• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How can you safely IV suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Straight Dope

Bluelighter
I know this is dangerous, but I feel as though I need a more potent way to administer it, and I've read that the naloxone does not have an effect.

I'm detoxing from heroin right now, and I still have a massive headache even after 8mg suboxone, I have about a 3 or 4 miligram chunk sitting in front of me and I have some 31 guage insulin syringes. Unfortunately I don't have a wheel filter I've only got regular sterile cotton. From what I read I'm supposed to use lots of water and filter the solution about 3 times or so through the cotton and then let the syringe sit a while and make sure that there is no murky/chunky residue. I am assuming that fully crushing the pill before I do all this would be a good idea to allow for better dissolving.

Please give me some safety guidelines...

Look at the threads BEFORE YOU POST. this has been made SEVERAL times. There is a thread made specifically FOR THIS and tells you how to safely injuect subs.

Please use that thread.

There's a thread posted about this already.

6/7 will post the link.

If you're still detoxing from heroin, don't IV suboxone, you're going to want to keep redosing often, and this won't help you get over your addiction. Moreover, you're not going to get the rush you're desiring because of your tolerance.

What will help you is 6/7's thread about alcohol + suboxone sublingual method, it increases the bioavailability significantly, while still retaining the duration to be quite long and effective. From personally experiencing this, it is very effective for people who intend to get the most out of their medication.

For the record, the naloxone has no effect with any Route of Administration, snorted, oral, sublingual, IV'd, etc. The buprenorphine still out-competes naloxone.

If you're going to IV anything, wait a few days for the buprenorphine to work its way out of your system, then go back out to the street corner and get your bag of brown. Then, go home and IV that.

It's not that hard to use the search function and find it, I thought I'd leave it up to the straight dope to do it.

That or a mod, as he locks this thread.

Thread title: "How can you safely IV suboxone?"

You can't, sorry. Just take it like you're supposed to, under your tongue. If that's not enough you could try snorting it. However, I do not condone any type of drug abuse.

Lies

i would highly recommend against iving suboxone if you still have opiates in your system. You will most likely go into straight withdrawal which is the complete opposite of what you want. Snort it or take it sublinginually.

stfu nooblet! :X

the truth speaking to you unbeknownst fools said:
for the record, the naloxone has no effect with any route of administration, snorted, oral, sublingual, iv'd, etc. The buprenorphine still out-competes naloxone.

You all are TOO MIS-INFORMED for me NOT to post how to do this.

You all asked for it.

I gave a mod a chance to lock it. PM-ing someone off-line won't get them to do it.

Take your spoon. Dump 1 or 2 mg finely crushed powder in there (if you're going to need more DON'T DO IT - TAPER DOWN FIRST FOOL!), add 0.8 to 1 CC water. You do not need to light the fuck out of this like some people do with heroin, only a second or two to homogenize is all you need, whereas some people choose not to light the mixture at all. The preference is up to you.

Filter if possible. Do this until the solution is clear.

When you go, make sure you're in throughout the shot. A missed shot of this can (but not necessarily) be worse than heroin, etc.

HA!

You won't go into precipitated WD's, the naloxone is NEVER ACTIVE.

THERE.

And if you miss and you have serious complications,
I
TOLD
YOU
NOT
TO
DO
THIS.
FURTHERMORE, YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING WITH YOUR PARENT'S INSULIN SYRINGES. IF YOU'RE NOT EXPERIENCED WITH THE NEEDLE, DO NOT START WITH PILLS.

I posted this to be ironic.

Finally, nothing can be safely IV'd, you will always need a completely sterile environment, and you will always be running risks if you miss a shot. This goes for ALL SUBSTANCES.

Last edited:
^trust me, if you have opiates in your system and take suboxone, you will get sick. This is why many suboxone doctors require that you take your first suboxone dose in their office so that you don't go into precipitated withdrawal (or at least so you don't go into withdrawal alone.)
I had taken my last poppy pod dose about 24 hours prior to sniffing 4mgs of suboxone. Because pods stay in your system for so long, I got VERY sick. it was one of the most intense drug experiences of my life (the anxiety and discomfort was right up there with a salvia trip). I was dripping sweat, everything hurt (the fillings in my teeth f'n hurt) and I was nearly hallucinating. It was more intense than any IV heroin withdrawal I'd ever experienced....Sure it only lasted about 15-30 minutes but it was a very awful 30 minutes.

