• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Crystal meth = Acne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libby

Bluelighter
I have insane detox Acne since coming off methamphetamines,
a friend of mine asked what I washed my face with, I said pro-active, she laughed and told me to wash my face with baking soda and drink more water.
it's been two days and my face already clearing up heaps.
the baking soda feels a bit stingy but whatever man, it fucking works, baking soda and water, that's all you need.

*avoid eyes important!
**as it is slightly stingy, I would say don't use this method if you have sensitive skin, it may give sensitive skin a burning sensation

Last edited:
i dont think it matters what u wash ur face with. it's what you put inside your body that reflects what your skin looks like. that and what hormones/drugs are in your body. whenever i used to use lsd frequently, i would break out with little tiny acne spots all over my face the day after. it was so weird but it was completely relatd to the acid.

yes acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance (which can be induced by drug use)
baking soda cannot treat the cause, no skincare product can, but it can treat the symptoms, and baking soda seems to work better than leading skincare solutions at clearing up existing spots faster, it cannot prevent them from happening though. Only a healthy lifestyle can do that.

I know people who got acne when they used meth, but as I had a large, everyday habit, that was well established in my life, my body had adjusted to the presense of meth and I didnt have a problem with pimples, until I came off it, once my body detoxes and adjusts to the lack of the chemical in it, it will return to normal, however in the mean time, I have acne, and in the mean time, I shall be using baking soda. And recommend it to others.

Last edited:
Meth and meth withdrawal cause elevated levels of cortisol and other hormones which would cause all sorts of skin and other issues.

Only time and a healthy lifestyle can heal this.

I used to feel like I was sweating the meth out in oil form. The next day I would smell like chemicals. it used to make me break out too. probably a combo of lots of stuff (like staying up for days, not eating well, constantly touching your face etc.). Yuck, I'm glad that is behind me.

Libby, good job on the detox. It must be very hard.

I'm going to try the baking soda as I have a few pimples. Even if it doesn't work it definitely can't hurt me.

Tell me what you think of the baking soda after a few days!
I want to hear good news.

meth detox acne

ugh I used every day sooo much for 7 months. every day pretty much all day.. I havent done any for 4 months, and ever since I slowed down and quit, i've had the worst skin EVER. big bumps all on my cheeks and jaw. little white bumps on my cheeks.
I've come to the conslusion its all the meth chemicals that have been in my body for so long trying to get out.. IT SUCKS!! i used to have great skin and hot, now its such a blow to my self esteem..
its hard i feel like ppl look at me so different now, cuz i have a face full of brown dot scars and bumps. and i can tell its not just reg. acne. they're almost like pustules sometimes with clearlike liquid coming out. Sorry to gross you out!!

im gonna try doing a bunch of detox stuff but i dont have insurance and am broke, does any one know if the cheapest detox kits actually work, or should i just up my water and fiber??

^Just sleep well, eat well, drink lots of water, get fresh air. What is your diet like? Could you maybe be eating a lot of refined sugars and processed food that is not helping your skin any?

You can try the suggestion of the OP, and just keep your face and body clean clean clean while waiting for this bad skin phase to peter out. If you can, try to get some virgin coconut oil. Just a LITTLE bit is an excellent moisturizer for problem skin, and can help heal scarring and discoloration. Make sure to apply on clean skin and do not overdo it, as this may just end up clogging your pores. I owe my clear skin to coconut oil ;)

Interesting, never tried baking soda to help clear a pimply face before. Glad its working for you Libby .

^ this. its not always not being clean that makes you get acne or keep it, your diet affects it a lot and if its not that I have no idea about the meth thing...

oh yea libby hows your cheek? I remember when it was stickin out like a softball :).

I wash my face and body with soap and it works well to clean oil off (which can clog pores and cause a pimple).

I have heard about the Virgin Coconut Oil being applied to clean skin. I once read a book on the wonders of coconut oil and it pretty much is good for everything. I also know that a balanced diet is something that doesn't cross our mind when we come off crystal. Even if you are craving sugar try to eat a balanced meal without sweets and your body will readjust much quicker.

Ask your doctor for tretinoin cream (or order it online).

It's good for acne, scars, stretch marks -- anything like that.

If you really want to get rid of your acne, and you have the money, go to a dermatologist. I had reasonably bad acne during my younger teens and eventually got prescribed Roacutain. Its pretty much the nuclear bomb of acne medication, i went from having quite bad acne to having practically none, i still get the occasional one on my shoulder, but my face is totally free of it.

Best way to do it in my opinion.

my new flatmate gave me some shit for my acne, and its the best thing I've ever tried, better than the baking soda even, he has to get it from france sent over but its fucking awesome I swear. It's called exfoliac, website translated to english

Maybe I should go see a dermatologist.. I dont want to be put on acne drugs tho, I dont think that stuff is healthy at all for you...but maybe I should go in and talk to them and they have more natural solutions. I have to try be healthy now, I'm sort of worried because I found out I have abnormal cells, they said not cancer and not to worry, but I looked up online and I AM worried, may turn into cancer later... so yeah... want healthynesses, not want take strong drugs like roaccutane.

If you go to a dermatologist, there's a lot they can prescribe you (creams and oral pills) that will help with your acney without having to go to extremes and isn't bad for you at all. When I had bad acney and went to see my dermatologist she basically had a scale of what she would try first... leaving the stuff that you have to be on 2 kinds of birth control because if you get friends your babies will be deformd.... to the very last solution.

Crystal meth means more than acne, it's one of the most populars hard drugs that keeps spreading. I will never understand why this drug is that popular, as a drug detox counselor I've seen the ugliest face of crystal meth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.