• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pale and unhealthy looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverDone

Bluelight Crew
Hello. I'm 4 days clean now and am anxious to get some color back to my complexion.

I'm a 38 year old male that smokes a pack a day of cigarettes, drink moderate amounts of caffeine and have previously (more recently) used/abused the following:

1) IV coke
2) weed
3) alcohol
4) heroin

I am also taking 20mg/day of paroxetine.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the pallid, unhealthy look to my complexion? I know 4 days isn't a lot but I would like to look as good as I feel.

Thanks HL!

well done mate, keep it up it's all down-hill now ;)

i researched a fair bit into foods and the body and the like and have also put it all into practise and i found out exactly what works (for me at least) and what doesnt, but it definatly helps keeping ya off the drugs :) lots of nutritional foods and light, daily exercise (for me i've kinda gotten into bodybuilding and a more exercise orientated lifestyle which put my in complete control over what i chose to put into my body and eliminated my cravings for pretty much all drugs) but always get your body back up and going slowly and dont rush into exercise without understanding what you're doing cause you'll be less healthly then you were before.

best thing you could do, buy some Whey Protein Isolate. Start of with 1 or 2 half sized drinks a day then progress onto a full drink 1 or 2 times a day. your body will thank you for it and it'll most definatly bring back your complexion.

try to up your intake of protein and switch your consumption of quick releasing carbohydrates to slow releasing; as is per normal with the modern human being, fast food, etc

slow releasing carbohydrates include:
-wholemeal products- bread, etc
-rolled oats- not quick oats which are actually quick releasing carbs because they're cut up into smaller oats, therefore your stomach breaks them down quicker and carbohydrates is another word for sugar, all sugars eventually break down into a product very similar to glucose known as dextrose. from there it's either stored as fat or as muscle sugar, aka. glycogen. So for sugar to be useful it has to enter the blood stream at a rate in which it can be converted to glycogen (muscle sugar). get all that? ;)
museli- tastier version of oats
-veggiremite/promite- contains starchy sugars which are rapidly absorbed but easily converted to stored muscle sugar and contain b vitamins
-salad- also a slow releasing carb but mainly contains vitamins and minerals
-brown rice
-some pastas
-sweet patatos
-normal patatos
-veggies- most excluding peas and corn are slow releasing as well as all contains nessesary vitamins and minerals

proteins include:

-eggs- easily digested making them a great additon to a protein shake in the morning after your body having just fasted for 8 or so hours
-chicken- the white meal on the brest is the part you want
-tuna- great lean meat, contains no fat as well as essentail fish oils
-red meat- the best source of protein, contains an enormous profile of nutritonal products

fats:
-peanut butter- contains good fats like monounsaturated
-olive oil

other foods:

-bananas- good dose of b-vitamins, works great with breakfast
-whey protein isolate- something no person should not be consuming. it contains the most complete and potent profile of amino acids known to man. it's made almost enitrey, unnessesarily when milk is turned into cheese. through a number of filtration methods it's then formed into what sits on the shelf. if you shop around you can get bargin prices especially if you are in the states. Optimum Nutriton is a protein brand of note.
-variety of foods in moderation but keep away from heavily process foods, white bread, juice (but in moderation and in the morning when you first wake up is fine, in the mornings it'll great your blood sugar levels up

a respectable multi-vitamin is a good idea.

mix a good diet, a protein shake and some exercise together to get your body working and processing all the nutrients and you'll be looking great in no time.

good luck bro

Last edited:
Thanks so much, bambamtincanman!

I just printed your reply and its going right on the fridge as a guide for adjusting my diet

I hear that Shaklee has a very good multivitamin. I'm going to check them out, any other respectable vitamin companies that I may look into?

No worries, glad I could help ya out. I use a multi called Adam by NOW Foods, NOW are pretty well reknown. Bodybuilding.com has the most comprehensive range of supplements - protein, vitamins, etc and they also have a thick harry potter size book worth of information on their site. Definatly worth looking into.

If ya come across any nutritonal or exercise hurdles PM me and I'll try give ya a hand. Take care mate.

poor circulation due to stimulants...coupled with minor malnutrition?
You know what to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.