• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time with meth...comedown questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. I tried to edit my post but some how I deleted it by accident. My kid is 24. Like I was saying. He had thought he was getting molly to try out and experiment with some girls. But he was sold 4 grams of glass. Which had also never seen before. He was wanting to try molly because he was told it was like ecstasy. He was fooled into glass. Anyways now I'm watching him. I'm glad he feels comfortable enough to tell me. He doesn't even know how much he spent on it since he was also buying shots and beers for the new no longer friends. He got 4 grams of glass that is from descriptions I have read is real good (or bad) bad depending on the reader. Does anyone know about how much he spent on it? Only asking so I can tell him how expensive it cost him to feel like crap when he is coming down. Just in case he decides he wants to try it again. I have read how addictive it is. Also should I be worried about him overdosing? He took 2 lines about 2 1/2 inches long. It has been 11 hrs since he took it. He is Amped up still. No really bad symptoms as of yet. Just very talkative. Dry mouth and heart is racing. Don't want to eat but not feeling he needs to vomit. Just very pissed that he didn't get what he was told he was getting. Is his anger, border line rage a side effect of glass?

Jamieboy. I can't answer your question but I can tell you this much. I'm going through it for the first time with my son. Or rather he is going through it and I'm monitoring him. He did about 2 lines about 2 1/2 inches long. He didn't know it was glass though. He thought it was molly. He was told it was like ecstasy only better. But so far I see no sign of him coming down yet.

What country are you in Curious? We don't discuss prices here but that is several hundred dollars worth of drugs.

That sounds like a whole lot to have done. Have him eat something, or drink a smoothie or something. The anger is the drug. If he's too agitated give him some Valium or similar (just a little).

I realize this comment was from six years ago, so I apologize if this bumps an old thread, but as someone who has dabbled very rarely, only recreationally, USUALLY responsibly (and ONLY thanks to the harm-reduction information that I sought out, both preventatively and after-the-fact, in this wonderful forum) - yet who has also experienced a handful of brief but effective wake-up calls and harsh learning curves - I just wanted to put it out there that if anyone is simply wanting a friendly ear or outside perspective/input, whether you've had a hellish first-time experience or just want to talk (yes, this is a fucking long run-on sentence, but hopefully coherent ?)...

Just wanted to offer that to anyone who might be needing it. I myself have decided to kick back with a very nice new friend since yesterday night and indulge in a laid-back party-for-two for the first time since my own hellish experience a few months ago, which was my own fault, and a perfect example of a great point made by another member: tweakers love company, and you never want to surround yourself with people of a certain, blindly self-destructive mentality, when it ESPECIALLY comes to crystal.

I've made certain rules for myself that must be met before I even consider indulging so as to minimize physical, mental, and emotional risks/long-term consequences. The question I have to ask at every point is: Does the "reward" justify the risk? Nine times out of ten, fuck no.

Party Rule Number One:
Gotta have the right frame of mind, yourself. If I had been honest that last time, and acknowledged that I was still emotionally vulnerable after enduring a gut-wrenching breakup, and was seeking an ESCAPE, rather than a positive, recreational experience, I would have recognized that I was in a very reckless, negative mindset, and therefore much more likely to, what I like to call, "add stupid ON TOP of stupid". Sure enough, disaster happened, and while I sadly cannot change that, I can be overwhelmingly thankful that I at least LEARNED from it, and have little more than the ugly memory of a rough month, which is burden enough, for me.

The fact is, I'm no better than anyone. I am just as capable of making stupid, boneheaded decisions despite every advantage in life; my areas of weakness may not be as "mild" or "awful" as another's, but those are relative concepts. I'm flawed, like anyone else. Our pattern of thinking is the root of all our decisions in life, and of many problems, but also how/if we choose to solve them. Go easy on yourself when you fuck up, all of us. But make sure you dredge up some humility to take a cold look in the mirror once in a while, acknowledge your failures or shortcomings, specifically the pattern of THINKING (self-justification, rationalization, emoting instead of thinking, what-the-fuck-ever, we're all susceptible to it) that LED to those choices. And, have enough humility to acknowledge that you don't always know what's best, you don't know everything, and if one or ten people are telling you that something is a bad idea or are trying to help, listen. They care. You matter. Objectivity in this life is the only way any of us can hope to maintain sanity and truly be happy, regardless of our pasts.

Hope this offers some encouragement. Haven't posted in a while, fixing to rack out for a VERY good night's sleep, then reporting back to work in the morning, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Because COFFEE.

Love you all, enjoy in moderation and remember that tomorrow's a brand-fucking new day :)

Ugh, honestly, there's only one real discomfort that I experience, every time, that I could really do without: the damn bruxitis and subsequent canker sores/abraded tongue within the first twenty-four-hour period of any moderate binge. I hydrate generously, eat, brush my teeth as usual, suck on mints/chew gum, but inevitably, my only relief is the dwindling remainder of a 2% prescription lidocaine solution that tastes like ass.

