• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Working Out On Xanax?

If you *need* it to get yourself composed enough to go to the gym, then by all means take it. It will help you improve your physique.

If you're already training hard and are just now thinking about incorporating it into your pre-workout plan, I'd think twice. On a small dose, it's not going to really set you back much, but it also won't allow you to reach your potential. I'd only really say that you shouldn't do it if you're training really hard for something (bodybuilding, powerlifting, marathon, etc.)

For the average person just trying to stay in shape and be healthy, if Xanax helps you stay sane in your routine, I don't see it being a problem.

i think that if you are used to xanax like me, who takes about 8 mg a day can work out just fine..... i need xanax to get through the day....i have severe anxiety from past drug abuse, (MDMA, LSD(which i still use) but its better if you are prescribed and used to it. I have done it with no problem. But ive been on 4 bars a day for 14 years. So there really is no point to take if your not dependent on it. I am also prescribed to adderall which i have been for the same amount of time and that definately helps me work out....but i have to take a bar..... but i usually break both in half.... just to be safe on the heart due to the upper speeding up your Central Nervous System and the xanax slowing it down. So be careful. Eat bars when you arent drinking and need to ask a girl on a date or something. Or before court. Thats best.

I take 2mgs daily when I wake up, so obviously I'm working out on it. Then again I've been taking it for 3 or 4 years. Either way, I'd say it's possible but not optimal if you don't have any tolerance.

Horrible advice. Working out plus uppers puts way too much strain on your heart. Don't do this.

Would you count Kratom as an upper and do you think that Light to moderate workouts on a Kratom + caffeine combo would be a bad idea?

I know it has some stimulant properties but also some downer/opioid properties as well.

If you aren't taking a large enough amount of Xanax to actually impair you then I can't see why it would be a problem.

I was on 1.0--1.5mgs of Klonopin every day for 11 years and regularly worked out heavily and did martial arts without it ever causing me any form of impairment.

i have played hockey on adderall 10-20mg a few times but im sure its a pretty bad strain to your heart

Personally Xanax always helps be be able to stay motivated to work out. Every body reacts differently. From the same medication. Without them I wouldn't do it at all
If it's going to help you I say go for it just don't over do it Xanax can make you think your a hero can leap tall buildings in a single bound and all that

i dont think. i dont know its p-m-lgy (fucking long wrds to spell hhh) but its like opiate upper and the heart issue caused by NA/DA uppers BTW how I join all the posts?

Last edited:
How the fuck do benzos take away muscle.
i love working out on Benny's.

Hey guys This is my honest opinion.
Sorry about the grammer I honstety think that nothing over a 2mg bar of xanax is perfectly fine before a work out, it all really depends on the person if im xanned out at the gym i usually feel a sence of euproia and confidence about lifting heavy without loss of muscle cordination or imparement. it makes me a little tipsy of course not noticible though . but that tipsy feeling gave me the motivation to ask other bodybuilders on what i can do better at the gym therefore i have gained alot of weight and new meathods of working out while being under the influence of xanax witch gained me 30 pounds. But let me tell u One xanax bar can fuck up alot of people where they do stupid shit or just black out. Know your Limits. Know your drugs. I feel like being under the influence of amphetamines gives me a since of well being making me want to lift heavy without the imparment of the drug. I highly recommend it just please dont fall into a addictions like i did Xanax steals your sole.

IMO with no disrespect i dont think its smart to take anything that will increase or decrease your heartrate before working out. you can go into cardiac arrest with and thats not worth a better physique.
Supraventricular arrhythmias occur in the area above the ventricles, usually in the upper chambers of the heart, called the atria. The irregular beats can either be too slow (bradycardia) or too fast (tachycardia). Bradycardia is a very slow heart rate of less than 60 beats per minute.

Last edited:
LOL oh shit. I used to do this.

Kinda defeats the purpose though

Working out is for being healthy and getting a natural high

Working out on stimulants like adderall and dexedrine are bad. Working out on Xanax, a low dose won't make much of a difference.

Oh my gosh, I feel like a sack of potatoes when I take Xanax. But my boyfriend can be fully functional and sometimes super productive.