Minimal & The Like - The Official Minimal & Minimal-esque Thread!

Surely you jest? Techno is the wellspring of all good kicks.

Some of you might have seen me post Umek - Gatex in the 'Rate the song above you' thread - a truly HUGE techno track........

Well.........I just found something even sicker - Umek dropping 'Gatex' at Cocoon, Amnesia (Ibiza). Just imagine the scene - 5000 screaming, pilled-up technoheads in an Ibiza superclub, massive soundsystem, strobe-lights going mental, and then the DJ drops 'Gatex'. Pure, unadulterated techno hedonism :)

Here it is - Umek - Gatex @ Amnesia, Ibiza

Edit: On closer inspection, the clip is actually from Serbia (not Ibiza)

Last edited:
yeah, I'm not into that track at all. it never goes anywhere. generally a bassline is a minimum requirement for me for a track to be truly huge.

yeah, I'm not into that track at all. it never goes anywhere. generally a bassline is a minimum requirement for me for a track to be truly huge.

Have you checked out the Amnesia clip? - you can't deny that that club is GOING OFF.

I'm guessing Umek used Gatex as his opening track, and as far as opening tracks go, I can't think of anything better to whip the crowd into a frenzy :)

...an older album, but I play it often:

Gui Borratto - Chromophobia

My favorite tracks have yet to get old. The others have seeped their way into my consciousness upon repeated listening.

In terms of techno / minimal, that is a pretty new album.

I agree with the F.U.S.E. comments too.. Dimension Intrusion is a must have album... and Substance Abuse is an absolute techno classic.

Here are a few techno picks for me...

DJ Rolando - Knights of The Jaguar - Absolute detroit techno anthem.

Plastikman - Spastik - The original minimal techno anthem... this is as good as minimal techno gets. I have the original pressing of this in int condition on vinyl... :) one of my most prized records.

Dave Clarke - Red 2 - This one shouldnt need much explaning.. classic techno from 1994. Still gets huge reception whenever its played. =D

paul ritch. some of his stuff sounds a bit dull on a home system, but it is absolutely epic at a club. in fact, I find that's true of an awful lot of minimal.

Full Effect: Yeah it was me! I have it on vinyl twice.. also have limited edition of ed 3 also! Jeff mills is the dj/rproducer that really got me into techno... him and Thomas Heckmann. Seen them both a few times DJ and LIVE.

Speaking of Jeff Mills....

Millsart - Steps to Enchantment - ABSOLUTE BLINDING TECHNO CLASSIC!!!! :D

Full Effect: Yeah it was me! I have it on vinyl twice.. also have limited edition of ed 3 also! Jeff mills is the dj/rproducer that really got me into techno... him and Thomas Heckmann. Seen them both a few times DJ and LIVE.

Speaking of Jeff Mills....

Millsart - Steps to Enchantment - ABSOLUTE BLINDING TECHNO CLASSIC!!!! :D

Yeah man, great tune, Mills at his best..:D Dirty as fuck beats.

Cheers man, I like Marco Bailey !

Another good Marco is Marco Carola, i especially like this set from Family park in Germany !

Check it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsa4...60723E82&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26

Awesome ! =D

Last edited: