• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting phenibut??

The Straight Dope

Bluelighter
Is this possible? Has anyone ever tried this? Is it safe? Is it worth it and would I feel anything?

I've found that taking phenibut orally with heroin and other opiates tends to give a nice little "boost" to what I'm feeling.

It's water soluble, but I have no idea what kind of dose you would use. Anyone know the bioavailability of oral administration? You can take that number and use it to approximate an IV dose.

I wouldn't recommend this at all, but if you do IV it, take it slow and stay safe.

Do you actually enjoy oral phenibut enough to want to inject it? I don't have any knowledge as to the safety of doing such a thing. I doubt most people do. As mentioned, since it's water soluble, it should work at least. I only tried phenibut once orally at a dose of 2-3grams. I titrated up to this dose. It had an alright peak, but the comedown was bad and it lasted a long time. It also didn't work great as a benzo substitute which was what I was hoping for. I should have figured as much since phenibut is a GABA-B agonist, and benzos bind to specific GABA "benzo" receptors. A lot of people find phenibut useful for GHB/GBL withdrawal at least.

Last edited:
i swear that stuf feels like poison the next day. has anyone else woke up feeling nauseated after taking phenibut. It makes me sleep good and everything but the next day i feel like total shit and poisoned.

Not a good idea. As an IV user I know the dangers of squirreling around with the shit. It's already risky business to begin with, don't push it. Dosing could be a bitch, and you'll probably die trying...

If you like it that much, just take it orally with your shot.

Mr. Blonde,

When I say I'm an IV user, i mean H. Improper injecting can lead to all sorts of bigger problems, I'm sure most of you know that. It's already dangerous, so why would you inject something that's meant to be taken orally? I would NEVER do that, I hope homeboy didn't do it.

As crazy as it seems injecting phenibut would be a totally legal thing to do, it's also 100% pure and USP standardized and I mainly used it as a potentiator for heroin since my tolerance was at the point where I could get no more euphoria out of it even after buying something like xx$ worth, I'd get a small rush and like a half hour of nodding out after a shot. Taking phenibut orally at doses as small as 400-600mg helped to significantly potentiate heroin and my nod, which helped a lot and I think got me to get more out of the cash I spent on it.

Currently, the shit has hit the fan and I'm on my 4th day of not using heroin at all and my second day of suboxone treatment. Suboxone to me hasn't been that great, I still feel like shit!!

I was wondering of the possiblity of injecting phenibut mainly cause it's sold in powder form which to me means it doesn't have dangerous binders and fillers. I was wondering if I could mix it into a shot of H to give it an extra kick. I guess thats out of the question since I'm trying to stay clean now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As crazy as it seems injecting phenibut would be a totally legal thing to do, it's also 100% pure and USP standardized and I mainly used it as a potentiator for heroin since my tolerance was at the point where I could get no more euphoria out of it even after buying something like 60$ worth, I'd get a small rush and like a half hour of nodding out. Taking phenibut orally at doses as small as 400-600mg helped to significantly potentiate heroin and my nod, which helped a lot and I think got me to get more out of the cash I spent on it.

Currently, the shit has hit the fan and I'm on my 4th day of not using heroin at all and my second day of suboxone treatment. Suboxone to me hasn't been that great, I still feel like shit!!

I was wondering of the possiblity of injecting phenibut mainly cause it's sold in powder form which to me means it doesn't have dangerous binders and fillers. I was wondering if I could mix it into a shot of H to give it an extra kick. I guess thats out of the question since I'm trying to stay clean now.

^ Just because something dissolves in water doesn't mean it should be snorted or injected. Take codeine for example.

I heard it was a pro drug but of what. its marketed mostly in russia i think its scripted there or lots of research was done there for it.

I have eating Grams of this stuff but IV any user reports or do i have to google.
this tuff works great with benzos

It's a good point about burning like hell. It burns/very strong tasting orally. it seems to be pretty acidic or basic (one or the other.) Put some in water and dip a ph stick into it to see how bad it is. Too much either way could make for a very unpleasant injection.

Barring that it may be good to go. You realize, of course, that if this works it likely won't be long before it is scheduled along with GHB and others.

I read somewhere that it is used as a drug in Russia for smilar things as benzos here. Of course that was on a venders website.

My experience with low doses (~ 1gm) is that it does add some sedation especialy when mixed with something (like H, or Lyrica which I potentiate with it regularly, or even benzos although that would be flogging a dead horse, so to speak) but nothing fantastic.

Let us know what happens if you decide to give it a whirl. I'd do the ph test first though.

Secobarbital for the win. It doesn't leave me with a hang-over the following day and it's a godsend for insomnia when one is addicted to benzodiazepines and opioids and there is no medicine to be prescribed that could help. Anyway, I take it orally. Why destroy enough damaged veins in my life with such stuff?

Phenibut is significantly acidic...

Very, that's why it tastes so nasty as well.

If you are going to IV this stuff buy some pH sticks and find out what it's pH is, then adjust it accordingly so you don't fuck your veins and body by essentially injecting acid.

Does anyone know a cure for the horrid horrid hangover this stuff gives you? I've been vomiting all day, feel dizzy, constantly dropping objects and generally just feel poisoned.

: /