• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone prefer Focalin to Adderall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but I'm not a big speed fan or a fan of uppers in general. I crush them up and put them in my snot locker. I like them because they seem to have a shorter duration, at least in my opinion

^it kinds like coke to me in that I enjoy taking a line or 2 then wait for the effects to wear off in do more. I don't enjoy large doses of upper all at once. Focalin to me is not ass euphoric to coke, just a hit of energy evey 25 min or so. I also feel that I'm in control more with focalin than adderall. With adderal it seems to take longer to wear off so if i take to much I'm stuck with a bad feeling for hours, with focalin, i feel its easier for me to know where my limits are and if I do cross the comfort line the unpleasantness doesn't last that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
My granddaughter is 7 yrs old. What would normally take 45 minutes doing homework takes 2 hrs. She has to be told to do things more than once. She plays softball and while batting she puts it to the fence but while on defense in the outfield she is easily distracted as with doing her homework.

The doctor suggested adderall but my wife is hesitant. Since several of you have been on Focalin and adderall in your opinion which would be the best for a child of 7.

I have epilepsy and should this be a concern for my granddaughter taking this medication?

The best bet is to listen to your doctor. Everybody's body is different and our reports reflect this. None of us are seven years old and none of us are qualified to give medical advice when it comes to pediatrics.

If you have epilepsy you should mention this to your granddaughter's doctor. Amphetamines (such as Adderall) and related stimulants can lower the seizure threshold. The doctor will be able to make the decision from there.

I would take his advice, rather than some first-hand reports of drug users on a drug website.

I'm going to close this thread because I don't see it going anywhere good.

BIGBROTHER09, if you have any other questions, feel free to send me a Private Message (PM).

-NT

Status
Not open for further replies.