Because, as someone with the SUPER-FUN complication of an as-yet-unspecified, congenital, immunological disorder... I get to enjoy what are known as "COMPLEX canker sores". Yeah. I couldn't tell you the last time in my life that I had a simple cold or flu. But, even something as innocuous as the occasional canker sore - that which "normal" people can shrug off as "OW, but, meh" - has its own special classification of "exponentially, painfully, multiplied suck-fest". Just for me, or so it can feel... I've yet to meet anyone else with my particular immunological "quirks".

So, I'm still up, though freshly showered and snuggled in bed next to a cute, snoring, half-naked male, whose company I have very much enjoyed. I'm eyeballing the clock to make sure I don't stay up more than another hour (not worth starting the work day with a shit night's sleep); fixing to take a second 750mg tablet of methocarbamol, about 2-3 hours after the first, given to me by the afore-mentioned nekkid man-beast. Sadly, no Xanax/somas/similarly "choice" options available, but he freely gave of his own method advance and Lyrica, plus a few hydros, without being asked...

Then "vigorously" insisted on turning me into a sweat-glistened, panting heap of quivering muscles with a thorough lovin' that went from soft-n'-sweet, to me forgetting all words in the English language other than "yes please", and his name. Pretty sure he got a standing ovation in my head. Not complaining. About anything. Ever. I don't know about y'all, but giving my body a GOOD reason to be tired, other than just being awake longer than usual, turned a potentially icky "comedown" into a damn satisfying "bedding down". Rehydration still a must, of course.

Funny. Started my rant with the pain of dry mouth and complex canker sores, and ended up distracting myself from the discomfort in my "second-wind" - a combination of mellow, bodily relaxation-bordering-on-rictus, the incessant, mental "hum" of myopic, mental focus, and the condensed expression of ideas in a flurry of thumbs screen-tapping a flood of pointlessly introspective, self-important ramblings ("deep thoughts"), and verbosely wry humorings, into existence. Admit it. We all love laughing at our own humor and sharing somewhat-tweaked-but-utterly-valid nuggets of wisdom in a supportive and indulging Internet sphere. More than canker sores, anyway.

TREAT. YO. SELF.

Okay, I'm now throwing out Parks & Recreation TV-character quotes like wisdom nuggets.

I'm going to bed. Night, y'all. LOL

Such an old post but the reason you never felt high you just wanted to sit back and smoke cigs and chill isn't because you were being antisocial but because you were focused on one thing. I'd be willing to bet you have ADD/ADHD or similar brain chemistry actions. When I smoke dope I want to crawl into bed, smoke cigarettes and watch TV.

I absolutely hate the dehydrating part, it really got me tonight with this humongous migraine which I'm counteracting with some top shelf Alaskan Thunder Kush.

My sister has been addicted to this stuff for the past year since her boyfriend got her on it.....it the most horrible thing.
She be gone be a really long time then comes home just to dry out for a week or two. Claims she done with it. Then gets right back on it. After that we don't see her for a while. Then we start the process over again.
I think she wants to get off of it but she can't get off of it. . .
And I just want to know can I get high if they do it in a room next to mine. I think my sister might have put the stuff in my drink or something. Because sometimes I feel really amped up and can't go to sleep at all.
But I wouldnt use this drug for recreation purposes becuz this stuff makes u evil. She stole my phone becuz she thought I stole her flash drive. ( which is just ridiculous since I have a job and can buy my own flash drive) she says that she found it in my jewelry box. But I vaguely remember her giving it to me. I just took it out of politeness cuz I have never used it. Point being why was she even going through my jewelry box? Here recently lost my phone....didn't know if it got lost on my accout of just being tired or just if it got stolen. Been gone for about two months. Never would have thought my sister would have taken it but some how my sister justify taking since she thought I stole her flash drive. So how I came to found out it was her that has my phone was becuz her boyfriend took pictures of his dick with my phone. And she believe that lie that I would want her boyfriend. And FYI he is a methhead and looks like one. By that I mean his looks are gone now. He looks just awful. So how good she even fall for something like that makes no since to me. Right now I can tell u that she is high and has been yelling constantly since 6pm....it 10mins till 2 AM now :( I don't know when they are going to stop yelling. I've prayed but it doesn't feel like it is working.

a flood of pointlessly introspective, self-important ramblings ("deep thoughts"), and verbosely wry humorings, into existence.

That sums up tweaker posting perfectly! You nailed it!

I'm sorry to hear about your sores...meth vapor always seemed to irritate my tongue, too, although not all that bad really. But hey, at least it sounds like you were well-serviced by some sexy slice o' beefcake, so at least there's that! ;)

My sister has been addicted to this stuff for the past year since her boyfriend got her on it.....it the most horrible thing.
She be gone be a really long time then comes home just to dry out for a week or two. Claims she done with it. Then gets right back on it. After that we don't see her for a while. Then we start the process over again.
I think she wants to get off of it but she can't get off of it. . .
And I just want to know can I get high if they do it in a room next to mine. I think my sister might have put the stuff in my drink or something. Because sometimes I feel really amped up and can't go to sleep at all.
You can't get high from someone using in the next room. I would definitely not leave any of your open beverages unattended anymore if you think she may be spiking your drink.