The bupe will eventually out compete the naloxone but not until after being VERY dopesick for 15-30 minutes. I'm just saying this to clear up misinformation, it's not pertinent to the OP because he said he already took 8mgs and didn't mention any precipitated withdrawal.

edit: oh nevermind i had to re-read what you wrote...my bad. But yeah if you have opiates in your system naloxone will make you VERY sick whether you sniff it, eat it, or shoot it. Plus shooting suboxone is pretty much worthless if you have a tolerance. I've done it, it's pointless....why fuck up your veins anymore than you already have? if you're going to shoot, shoot something that's made to be injected.

^trust me, if you have opiates in your system and take suboxone, you will get sick.
This is true.

However, someone posted that IVing suboxone will cause precipitated WD's, but nasally or sublingually dosing suboxone will not.

THAT is incorrect.

Carefully read the quote.

I had taken my last poppy pod dose about 24 hours prior to sniffing 4mgs of suboxone. Because pods stay in your system for so long, I got VERY sick. it was one of the most intense drug experiences of my life (the anxiety and discomfort was right up there with a salvia trip). I was dripping sweat, everything hurt (the fillings in my teeth f'n hurt) and I was nearly hallucinating. It was more intense than any IV heroin withdrawal I'd ever experienced....Sure it only lasted about 15-30 minutes but it was a very awful 30 minutes.

The bupe will eventually out compete the naloxone but not until after being VERY dopesick for 15-30 minutes. I'm just saying this to clear up misinformation, it's not pertinent to the OP because he said he already took 8mgs and didn't mention any precipitated withdrawal.
It's not "eventual", it just does.

Furthermore, 24 hours into WD still isn't enough, even for heroin, for some individuals. It's better to wait 48 hours or more, that way you won't need as much suboxone as your tolerance begins to drop naturally.

The buprenorphine is what out-competed the pods, not the naloxone. The buprenorphine wouldn't make you high, but it was enough to put you straight into WD's.

^trust me, if you have opiates in your system and take suboxone, you will get sick. This is why many suboxone doctors require that you take your first suboxone dose in their office so that you don't go into precipitated withdrawal (or at least so you don't go into withdrawal alone.)

edit: oh nevermind i had to re-read what you wrote...my bad. But yeah if you have opiates in your system naloxone will make you VERY sick whether you sniff it, eat it, or shoot it. Plus shooting suboxone is pretty much worthless if you have a tolerance. I've done it, it's pointless....why fuck up your veins anymore than you already have? if you're going to shoot, shoot something that's made to be injected.

the bupe overpowers the naloxone 100% of the time, always. its the bupe that causes ppl to go into precipitated w/d, not naloxone.
the precipitated w/d is caused by having too many receptors still filled with the DOC and the bupe comes in and suddenly knocks off everything so you suddenly have no opiates on the receptors which causes the sudden withdrawal.
also, the main reason you went into precipitated w/d from the pods is b/c pods have a long half-life and you have to wait longer than the shorter half-life opioids to dose the bupe. the 24 hours thing is for the short half-life opioids and sometimes that isn't even long enough.

sigh, it is NOT the naloxone in suboxone that causes prcipitated withdrawal. It is THE BUPRENORPHINE. Subutex can cause precipitated w/d also.

dankster saucce you are listening to your doctor TOOMUCH. naloxone is not even active when taken as directed. It is only active when injected, and buprenorphines higher binding affinity takes care of that anyway. It is NOT the naloxone that causes precipitated withdrawal it is the buprenorphine itself.

Just to clear things up I am legitimately prescribed suboxone and I did have to go to a doctor's office to get it prescribed to me and I had to endure a hellish night of cold-turkey that the doctor prescribed three measely 5mg valiums to help me through until I saw him again the next day.

My parents dont have insulin syringes, the syringes are my very own that I've purchased earlier from walgreens which I would use to shoot dope with. I am pretty experienced with using the syringe and since I haven't done any dope for a couple days now my good spots are fully healed and ready to go and I am not someone who misses shots often, especially when my highly reliable spots are in a state of functioning.

Also sorry for posting a redundant topic, if you look at my post count I'm still new here so maybe you can understand.

