• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How often do you see your Sub doctor?

tom80

Bluelighter
I've been seeing one for about two months now (for maintenance), and the first two weeks I saw him twice, then it became once every other week. It looks like he wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future. He charges me $140 for every appointment (half hour), and the first visit was $200 (45 min).

Now he's recommending that for now on I see him for an hour each visit (for mild depression, which he writes me Zoloft for, but I don't take since the Sub works fine for depression) for $200 each session.

I'm sorry if listing prices is off limits, but this is completely legal and the point of this thread is to get your opinion on whether or not he's ripping me off. He also doesnt accept insurance (not that I have it ATM, but you would think that a Psychiatrist would accept some form of it).

Last edited:
At first they want you to come in like once a week or once every two weeks. If you appear stable they'll switch you to once a month (where you will stay unless you relapse or are have trouble).

If i was in your situation I'd tell your doctor that you can't afford to go in so often (unless you can afford it, and want to come in that often).

But yeah that's about it. Once every week or once every two weeks at first, then once a month from there on out. pretty simple, I dunno if there's anymore discussion unless the rules are different outside the US. oh wait nevermind i just read the rest of your post... He doesn't take insurance?!?! fuck this dude for real. well wait, do you have insurance?

I know when I was on suboxone (a while ago) I paid like $150 deposit upfront (cuz the doctors office was sick of junkies no showing for appointments) and paid $20 co-pay each visit. that was it. ditch this dude. Even if he's the only guy around, you'd probably still save money/time if you drove a couple hours to a different doctor once a month instead of dealing with this douche bag.

here, find a new doctor:
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/resources/find_a_doctor.aspx

I don't have insurance ATM because I haven't gotten legitimately sick in years. A bad excuse I know, but I'll get some soon.

And there's about 10 Sub docs in a 15 mile radius of me, but would switching doctors look bad? Like doctor shopping or whatever? Or should I just not mention my current doc to my next one?

I saw mine at first once a week for a month then once a month for three months and now I see him every three months.

Good gig.

He takes my insurance too.

Its a good idea to shop around.

usually once a month.

once he gave me 3 refills though so that was nice.

but he takes my insurance so all I pay is a $13 copay or nothing once my deductible is met, which is great. and then my insurance covers the subs at $1 a pill for the 8 mg.

would switching doctors look bad? Like doctor shopping or whatever? Or should I just not mention my current doc to my next one?

I dont think it will be an issue. If another doctor is cheaper, I would say thats a legit reason to switch.

Yea it is always worth it to shop around for bupe dr's. Mine made me come once a week for a month, then after that it was one time every month. She DT's me but only cares about real drugs. i usually always test dirty for weed and she doesnt really care about that. At 60$ per visit she is hands down one of the least expensive dr's in the area.

I see him once about every six weeks, it costs me 80 dollars a visit. Iv been seeing him for going on four years. I have a huge supley of subutex built up...... Iv never taken a drug test at my physch/bupe Drs'. He wont prescribe me any thing good but subutex, no benzos not even ambien.

The first visit to the sub doctor had cost me $150. After that, he wanted to see me a week later which I had to pay $50. Now I see my doctor once every 2 months when I need another prescription and he only charges me $50 a visit. Only problem is my insurance doesn't cover the suboxone, so I'm paying around $200 for a bottle of 30 8mg subs.

I'm on a state-sponsered program at a private clinic, so I get my suboxone and counseling for free. However, I have to go in once a week, attend a 45min to one hour group, then pick up my meds for the week. I also have to submit to urinalysis twice a month or so.

My old doctor, who was totally in it just for the money, charged <snip> a lot </snip> just for me to come in and get the script, he wouldn't even see me unless I had a problem, which I never did. I stopped going to him because his office moved like 4 times in 2 months, and he kept breaking appointments, then tried to charge me "since I got the script" for a month he didn't even see me or write me a script, so I told him to go sit on the third rail.

~CTdopeLove

Last edited:
i only see my suboxone doctor like every 3 months and don't get drug tested at all and am only there for 10minutes tops. they just see how things are going and write me a script for 90 8mg suboxones. i could prolly get subutex if i asked but i don't wanna push the wrong buttons if you know what i mean. only bad thing is that it costs like $120 for the script.

My therapist is between 125- 200 a visit, I feel so guilty that my parents have to pay it. But she takes insurance atleast.

Yeah I see my doc once a month, he's mad cool and takes insurance, if u dont have insurance, u should definitely shop around for a bettter price. Im actually in the medical field, and u will not be looked down upon for shopping around for the perfect fit, money and doc.... he never tests me either... U should also watch bc a lot of these sub docs are going to diagnose u bi-polar or other common mental diseases.... sometimes these are legitimate, sometimes not.... just watch for that... they will start loading u up with seroquel, lamictal, and other pysch meds... different situations warrant this, but others dont... not every drug addict is fucked up in the head as well... a lot are, but not always... I never take my subs bc I still do dope, but thats not the point... I think there are better docs out there for ur situation...

I've been seeing one for about two months now (for maintenance), and the first two weeks I saw him twice, then it became once every other week. It looks like he wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future. He charges me $140 for every appointment (half hour), and the first visit was $200 (45 min).

Now he's recommending that for now on I see him for an hour each visit (for mild depression, which he writes me Zoloft for, but I don't take since the Sub works fine for depression) for $200 each session.

I'm sorry if listing prices is off limits, but this is completely legal and the point of this thread is to get your opinion on whether or not he's ripping me off. He also doesnt accept insurance (not that I have it ATM, but you would think that a Psychiatrist would accept some form of it).

Why don't you go to a medical doctor or do you think the psychiatrist is helping?

I had to go every day for the first week (only charged a co-pay for 2 of the 5 days).

Then once a week for a month.

Then once every 2 weeks for a significant period (several months)

Then once a month.

I still see him now even though I don't get prescribed sub, though he's my PCP as well. He still has me come in every 3 months for a check up though.

I go to my sub doctor once monthly. he did that introductory week check up thing.
he's pretty cool. he also does like general family practice and sometimes i feel that he treats his addiction patients like they are less valuable and rushes me out of the exam room.
He does not take insurance for any addiction patients and each visit must be paid ($100) in cash on the spot.

so far the therapy has been working out really well and kept me clean for months.

When I was on Suboxone, when I first started it was weekly, then once my dose was stabilized it was every 2 weeks. I had to give a UA every time I went in I think (if I remember correctly) so they could make sure I wasn't using other illegal or unprescribed drugs...and to make sure I was taking the Suboxone.

wow thats alot of money. im glad the military pays for mine. ill prolly never see a doctor if i got to pay that.