• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

better way to smoke opana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saturatedTHC

Bluelighter
Not sure if this belongs in advanced DD but i figured it should? Anyway I used to be heavily addicted to opana for about 2 years, and recently i went totally sober for a few months. i'm picking it back up again and went to find a more efficent way of smoking it. I smoke opana because i always over dose when i snort the powder nowadays since i keep my tolerance very low. I wont shoot it unless my tolerance is up there too(i soak the powder in Acetone and then evaporate untill powder is dry again when i do shoot :) ) Anyway what i usually do is snort a line and after about 1 - 1.5 hours after effects have came in all the way, ill take some foil, put a crease in the foil, put powder in the crease and use a hollowed out pen and lighter to vaporize the powder and that gets me high enough to catch my nodd. But i always wonder since its a salt like cocaine, i wonder if you can make the oxymorphone a freebase like crack to make it more efficent to smoke? anyone have any ideas on this? thanks for your input...

BTW anyone else here smoked opana before or heard of it? Ive read around this site quite a bit and havent seen it mentioned at all.

Never heard of the term "opana". Some kinda opiate? "Homebake"? The smackie forum "other drugs", if thats any help.

If you esterify it youll end up with the oxymorphone version of heroin, basically. It'd be more cost-effective and it's a bit euphoric aswell.

If you esterify it youll end up with the oxymorphone version of heroin, basically. It'd be more cost-effective and it's a bit euphoric aswell.

If we go down that road, you might as well methylate the 14-hydroxyl group as well. ;)

I don't think that turning something into a freebase is always necessary or even the proper way to prepare a substance for smoking.

Some drugs such as crystal meth are smoked in hcl. form. I believe that fentanyl and some forms of heroin are salts as well. Both of which can be vaporized on foil the same way you have been smoking your opana.

There is also a large, and growing, group of people that are smoking chunks of oxycontin- sliding them on the foil the same way you smoke heroin. Have you tried this method? or does it only work as powder? Im interested in hearing more from you as I want to try this... My tolerance for oc is too high but every time I snort opana i end up bent over the toilet all night:( and I like the slow, controlled delivery method that smoking is.

Yeah, I have smoked heroin hcl. Technically it's vaporized though...

I don't think that turning something into a freebase is always necessary or even the proper way to prepare a substance for smoking.

Some drugs such as crystal meth are smoked in hcl. form. I believe that fentanyl and some forms of heroin are salts as well. Both of which can be vaporized on foil the same way you have been smoking your opana.

There is also a large, and growing, group of people that are smoking chunks of oxycontin- sliding them on the foil the same way you smoke heroin. Have you tried this method? or does it only work as powder? Im interested in hearing more from you as I want to try this... My tolerance for oc is too high but every time I snort opana i end up bent over the toilet all night:( and I like the slow, controlled delivery method that smoking is.

I've never tryed smoking oxycontin. I would think smoking opana as a powder rather than a "chunk" would be better just because of the fillers n stuff. I could see how smoking oxycontin in a chunk form would work as the pill filler is very waxy, but opana seems better as a powder. I can relate to you puking when using opana...ive puked countless times untill i finally figured out how to use it the way my body prefers. The best way for me to use opana is to snort a medium-high dose that dosnt get me queezy at all. Then after that high starts to taper, THEN i can "pound" it and do as much as i need to have my head in my lap. I smoke opana when i have little to no tolerence (which I keep it that way now :) ) and only after im already high after snorting and need that very measured dose to get just right, but not enough to be puking my brains out. Even after my first dose that dosnt make me sick, even smoking alittle will send me over the edge, but always after that initial buzz I can use it like a have a habit. Give me some feedback how your experiences go if you get around to it, and be careful with opana as it is rediculesly strong%)

You have oxymorphone and your snorting/smoking it. Why?

I mean how hard is it to get a rig. Please do not quote dogma about how it is`"dirtier" I mean ROA should not matter when one is abusing opiates. I mean if I smoke heroin is it less bad then IV? Dont think so. Best bet for smoking is to switch to slaming.

Probably not harm reduction persay but I feel more confident in injecting pillls than I do about smoking them.

Not ADD,and not harm reduction. Do not smoke pills, and dont slam thehm unless they are pure substances. ITs dumb....

AKA micron filter or your best friend chemistry

You have oxymorphone and your snorting/smoking it. Why?

