Minimal & The Like - The Official Minimal & Minimal-esque Thread!

Don't really enjoy as MUCH what he is doing today as to what he used to do... hes produced some of my favorite techno and tech house... like this track here!

Marco Carolo - Avalanches

I do like his Fabric 31 cd though.. have you got that one?

Don't really enjoy as MUCH what he is doing today as to what he used to do... hes produced some of my favorite techno and tech house... like this track here!

Marco Carolo - Avalanches

I do like his Fabric 31 cd though.. have you got that one?

Nah don't have that one, just got a few of his EP's on vinyl, he is a bit 'housey' if you like, but at certain times i love his stuff, all about the mood your in ya know ?

Avalanches would be up with his best work, nice 'crisp' techno....so yeah most the stuff I have by him is a few years old now, still he got skillz imo.

Tech-house?

Even after all these years, I am still not always sure where one genre ends and the other begins. This changes over time as the full cross pollination of electronic sound cultures continues on.

Of all the hybrid genres, I think tech house is the one thats easiest to pick out.

the paul ritch remix of positive education is sick too.

Dave Clarke
ftw!!!!

You are very fortunate enough to live in Europe. You can catch most of the top techno DJ's & producers in your area.
We are less fortunate in the states because of what happened after 9/11
It has become increasingly difficult for European DJ's to play in the US.

I think Alex Smoke is my new favorite producer. I'm getting quite hungry for more of his tracks.

I think he's a genius!!! He's also a really nice, down-to-earth guy.

Check out my 'Alex Smoke top 10' in the Deep thread (maybe you've already done that). If you have Spotify, you're in for a treat - it's got almost everything he's ever released (except it doesn't have his latest album). It must have around 50 of his tracks, maybe more.

There's also a couple of live sets I highly recommend. Firstly there's 'Alex Smoke live at Chinese Laundry, Sydney, January 2007' - that set used to be available as a free download from the Inthemix website, but it's not there anymore. But I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to find if you Google it :)

Also, 'Alex Smoke live in Calgary' (from July 2009), which again used to be a free download from the De:Bug website, but isn't there anymore, so you'll just have to search for it.

But hmmmmmmm...............let me see...............aside from my Alex Smoke top 10, and aside from Snider, what other tracks of his might you like that are up on youtube...........

Maybe Alex Smoke - Telemetry and Alex Smoke - Lost In Sound

Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash, Death In Vegas' 'Fabriclive' mix CD is amazing. It's a combination of minimal and electro (and by electro, I mean pure electro; not electrohouse). It's got 2 Alex Smoke tracks - 'Lost In Sound' and 'Neds' (Neds would've been in my Alex Smoke top 10, but unfortunately it's not up on youtube). Those 2 tracks were the 2nd and 3rd Alex Smoke tracks I ever heard. The first I heard was 'Chica Wappa', and it blew my mind. But then I heard 'Neds, and it confirmed to be that 'Chica Wappa' was no fluke, and that Smoke was an absolute fcuking genius!!!!!!

Now THIS is my kind of thread...

/cracks knuckles...

Here are a bunch of names from my itunes, and a bunch more off the top of my head.

Agoria
Akufen
Alex Under
Ambivalent
Anders Ilar
Anja Schneider
Audion
Audio Werner
Baby Ford
Barem
Ben Klock
Booka Shade
Bruno Pronsato
Bulgur Brothers
Burnski
Butch
Camea
Cassy
Cesar Merveille
Chris Liebing
Claude Von Stroke
Cobblestone Jazz
Dan Berkson & James What
Dan Curtin
Dan Ghenacia
Dixon
DJ Koze
Dominik Eulberg
dOp
Droog
DS AKA Daniel Steinberg
Dubfire
Dusty Kid
Dyed Soundorom
Efdemin
Ellen Allien
Format: B
Friendly People
Fusiphorm
Gabriel Ananda
Gui Boratto
Guido Schneider
GummiHz
Guy Gerber
Heartthrob
Intrusion
Jamie Anderson
Jamie Jones
Jan Kreuger
Jimpster
Jon Gaiser
John Tejada
Joris Voorn
JPLS
Justin Martin
Konrad Black
Limaçon
Livio and Roby
Loco Dice
Losoul
Louderbach
Luomo
Lusine
Magda
Mara Trax
Marc Houle
Marcel Dettmann
Marco Corola
Martin Buttrich
Mathias Kaden
Mattias Tanzmann
Michael Mayer
Minilogue
Modeselektor
Monoblock
Mount Kimble
Murmur
Nima Gorji
Omar Salgado
Paco Osuna
Pan-Pot
Pantytec
Par Grindvik
Paul Woolford
Pedro (Petre Inspirescu)
Phunklarique
Pig and Dan
Pole
Prompt
Prosumer
Raresh
Reboot
Ricardo Villalobos
Sarah Goldfarb
Sascha Funke
Sasse
Seth Troxler
Shlomi Aber
Shonky
SLG
Spirit Catcher
Steve Bug
Stimming
Surgeon
Swayzak
Theo Parrish
Tiefschwarz
Till Von Sein
Topcats
Touane
Trick & Kubic
Trus'me
Troy Pierce
Wighnomy Brothers

That should be a good jumping-off point. I'm honestly surprised that most of these names haven't been mentioned. I recommend the following sites:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast.aspx
http://www.ibiza-voice.com/music/
http://dancetrippin.tv (dj set VIDEOS)
http://deepmix.eu

enjoy!

:D