• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"laced" marijuana report

FrostyMcFailure

Bluelighter
It saddens me to report their has been tainted cannabis seen in major cities on the West & east coast USA. It contaminated with an agent insoluble in water(not THC) & produces a bite/steam when smoked with a bong. Up close seems like the bud is dusted with lil pieces of bright tiny grains much smaller then any trichome without the mushroom head also off white(sea salt looking) type crap; both were clearly distinguished from the trichomes at 30X-40X magnification. i do realize on this site we are taught it doesn't happen but you'll know if/when you ever had this taint, very very strong effect & distinct smell. I have a hunch its some sort of synthetic cannabinoid. Also, smoking repeatedly leads to stabbing pains in the body.

Please report anything similar here.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is some kind of reagent that could detect the substance.

Hey, quite along time ago I smoked a few really fat joints of what I thought was just really good weed, after awhile things started to like wabble and swirl, whatever I looked at. Since I've always thought that i could have mild halucinations from weed (not audial)But then the thought of laced weed is possible. This may sound stupid or maybe the friend was stupid but a friend once told me that he used to do coke and it made things funkified and if you looked at something it would like move around abit. Is this true? Theres some really fucked up people out there so it IS possible! I highly doubt it though. Does anybody think that this time I smoked some highly intense weed beyond what I smoked?

I live very close to NYC on Long Island, should I be looking out? You mentioned major cities on the East Coast, and this has me worried. Recently I've had uncontrollable vomiting, trouble sleeping, and after I smoke I can always seem to feel something crunching between my back molars.

What kind of smell does it have? Would it have the same method of detection as grit weed? (Licking it or rubbing it on your teeth to feel for grit?) What do you mean by "bite/steam" when smoked from a bong? The pot I picked up produces an abnormal amount of smoke from the stem piece when I spark it (if that makes sense?)

I've been up since 6:30am and I'm delusional and paranoid, so if I'm out of line just smack me around. (please do LOL)

I live very close to NYC on Long Island, should I be looking out?
YES! Please keep in mind NYC & all other cities where this was reported are huge places & will never only have one variety to choose from. No need to get scared just keep an eye out for the funk.

after smoking for a while & then not smoking for a day trying to get to sleep will be a pain in the ass. I feel this can be attributed to melatonin depletion & the all natural over the counter sleep aid melatonin 30mins before bed should enable you to sleep without waking up a few hours later with intense dreams & cold sweats when sustaining from use. Weirdly enough i have seen one other person vomit after smoking that for a while & then stopping.

What do you mean by "bite/steam" when smoked from a bong?

Initially aside form a funky smell this was my first tell tale sign. Im spoiled & always prefer water filtration, i smoked some of that through a 3 chamber water filtrating device & it produced smoke along with a vapor which had a distinct painful sting/bite on inhale after passing through the water(Hence why i believe the contaminant is non water soluble & not THC), this was not present in blunts etc. Only hold a hit for a second & then your coughing murder in a non Thc lung expansive way. look for a gray mucus being produced from the smoking after a few days.

I was under the impression of "grit weed" as mainly a UK phenomenon & didnt think any samples had been obtained in the USA.. Unfortunately, i have to reevaluate my school of thought on that, it is clearly gritty yes but wasnt the grit sand & glass pieces? If so this is different since the contaminant seems active.

also very distinctly sticky in a non usual THC sorta way, very odd indeed.

One hit will leave you with the classic "head between temples expands" feeling & even leads to seeing colors with no tolerance. I've smoked many a marijuana sample with over 20% THC & as long as it has this chemical smell/taint its distinctly different. The best i guess to describe it would be "NON-ORGANIC" but not in the fertilizer sense.

When i came across some of this crap the smell was getting to me so i water cured a few grams & the water became a dirty yellow in minutes, i switched the water out & replaced it about 20 times through out a week & the buds that came out were much different! I literally washed them out but still they contained a wee bit of taint but i did succeed in most of the off white sketchy grain things .. Their is also specs(very tiny) that shine very bright like glass or something but again is clearly different from your average trich which towers over these things with a mushroom like head as oppose to being stationary up close & on the leaf.

