• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Random cut at the corner of my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

I<3 tabs

Bluelighter
Ok I know i've been making alot of threads in HL recently but i've been trying to keep it down to a minimum as I only post shit that really bothers me.

Last summer I got these strange cuts at the corners of my mouth, where my bottom lip connects to my upper lip at first I was like what the hell because I dont open my mouth to the point where it would do that, it eventually went away about a month or so later

Today, I woke up and ate some soup and looked in the mirror and one of the cuts came back and started bleeding! WTF!

Is this some sort of symptom of a kissing disease or what?

This is only the second time it's happened and I honestly don't know what is causing this, it's really annoying as I have to eat smaller things to avoid opening the cut again, and I keep putting this anti-bacterial/disinfectant spray on it.

The cut isn't discolored or anything, except when it gets opened and blood dries up all around it, then it looks nasty

Has anyone encountered this before?

Coldsore probably.

It can be a manifestation of herpes (it's caused by the herpes virus in your lip), but most likely it comes from stress. Some people get them more often than others, I got it like 3 or 4 times in the space of 1 year once, back when I was drinking almost constantly.

Vitamin C prevents the virus from multiplying so should help with recurrence.

Now that it's there there's not much you can do, don't put anything on it or pick it constantly, just leave it. I realise how frustrating it is to have an ugly scab on the corner of your mouth that prevents you from enjoying food and probably makes you self conscious but there's really nothing you can do and messing with it constantly will only prolong it. Try not to open your mouth too wide.

Apparently actual herpes medications like Valtrex or something will clear it up really quickly, like within days or something, but I'm pretty sure you need a prescription for that unless you know someone with genital herpes.

I've had pimples on the corner of my mouth that I (stupidly) picked off years ago and it caused a cut-like sore there, basically pulverized it with facial moisturizer 24/7 until it went away. I found that opening my mouth wide before applying the disinfectant/moisturizer helped, as it "opened" the cut enough to keep dead skin from building up and helped me get the cream in.

damn maybe it's a seasonal thing cuz i just had this for the past week or two and im finally getting over it. first time this has ever happened, feels weird man

sometimes dry heat can crack open your lips and cause bleeding

pretty normal

maybe try a humidifier?

Sounds to me like you've gotten yourself some chapped lips.

Its not some horrible affliction you can use a humidifier in your room at night or some Chapstick works well too.

I was reading that link 8ft posted and as long as you don't lick your lips like a retarded monkey when you put on some Chapstick you'll help the pain and healing process by using some of that medicated blue chapstick, that stuff works great. I used to pick the hell out of my lips when I was on heroin. I would pick my lips until they were bleeding and awful. This stuff became my wing man, its truly amazing.

It doesn't sound like a cold sore. Cold sores are far more sore like instead of like a cut.

Coldsore probably.

It can be a manifestation of herpes (it's caused by the herpes virus in your lip), but most likely it comes from stress. Some people get them more often than others, I got it like 3 or 4 times in the space of 1 year once, back when I was drinking almost constantly.

Yeah the cut finally went away around Tuesday which is weird because the last time I got it (mentioned in the 1st post), it started on the same corner, then spread to the other side and the shit stayed there for like a month or so.

Come to think of it I was drinking constantly then because that was the time when I found out my ex was pregnant and we were constantly fighting which led me to go hit up the local corner store and drink myself stupid to calm down (for the most part, until she called me again).

And then recently shes been acting up again (not as bad) but for some reason me and my buddies have been drinking more and more every weekend, then we did 9 days in a row like 2 weeks ago. Then I stopped last Saturday

I got those damn cuts on the side of my mouth too. I think for me its drug,stress, and nutrition related. My skin has also gotten VIOLENTLY dry . Like around my eyelids and other weird places. I've been slathering on lotion , chapstick , and antibiotic creams on my lips because it looks bad and kinda hurts to open my mouth. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and have to re-apply it. I have like 5 different creams and chap sticks next to my bed.

Ugh... I think I may just have a nutritional gap. I'm vegan and haven't been eating all that well lately I guess. If it stays like this for more than a week from now i'm gonna go to the dermatologist.

- lenses

I've had one on the right side of my lip for about a week now, allthough its been 40degrees+ each day so in my case i believe its due to the dry heat as gaian mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.