super hash.

So in your experience the whole Quick Wash thing is not all its talked up to be, I remember the erowid method said to soak it overnight in a dark area...... but when I search the marijuana forums, tokecity, grasscity, yahooka etc etc they all sware by the quick wash?

To be brutally honest I have only made the keif hash a few times and Iso wash twice ...and that was before the QWISO was all the rage.

Thank you for the correction, are their any other opinions on ISO vs QWISO