I mean how hard is it to get a rig. Please do not quote dogma about how it is`"dirtier" I mean ROA should not matter when one is abusing opiates. I mean if I smoke heroin is it less bad then IV? Dont think so. Best bet for smoking is to switch to slaming.

Probably not harm reduction persay but I feel more confident in injecting pillls than I do about smoking them.

I used to IV opana when I had a habbit. I would soak the powder in acetone, evaporate the acetone, and then shoot like a roxi. But I don't want to bother going thru the trouble as Im 100% sure I wount be able to stop even from doing it just one more time IV...its just too good.

I just tried this for the hell of it and because i have a surplus of opana 10's, i used the foil method and ill be damned if im not lit as fuck lol, who would have thought, it kinda taste like h, and the rush is nice, thanks for the idea ;)

heres some hard data from wikipedia:
Oxymorphone HCl occurs as odorless white crystals or white to off-white powder. It will darken in color with prolonged exposure to light although this does not have an effect on potency. One gram of oxymorphone is soluble in 4 ml of water and it is slightly soluble in alcohol and ether. The commercially available injection has a pH of 2.7–4.5.
The low bioavailability of oxymorphone after oral administration requires Opana extended-release to contain up to 40 mg of oxymorphone per tablet -- almost as much as an entire case of Numorphan ampoules; attempts to circumvent the extended-release mechanism by injecting or snorting the tablets are therefore particularly dangerous. However, chewing the tablets and/or taking with alcohol for the 70 per cent bioavailability boost from the latter appear to be the only means successful Opana ER misuse aside from insufflation -- the TIMERx system appears to be making the extended release tablets useless for preparing for injection. Indeed, it appears that the tablet was designed first and oxymorphone chosen as the active ingredient because all the others available in the USA for oral use (fentanils are rapidly destroyed almost completely in the digestive tract, leaving only injection, transdermal, transmucosal, sublingual, and buccal routes as options) with the possible exception of levorphanol or doses of hydromorphone in the 50 to 200 mg range as useful for making a TIMERx-based analgesic preparation.
Oxymorphone is commercially produced from thebaine, which is a minor constituent of the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum) but thebaine is found in greater abundance (3%) in the roots of the oriental poppy (Papaver orientale). Oxymorphone can also be synthesized from morphine or oxycodone, and is an active metabolite of the latter drug. The structure-activity relationship of oxymorphone and its derivatives has been well-examined. Esterification of the hydroxyl groups yields stronger compounds. The acetyl ester is 2.5 times more potent and the propenyl ester six times more potent than the parent compound. If the 14-hydroxyl group is formed into the cinnamyl ester, the product is 114 times more potent. The most powerful oxymorphone derivative known is the 14-cinnamyl 3-acetyl ester, which is over 200 times more potent than morphine.[3] Another derivative of oxymorphone is the narcotic antagonist naloxone (Narcan).
The rare practise of making homebake oxymorphone generally uses oxycodone and pyridine amongst others, and the production of homebake hydromorphone (Dilaudid) from hydrocodone does also exist but is extremely rare. This is similar to a common method especially common in New Zealand to make morphine out of codeine and is in fact more common -- and the resultant morphine base is used as is, made into a salt (usually citrate, although ascorbate, acetate, hydrochloride, nitrate, phosphate, and sulphate are also possible) by dissolving the base in a solution containing the relevant acid, or treated with acetic anhydride or rarely other chemicals capable of acetylating compounds to produce what is usually a mixture of heroin, morphine, 3-monoacetylmorphine and 6-monoacetylmorphine. Depending on the method, this can also contain acetylcodeine and leftover codeine.

I just tried this for the hell of it and because i have a surplus of opana 10's, i used the foil method and ill be damned if im not lit as fuck lol, who would have thought, it kinda taste like h, and the rush is nice, thanks for the idea ;)

At least one person on the planet earth believes me...

Last edited:
Why the hell is this in ADD?

----> BDD?

i know smoking pills is stupid, but hey if you're getting your rush out of it, do what you want. they're your lungs.

saveyour said:
However, chewing the tablets and/or taking with alcohol for the 70 per cent bioavailability boost from the latter appear to be the only means successful Opana ER misuse aside from insufflation -- the TIMERx system appears to be making the extended release tablets useless for preparing for injection.
qft myself =]

Status
Not open for further replies.