Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aripiprazole (Abilify)

Teddles

Bluelighter
Hi guys its been a while since i've made post but i weed the site a few times weeks.
I know that people have been quinea pig for the doctors and pysc. Over the years i've lost track off what i'll been on and i still think . I am at my best with Lorazaam three ties a day and a slinox-Cr at night.

Recently he wants me to trial Aripiprazole (Abilify), Its a anti psychotic but it bost dopaimine and serotoin so it is a antidepressant to. I think is sounds like a straight forward drug.

Has Any one else had any experiance with the Aripiprazole (Abilify). Ted

it doesnt work for all, but IF it works..my god does it work well. it becomes addictive even. however all of the fatal adverse events kinda put a damper on it all....rain on the abilify parade.

try it and see what happens. you wont go mad...its all about either having the side effects or not having them...and then its about ; is it helping as an adjunct to my AD? usually the answer is yes. Abilify has a very complex mechanism, it's kinda a slim and sexy popular new psychotropic drug. The abilify generation, that's us. It's no wonder it costs profane amounts of money...well, here in the US anyway.

I've been taking this med for two weeks now with nil side effects or anything. If anything i'm feeling absoulely stunning. No paranoia, sleep disturbance, no weird visual side effects.

I not really certain why i was put on them but i am glad i was, my sleep patterns are almost normal, my though patterns are very organised and bouncing of the walls with happiness. when i see pysc next will ask more questions.

Aripiprazole is a very good med in my opinion. will hopefully have more info later in week.

Aripiprazole is a very good med in my opinion. will hopefully have more info later in week.

Nice to hear you're feeling better Teddles. Are you still needing to take Lorazepam and Stillnox?

I'd not read anything about Aripiprazole at all, so I glanced through the MIMS entry and looked at the structure. Very novel indeed. Interesting that it's a partial agonist actions at D2 and 5HT1a receptors and has antagonist actions at 5HT2a. Looks a pretty good drug for teating schizophrenia, and it will be interesting to see what variations on this structure might create.

If you contiune on Aripiprazole for any length of time, please keep us updated on how you're going.

Lorazepam is expensive and a shitty benzo IMO. Stillnox is a subtype of benzo's so there cross tolerant. If ur a lifelong severe insomniac/extremely debilitating anxiety sufferer do what ya gotta do, but id get off that shit partner.

anti-psychotics, kinda strong shit ay? What's your mental health problems if u dont mind tellin em?

peace.

I have been taking abilify for around 18months have been on other meds like risperdal and chlroapramizine in the past. Abilify has been working rather well for me it automatically helps the pschotic symptoms with few side effects but also seems to lower my anxiety dramatically.I feel more comfortable talking to people etc .reduces shyness if thats possible.(more confidence) and easier to express ones thoughts and feeling .when i dont take it for 2 weeks or more i get very withdrawn and have (negative) type syptoms this of course is just my experience. I only know of 1 other person who takes abilify in the U.S. and has worked very well for him too. If it works for you your on a good thing ! good luck :) hope it all goes well

I've been on it for around a year. No real side effects, except for increased sweating. I had no further psychotic episodes, but mine were drug induced so as long as I don't take drugs anymore I'll be fine.

FYI: it's a partial dopamine agonist, so it doesn't boost dopamine per se, it regulates it.

horrible medication in my experience, typical zombie-like anti-psychotic effect. That said my problem isn't bi-polar disorder or schizo. It can be really good for some...

Interesting that it's a partial agonist actions at D2 and 5HT1a receptors and has antagonist actions at 5HT2a. .

Its a partial D2 agonist pre-synaptically, is it not? Ie, generates negative feedback?

Also, if you all don't mind sharing, for what conditions were you prescribed aripiprazole?

I'm starting it tomorro and don't know much about it other than this thread so far. I'm getting it prescribed for bi-polar and who knows what else?..as I just had an MRI done and awaiting the results compaired to the one from 5 years ago.

Its the first antipsychotic I've been on worth taking. The only one to not turn me into a sledge shoveling fucking zombie. Take it in the morning. Enjoy some mild akathisia. Don't waste your time making your nostrils blue snorting it....save that for your ritalin prescription.

What would be the affects of the abilify on psyches or empathogens?

^from action described - DA and 5HT partial agonist - would depend on binding affinity I imagine...

Would it be an accumulative effect, or could I cease use like 5 days before?

That's hard to say. You might want to check on ADD to see what the boffins think. It sounds like you could just try a small dose on top of the abilify and see what happens... there are particular meds that interact poorly with abilify (see belarki's links above) and none of them look analogous to lsd or mdma... but I could be wrong.

^ Depends how long you have been taking it. And given the WD symptoms, if you have been taking it for a while I wouldn't just stop suddenly, could throw you into psychosis or experience other nasty symptoms.

Well I've only been in it for 3 weeks and I could taper myself off instead f immediate ceaseciation...

Hi guys its been a while since i've made post but i weed the site a few times weeks.
I know that people have been quinea pig for the doctors and pysc. Over the years i've lost track off what i'll been on and i still think . I am at my best with Lorazaam three ties a day and a slinox-Cr at night.

Recently he wants me to trial Aripiprazole (Abilify), Its a anti psychotic but it bost dopaimine and serotoin so it is a antidepressant to. I think is sounds like a straight forward drug.

Has Any one else had any experiance with the Aripiprazole (Abilify). Ted

DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. My doctor put me on this 3 weeks ago for sleep.

it helped me the first week. But the other 2 weeks and up until now are living hell.

It has gave me restless leg syndrome and thee SHARPEST pain in my legs and back.

I asked the doctor when it would stop and she told me its permanent.

Then she proceded to put me on some shitty medication that is suppose to help my RLS and pain but it hasnt done SHIT for pain RLS.

my advice is to stay away from it.

Once it starts it never stops.