EMD Progressive house

dandandan

Bluelighter
I am pretty big into minimal electronica but I've recently come across progressive house which I'm really loving at the moment. Sasha, John Digweed, Marc Romboy). I know the genres are very blurry but is anyone else into this sort of stuff in a big way and can give me some more suggestions? I love Sasha's latest compilation and Digweed's transistions albums.

I'd like mixes or albums more than just singles cos I just like to stick a mix on for an hour and get totally lost in it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasha and Digweed DO PLAY prog house. You could use these artist as referents:

-16 Bit Lolitas
-Jaytech
-Matt Rowan
-Stan Kolev (some deep house here too)
-Some of Deadmau5 old stuff (jaded, faxing berling, alone with you, etc...)
-Dinka (Dinka is Daniel Portman, both of his stuff is progressive and sounds great imo)
-Luke Fair
-Sasha
-Digweed
-Hernan Cattaneo
-D-Nox & Beckers (progressive house, tech house & techno here)
-Erick Prydz // Pryda
-Quivver
-etc...

Prog. house was the first genre of edm i was into. By the way, here is my latest progressive house track:

Methylenedioxycannabinol (First Mix) - Zelig M.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/540600705e49beb4/

Sasha and Digweed DO PLAY prog house.

i respectfully disagree. while they may have the odd prog house track here or there, i would label them as more house oriented sound now certainly compared to their late 90's sound which is prog house defined.

Here they are, playing house & PROGRESSIVE house at the wmc 2008. And please don't tell me that lalalalala (original mix) - Tyrell isn't progressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEX76mctfts

and that would constitute an "odd prog house track here or there". look im not going to get into genre wars but i could post tracklists of recent sets and cd comps and you would see that prog house is far from the majority of tracks that they play- they're house/techno/tech-house djs now.

and that would constitute an "odd prog house track here or there". look im not going to get into genre wars but i could post tracklists of recent sets and cd comps and you would see that prog house is far from the majority of tracks that they play- they're house/techno/tech-house djs now.

I would agree - I actually saw Sasha a couple of months ago, and I would define his sound as tech-house, although some of the synth riffs he plays do still have a progressive influence. But as a genre, progressive house pretty much died a good 5 or 6 years ago. The early Sasha and Digweed compilations (Renaissance and Northern Exposure) were amazing, but no one plays that sort of stuff anymore.

Btw, i never said they played progressive exclusively. Their actual style is more of a tech house/prog house crossbreed.

Deadmau5
Thomas Schwartz
Antillas
Neelix
16 bit Lolitas
Mango
Sydney Blu
Jaytech
Stan Kolev
Budai & Vic
G&G
M.I.K.E
could go on forever:)

Last edited:
Genre defining leads to arguments because its open to interputation. But im afraid ill have to take the bait aswell. Whatever about Sasha, Digweed still plays a load of prog. Check out his Kiss shows and youl see.

But as a genre, progressive house pretty much died a good 5 or 6 years ago.

Good music doesnt die just the the shit music people make to jump on the bandwagon of the 'in' style of music. Still some good stuff being made imo.

check out Luke Fair and Desyn Masiello

Neither do they.

Sasha and Digweed do play Prog House but it's rare they play a full set and the tracks are often few and far between. They had mainly went in a tech house type direction last time I saw them, Sasha playing more melodic and Digweed more on a tech/prog house tip.

DJs:
Nick Warren
Hernan Cattaneo
Anthony Pappa

^They are the only house DJs I've saw play prog in the past year and a half.

Check out Tribal Vision (the label) on beatport, that will have most of the upfront prog producers about just now and put you in the right direction.

Kasey Taylor
Chris Micali
Greed
C-Jay
Parham
Dominic Plaza
Jerome Isma-Ae

They were some of the best producers about but I haven't bought any since last year.

Progressive house is my ultimate favorite. The deeper and darker...hmmmmmm. Sooo sexy.

Check out Tribal Vision (the label) on beatport, that will have most of the upfront prog producers about just now and put you in the right direction.

Actually having just checked Tribal Vision they don't seem very proggy these days either. :(

to be released judge jules album, "bring the noise" has some banging progressive/house tracks. very nice.

to be released judge jules album, "bring the noise" has some banging progressive/house tracks. very nice.

LOL. I hate to sound like a music snob, but anything judge jules releases is hardly likely to be very underground. Or very good, for that matter.

LOL. I hate to sound like a music snob, but anything judge jules releases is hardly likely to be very underground. Or very good, for that matter.

haha +1
151745.jpg

though JoeTheStoner is pretty legit so ill continue to be a fan... %)