Thanks for reading & not trying to give down the "never can anything be laced" speech-I usually give that one myself!

Im working on obtaining pictures from specific locations - if you come across something similar please take a pic preferably in macro & submit.

May be corrosive, feels a little like it causes irritation to the mucus membranes in your skin.. To my knowledge their has been no hospital visits. The fact of the matter is this has made its way to medical patients who do not deserve such treatment from dumb ass commercial growers in it for the money putting good people's health in harms way for the wrap of having a potent product(which they clearly do not know how to produce naturally).

Last edited:
Why don't you just ask the person you got it from about it, honestly? Just tell him you liked it.

have you gotten this numerous times. do any of the people you know who smoke get the same thing? do you have a camera?

have you gotten this numerous times. do any of the people you know who smoke get the same thing? do you have a camera?
Yes, yes & yes- working on it.

The only reason i went out of my way to bitch about this on a drug forum is cause this taint has been reported to me by friends who don't know of each others existence all across USA, hence my concern.

Why don't you just ask the person you got it from about it, honestly? Just tell him you liked it.
Yes. Results weren't reassuring to say the least but the dude wasnt really educated on the subject(s) to the point where itd be worth my time to call bullshit. i did consider filling a cup with water & dropping a bud in for demo but itd fall on death ears IMO, even posting this made more progress then that route would likely produce.

Frosty: Thank you for the in depth info. I'll report back if I run across it.

And what do you mean about all these cities it was reported? Who has been reporting and where are you getting all this info?

faint smell of bs if you ask me.

If its so distinctly laced, show us the proof.

Generally speaking though im not concerned over your particular health so you are right on this one Psy- you got me good, guy. "Proof" comes through lab testing from law enforcement seizing samples & i dont work for or enjoy helping the po-9(cops) so thats really not my job, is it- Neither is warning people in the first place.
You clearly cant smell bullshit cause if you could youd smell your own bullshit sensor being full of bullshit. burnn*High-fives!*
Now THATS outts the way, your entitled to an opinion but i didnt really ask who believed me since most people wont understand without 1st hand experience but if that occurs it is very distinct & their flags will probably go up.

Who has been reporting and where are you getting all this info?

I happened across the skank a few months back & figured itd go away but friends & people across USA(who wish to remain anonymous) have reported it to me since raising concern. Smell is "chemically" & not in a good way but kinda like someone took some shitty cleaner fluid or some stank ass Windex & dabbed it but i really find it hard to believe people can be that fucking brainless.

Last edited:
Laced weed on the west coast? I call bullshit. In fact, I'm going to go so far as the whole concept of "laced weed" in the US is crap except for maybe a few isolated incidents, or if you consider unflushed bud with toxic pesticides in it laced.

The fact of the matter is this has made its way to medical patients who do not deserve such treatment from dumb ass commercial growers in it for the money putting good people's health in harms way for the wrap of having a potent product(which they clearly do not know how to produce naturally).

I know my fair share of growers in the emerald triangle and I have never seen nor heard about any large scale grows trying to pull shit like this. You'd frankly stop getting customers.

I appreciate the post.

Grit weed's no bullshit, so this doesn't sound implausible either. And since this isn't just another "OMG I got all high and tripped out" I can't really see a motivation for the OP to bullshit on it.

^^^^

Seconded. If there's some bad pot going around, why the fuck would you down on someone who's taking time out of their life to tell us? You should be grateful, regardless of it's true or not. Baaaw someone fooled you on the internet? That's better then smoking grit weed or some shit.

Seconded. If there's some bad pot going around, why the fuck would you down on someone who's taking time out of their life to tell us? You should be grateful, regardless of it's true or not. Baaaw someone fooled you on the internet? That's better then smoking grit weed or some shit.

Here on BL we are taught that laced weed doesnt happen so to call BS on it seems 2 the inexperienced as pretty much a guarantee to get a brownie point or 2+. I often do it myself feeling i can attribute the "laced bud" reports to low tolerance to a good sativa in light weights. I feel the fact this thread received
20+ posts & no where near 80% were trying to convince me im talking bullshit which happens in almost every other thread about laced bud as testimony enough to its authenticity.