It's been a couple days since I've done any H at all and my first suboxone dose was taken in a state of withdrawal, so I have no other opiates in my system, I've taken about 10mg or so of suboxone today and I still feel like shit, hopefully this should subside within the next couple days and I'll stabilize and maybe be able to taper off my dose before the doctor tells me I should, I get the feeling I don't want to be on bupe for too long.

I think I'm just not gonna do it, after reading the detailed how-to thread that was posted it jus seems too much of a risky hassle without even a decent outcome.

Although there is a chance I might have some atarax laying around, maybe it might make me feel better if I take some of that orally.

Having done it, it's pointless, doesn't get you high unless you're opiate naive. If you have an opiate besides bupe in your system, you'll experience terrible precipitated w/d's. And if you miss (even after multiple filtering) a resulting abcess could cost you a limb.

the bupe overpowers the naloxone 100% of the time, always. Its the bupe that causes ppl to go into precipitated w/d, not naloxone.
The precipitated w/d is caused by having too many receptors still filled with the doc and the bupe comes in and suddenly knocks off everything so you suddenly have no opiates on the receptors which causes the sudden withdrawal.
Also, the main reason you went into precipitated w/d from the pods is b/c pods have a long half-life and you have to wait longer than the shorter half-life opioids to dose the bupe. The 24 hours thing is for the short half-life opioids and sometimes that isn't even long enough.

thank you.

sigh, it is NOT the naloxone in suboxone that causes prcipitated withdrawal. It is THE BUPRENORPHINE. Subutex can cause precipitated w/d also.

dankster saucce you are listening to your doctor TOOMUCH. naloxone is not even active when taken as directed. It is only active when injected, and buprenorphines higher binding affinity takes care of that anyway. It is NOT the naloxone that causes precipitated withdrawal it is the buprenorphine itself.
It's not active when injected, sorry. It's NEVER active.

Just to clear things up I am legitimately prescribed suboxone and I did have to go to a doctor's office to get it prescribed to me and I had to endure a hellish night of cold-turkey that the doctor prescribed three measely 5mg valiums to help me through until I saw him again the next day.

My parents dont have insulin syringes, the syringes are my very own that I've purchased earlier from walgreens which I would use to shoot dope with. I am pretty experienced with using the syringe and since I haven't done any dope for a couple days now my good spots are fully healed and ready to go and I am not someone who misses shots often, especially when my highly reliable spots are in a state of functioning.

Also sorry for posting a redundant topic, if you look at my post count I'm still new here so maybe you can understand.

It's been a couple days since I've done any H at all and my first suboxone dose was taken in a state of withdrawal, so I have no other opiates in my system, I've taken about 10mg or so of suboxone today and I still feel like shit, hopefully this should subside within the next couple days and I'll stabilize and maybe be able to taper off my dose before the doctor tells me I should, I get the feeling I don't want to be on bupe for too long.

If you know that you know what you're doing, then you can try it. I'll still advise you taper down to at least 4mg a day or lower before you try it though. 8mg is a lot of suboxone to be on during an entire day.

And if you miss (even after multiple filtering) a resulting abcess could cost you a limb.

That can happen with any drug.

And you'd have to refuse medical treatment and watch your arm turn all sorts of colors for that to happen.

You are correct though, if you IV suboxone without a tolerance you might get something decent out of it, with a tolerance it'll be very similar to sublingual dosing though. It's a very subtle effect for someone with a tolerance, this is why I advise tapering down to at least 4mg a day or lower if possible.

Last edited:
im prescribes saboxone do not take it before the 24 hour time period is up im warning u i took my first sub. after only 12 or 15hr. after doing prob.a g of boy the day b4. then a rinse later in the night and knowing me it was probably a big enough rinse that 2somebody with no tollerence would be floored on. but was deathly sick 4 3 days about. wasted 2much money gettin dope to try to kill the sickness, pointless untill day 3. pukes all the way to the dope boy then did it in the car on the highway needed it so bad, dont risk it and if u do dont wast ur money till 70hr is up hun.

then go back out to the street corner and get your bag of brown. Then, go home and IV that.

Thats the first time I have ever heard an American call smack "brown".

I thought that was a UK thing. We normally shorten it to "B" though, or make a pathetic attempt to disguise it by calling it "brandy" (and crack ("white") as "whiskey")....

Status
Not open for further replies.