• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injecting phenibut??

Phenibut dissolves in water. can i be snorted or IV'ed

There is a report on erowid involving insufflated dosing:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=49109
"It should also be noted that we determined than an insufflated dose of no more than 50mg is about equivalent to 2 grams ingested. This implies some breakdown in either the stomach or intestines. "

I heard it was a pro drug but of what. its marketed mostly in russia i think its scripted there or lots of research was done there for it.

I'm not sure about it being a prodrug, but its essentially a version of the neurotransmitter GABA that has been modified to be able to cross the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB).

^ Just because something dissolves in water doesn't mean it should be snorted or injected. Take codeine for example.

I've read all about nasty histamine reacts to IV/IM codeine and other horror stories. But why do some pharmaceutical companies make IV/IM ampules of codeine?

I've read all about nasty histamine reacts to IV/IM codeine and other horror stories. But why do some pharmaceutical companies make IV/IM ampules of codeine?

I've never heard of it before and I doubt any companies would, since it would carry a lot of danger.

I've never heard of it before and I doubt any companies would, since it would carry a lot of danger

There exists at least one company who still makes IV/IM codeine preparations. I was looking at a pharmaceutical about a month back that made such a preparation. I just tried to search again but after a few minutes of skimming gave up. I don't have time for a source. It's an odd preparation to even carry. I did get a few articles on I.M. codeine being given to children though? weird.

There exists at least one company who still makes IV/IM codeine preparations. I was looking at a pharmaceutical about a month back that made such a preparation. I just tried to search again but after a few minutes of skimming gave up. I don't have time for a source. It's an odd preparation to even carry. I did get a few articles on I.M. codeine being given to children though? weird.

Weird indeed. It would be interesting to see what the dosing guidelines are for IM codeine since they typically make guidelines for ampules.

how did this discussion get off track??? Anyway, I have IV'ed phenibut and you really have to use less than 100 MG otherwise it's going to hurt in a weird achy sort of way. it's not a burn like diphenhydramine is... I advise against it. It didn't do much for me at all.

But then again I take phenibut daily to control my anxiety. So you could take it or leave it. I just eat it.

I was looking for different roa for phenibut to increase its ba, as my tolerance is crazy (12 grams plus a day); but shooting it would be pretty pointless. For one thing, it's highly acidic; donn't expect to have veins for long if you're planning to inject phenibut. For another thing, phenibut is absorbed exclusively through the stomach and liver; in all probability, injecting it would have no effect whatsoever.

Did bout 300mg twice in bout. 30 min. Burned like the devils cum started an acid fire in my arm. Felt a little loose, slightly benzo-y, but barely barely, extremely subtle effects.

Completely god damn pointless

Lmao, as soon as I read the title of this thread I knew some poor soul was gonna attempt to inject this acid and suffer horribly. Lol have you ever tasted phenibut? That shit is very sour, I couldn't imagine pumping my veins with that shit 8o

Lmao, as soon as I read the title of this thread I knew some poor soul was gonna attempt to inject this acid and suffer horribly. Lol have you ever tasted phenibut? That shit is very sour, I couldn't imagine pumping my veins with that shit

In the days of my callow youth I once made the mistake a snorting the stuff *shudder*. I imagine railing ~7 M hydrochloric acid would feed similar!

Ok, i tried it a 45min ago and started with 1/8gram plus .5mg buprenorphine.. I like what i i feel. Im going to push another .25g, if the effects are negative ill amend this post. (30min) later yes this is working. i would say the onset is faster, although i am still trying to equate the oral to IV dosages. NOTE: orally i take 2g usually.

---Crystals not F.A.A

this is stupid
why would you do this?
if you insist on another ROA than oral get the F.A.A. and snort it, it doesn't burn at all
do you have a needle fixation?

Not the point

this is stupid
why would you do this?
if you insist on another ROA than oral get the F.A.A. and snort it, it doesn't burn at all
do you have a needle fixation?

The idea of this site is to learn/inform.. your position is noted..

huh?

my position is noted?
wtf does that mean?
i think i know what this site is for.. HR.
Don't inject something to acidic.. bad for you.

Your position is compromised.

The citations I'm finding put a solution of phenibut in water at 2.3-2.7 at LOW concentrations. Keep banging that and it's going to give you acidosis, which can kill you. Stop that shit.

Phenibut IV

Spectarchild, any updates from 04/25? You stated that you mixed 1/8 gram or 125 mgs of Phenibut, with .5mgs bupe (1/16th a pill), and water into a pin in banged it. Then you stated success when you pushed the envelope by IV'ing 250mgs of Phenibut (w/ another .5mg Bupe?) Have you upped the ante and done 500mgs yet? Also, are you using Phenibut HCL or Phenibut FAA? So, from Spectarchild's anecdotal report we can presume that IV'ing 250mgs of Phenibut is not painful and doesn't cause any immediate problems. I am very interested in the details of this experiment and any thereafter. Can you be a little more specific and detailed about it i.e. how much water, type of pin, vein, solubility, rush, brand of phen, additional adjectives. "I like what I feel..." - is that supposed to mean, "I fucking love this feeling, this is amazing, wow!", or "I like it, its decent, whatevs."

I also IV my buprenorphine occasionally; i take 2mg in the morning 2mg at night. And I also have bit of an etizolam tolerance--i'm trying to stretch mine out so i thought i'd try this out.

So I IV'd my night dose of 2mg bupe usually w/ some mg's of etizolam i'd rather not mention.. so instead I had a different rig set up & ready to go & immediately dosed 300mg phenibut, no noticeable effects really--so dosed 500mg and 700mg. Gotta be careful around 600-800mg b/c i clogged two 30g points boiling it down b/c it wouldn't fit in a 1cc syringe. But anything under 600mg is perfectly soluble & will fit in a 1cc, tiny bit of heat can be added if needed, just try not to boil too much or you wont have enough water.

The onset seems a bit about the same.. just effective at much lower doses (i'd say about 1/6th the dose? so far?) been nodding for last 3 hours.. it'd probably be a lot better if i had my normal dose of etizolam in me. I did notice absolutely zero GI effects, usually i get bad diarrhea.. of course, that corrosive acidity is going somewhere- into my veins. But, my veins look okay despite 3 shots (all in different areas)--but immediately cleaned application area, applied triple anti-bacteria cream, vitamin E, & aloe extract- w/ a band aid. No irritation (unless you muscle it; which i accidentally did at the last half a unit of one of my shots, ouch!)

Anyway, I did use the the aminobutyric acid form rather than the free-amino-acid version, as I have some of that on the way. I don't suggest this for reasons already noted.

Last edited:
^ When you get the F.A.A. version try snorting a little bit.
When I was using phenibut I found that about 100mg F.A.A. insufflated had different (more relaxing and pleasurable effects, with faster onset but not as long lasting) than ~1g of the acidic version used orally.
Also I will mention that there is no burn or uncomfortable feeling IMO/IME.
It's worth a try only if one was wanting to dose other than orally/sublingually..
I'd say it is safer than IVing an acidic solution.

Just my .02

-HOOD