• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

If you ever get depressed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

assembled

Bluelighter
You seriously have to get a sun lamp.

I got one about two weeks ago and I have noticed such a big change in energy levels and happiness.

I believe they work by making the brain believe it is being exposed to sunlight.

They do not emit UV unless you get a really old model.

I am in -44 celcius weather in Canada here, and I am one of the truly happy ones here this winter, everyone is bummed out for the most part. Not me :)

One catch, mine cost $200 so that might be prohibitive. Conversely, it is helping me more than my antidepressants ever did while I was on this.

I urge all of you, with love, to rent or buy one. The link below is the model I am renting from the Mood Disorder association in my City.

www.lighttherapyproducts.com/

Yeah those last couple days of -44 were ridiculous (I live in central Canda), -10 last night felt like spring. Due to our lattitude we don't get enough energy from the sun to convert VitD to the active form. It's recommended that we supplement with VitD over the winter. In the summer all it takes is 15 minutes of sun exposure on the face to get all your VitD for the day. Although due to skin cancer risk most people put on sunscreen when out in the summer and block VitD absorbtion.

I've often wondered if you could just sit under a plant grow light for 15 minutes since the grow light mimics the sun, imparting enough energy on the plants for them to carry out their chemical reactions.

hahaha.. yes ~ A dose of magic mushrooms and a sunlamp.... a soulful 'cure-all'

Status
Not open for further replies.