• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Adderall to help get into a healthy schedule and maintain healthy weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyc

Bluelighter
What do you think of this? I'm going to my Dr's this week and for various reasons, I'm thinking of asking to be put on Adderall. Does anyone have any experiences they can relate with taking this drug as an adult?

How much weight are you trying to lose? Adderall will certainly make you lose weight, but not in a good/healthy way. From personal experience, yes, your appetite will be surpressed for a few hours, but it is certainly not worth it. During the comedown/crash(even off prescribed doses in my case) I wanted to eat nothing but sweets and bad foods.

I ended up losing weight in my upper body(muscle) and kept, it not gained some fat around my waist. Adderall is more of a quick fix even if you manage to lose the weight your shooting for because whenever you get off the medicine, that weight will make a comeback.

If you tell your doctor about wanting to "maintain a healthy weight/diet" and being interested in Adderall, he would probably walk out of the room.

There's no way he prescribes anything remotely close to that. Adderall has it's purposes, but not in the area of helping people maintain/lose weight. People have used Adderall in the past to lose weight and have been successful. But, as Kstoner said, it's terribly unhealthy and not worth the comedown/side effects.

Healthy diet/exercise is the way to go. How bout seeing a nutritionist? Talk to your doctor about what else is ailing you, but if you attempt to get the Adderall by telling him you have ADD, and then use it for your diet, you will regret it. GL

Where in my post did I say I wanted to take Adderall to lose weight? I simply mentioned it has a side-effect of "maintaining" weight.

My primary reasons have nothing to do with that. I think it's a beneficial side-effect. Sorry, in case I wasn't clear I'm looking for testimonials or experiences with Adderall as a drug to help maintain focus and keep things prioritized, help sleep schedule, and perhaps as a final benefit, to curb appetite.

Ok, so you're having problems concentrating? Then, sure, Adderall will help you. And yes, it will help curb your appetite as a side effect.

In regards to sleep, it will NOT help with that. If anything, it will hurt your sleep schedule. But, if you take them in the morning/afternoon, you should be able to fall asleep by nightfall. Don't take them near the evening, though, you will have a lot of problems sleeping.

I'm just trying to stress to you; Adderall is not the cure all of medicines. I get that impression from you. It will help you, but try and use it only for its medicinal purposes, and steer away from abusing it. GL

Well look at your title: "Adderall to help get into a healthy lifestyle" Do you really think Adderall is going to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle? You should know that amphetamines are not going to help achieve a regular sleep schedule. Therefore, I thought you were getting at the weight loss characteristics more than anything else. Of course speed is going to help you concentrate...you looking for someone to tell you that they took adderall, lost a few pounds, and became more organized, efficient, and have a better overall life because of it with no negative side effects?

Speed is probably the worst thing you could possibly consume if you're trying to get motivated while maintaining a HEALTHY weight...You will become dehydrated, lose all of your muscle (as amphetamine is the most catabolic substance I can think of), and your stress levels and cortisol will increase as you lose sleep....

Just like KStoner6tb said...when you comedown, you are more likely to crave unhealthy foods...Also, I must add that when I was forced to quit after a year of taking sometimes 300+ mgs of amphetamine salts a day while working out, my metabolism was and still is completely out of wack...

Speed is probably the worst thing you could possibly consume if you're trying to get motivated while maintaining a HEALTHY weight...You will become dehydrated, lose all of your muscle (as amphetamine is the most catabolic substance I can think of), and your stress levels and cortisol will increase as you lose sleep....

Just like KStoner6tb said...when you comedown, you are more likely to crave unhealthy foods...Also, I must add that when I was forced to quit after a year of taking sometimes 300+ mgs of amphetamine salts a day while working out, my metabolism was and still is completely out of wack...

exactly, thats i wanted to write, too.
nothing fucks your metabolism more than amp`s.

exactly, thats i wanted to write, too.
nothing fucks your metabolism more than amp`s.

so true...now I need to run 3 hours a week on top of a rigorous weight training routine just to maintain my weight.

No drug that I've done has been as damaging to my physical health as Adderall. I ended up taking steroids to rebuild muscle that I spent years building naturally. FUCK that garbage.

No drug that I've done has been as damaging to my physical health as Adderall. I ended up taking steroids to rebuild muscle that I spent years building naturally. FUCK that garbage.

Yeah...it's alright once in a while if you don't have an addictive personality, but taking that shit everyday just destroys your muscles.

Of course speed is going to help you concentrate...you looking for someone to tell you that they took adderall, lost a few pounds, and became more organized, efficient, and have a better overall life because of it with no negative side effects?

Well yeah, to be honest I was kind of hoping for something positive. I wanted some good testimonials before I confronted my doc. To be fair, I didn't exactly give much of a background, so maybe that's my fault. I was hoping people would sort of run with the topic.

I also didn't realize that amps were catabolic (exogernic) in nature, but now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm still interested in, "I took Adderall for x amount of time and noticed these effects" type stuff, if anyone feels so inclined.

Well yeah, to be honest I was kind of hoping for something positive. I wanted some good testimonials before I confronted my doc. To be fair, I didn't exactly give much of a background, so maybe that's my fault. I was hoping people would sort of run with the topic.

I also didn't realize that amps were catabolic (exogernic) in nature, but now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm still interested in, "I took Adderall for x amount of time and noticed these effects" type stuff, if anyone feels so inclined.

I was RXed Amphetamine salts (Adderal IR) and eventually Dexedrine IR 10mg tabs for about a period of 9 months...I used them about 3 days a week for school and of course getting high and was taking at least 200mgs in a 14 hour period EVERYTIME.....I'm a pretty solid bodybuilder and noticed dehydration, appetite supression, manic depression, anxiety, insomnia, enhanced then decreased libido, vision changes, crazy paranoia, my skin looked shitty.....not to mention the muscle deterioration...not worth the harsh sides IMHO...

Ohh and I was also taking benzos at the time and my 3mgs a day of kpin quickly turned into 10mgs...coincidence???yessir.

I was RXed Amphetamine salts (Adderal IR) and eventually Dexedrine IR 10mg tabs for about a period of 9 months...I used them about 3 days a week for school and of course getting high and was taking at least 200mgs in a 14 hour period EVERYTIME.....I'm a pretty solid bodybuilder and noticed dehydration, appetite supression, manic depression, anxiety, insomnia, enhanced then decreased libido, vision changes, crazy paranoia, my skin looked shitty.....not to mention the muscle deterioration...not worth the harsh sides IMHO...

Ohh and I was also taking benzos at the time and my 3mgs a day of kpin quickly turned into 10mgs...coincidence???yessir.

Was there a particular reason you felt you had to abuse your prescription? As someone who has struggled with severe bouts of anxiety and is sensitive to stimulants, abusing would be the last thing on my mind. I would be taking 5mg daily to start, then maybe upping to 10mg down the road.

Anyone have any success taking Adderall as prescribed?

Perhaps try Focalin (although they probably only carry d,l-MPH in Canada), as it somewhat less harsh on the body than the amphetamines. Also, it does not seem to be as powerful of an anorectic as amphetamine.

Overall, though, the use of stimulants for this purpose sounds like a relatively bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.