Dammmm. That sounds shitty danyellica. I would highly doubt your getting a contact high from it, if she is spiking your drinks with it that is fucked though! Putting something like meth in someone who has never tried or even wanted to try it in the slightest would just be evil! Although if she is a tweaker like you say she is, I highly doubt she would waste any of her meth like that. just to put it in your drink, but I don't know you or your sister so who knows maybe she did. like RPD89 said if you suspect she is spiking your drinks make sure she cant do it, keep your drink with you at all times.. Also her boyfriend sounds like a real winner! and I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible8) Hope shit gets better for you.

I did meth my first time tonight also. Just to try it. I had a different experience . It was wonderful. I started smoking out of a little glass pipe around 10 or 11pm and it is now 7am . I feel great. I felt super happy and very talkative which I like because normally I am a very shy quite girl so I like when I feel this way . I started getting really hot and sweaty but I didn't mind that either because I'm so cold all the time and I hate it lol but anyway I feel happy, energetic but not crazy hyper enough to make me not feel blah.... And I just have an over happy peaceful feeling to myself . My skin isn't itchy at all like I thought it would. Thinking of doing this once in awhile when I'm feeling down but not enough to get addicted. All in all I love this experience :D

^ Tread carefully. I don't tell anyone how to live their life or give overly dire warnings about addiction, but stimulants haven't been so great for my life generally-speaking & I'd urge caution to newcomers just starting out with this drug (methamphetamine).

Thinking of doing this once in awhile when I'm feeling down but not enough to get addicted. All in all I love this experience :D

Famous last words! Meth often starts out that way but as the feeling diminishes on repeated use, it takes on a life of its own. Be careful and cautious.

I'm glad this thread exists. I've done molly, coke, opiates -- never meth. I never liked coke cos it gave me the speed that Molly did without the enhancement of physical stimula.

Yesterday I did meth for the first time with a hookup from a pipe. I've never experienced a comedown like this before. It's awful. My bones hurt. I can't rest. I took it about 17 hours ago. I didn't sleep but did close my eyes and sort of meditate for an hour. I'm glad I found this forum cos I took a benzo, and I take a beta blocker for my chronic migraines. My heart isn't racing as badly as before. I also took ibuprofen for the soreness -- hopefully that kicks in soon. I also ate a can of unsweetened apple sauce but that was torture. It was like being a little kid forced to take nasty cough syrup.

My jaw still wants to clench but I'm trying to avoid it. I'm wondering if I should chew gum? Lower the impact on my jaw and give it something to do? I hope I avoid any migraine but if it gets particularly bad I have rizatriptan and that'll definitely help with sleeping and the migraine. I never want to do this drug again. The high isn't worth this at all.

Oh and that cold tingling like right after blood goes to a limb that's fallen asleep, this feeling is the creepiest. I can't wait to feel normal again.

Thanks for letting us vent.

My $0.02

I found this thread interesting and useful. My friend tried crystal for the first time today, alone. He's definitely no novice when it comes to drugs. Experience with all the big ones (except H and crack).

Not that he would know, but it seems to be good stuff based on several different factors. He read up on it a lot beforehand. This has always been a big part of any substance usage. Recreational or legit prescription, for that matter. It's important. More knowledge about any subject will usually help and rarely (never?) hurt.

He swallowed about a grain of rice sized piece. Kicked in pretty fast. Nothing too intense. Mostly mental effects. Definite uplift. No euphoria. Got some good work done on a project, went to wal-mart for veggies to juice. Went to another place with someone for an hour or so. Just sat and went on his phone while his friend did what they had to do. Apparently it was a nice 3 hours or so.

This is where he says it went "bad". It was like a switch flipped and he started feeling edgy and worried. A light sense of dread, perhaps. Now, like I said, it was a very small amount to begin with, and he has a lot of experience and knowledge. Not just with substances, but with generally having a good mind-body connection. Things like meditation, exercise, healthy eating, years of therapy, etc.

So it was pretty easy to weather this "bad" time, so he says. If he didn't have as much "wisdom" (hah), it could've been much worse. He might not have stayed cool and remained positive. It was a lot like the feeling he gets when he does E. Not pure mdma, but cut with something. Most likely amphetamines, he always suspected, and now is more convinced of. For a few seconds or a minute, it will turn "bad". Like he's starting to come down. But he just relaxes and lets it pass. This however, stayed. About 2 hours now.

Anyway, by this time he's home, and still has energy to burn. So he goes to back to work more on that project, which was a good way to focus on something else and get some work done at the same time. Then he decides to search for info on the "crash" and ends up at this thread. After reading it, he thought he'd write something of his own to maybe feel a bit better. He's over at the table writing with a pen and paper, but he says it's helping.

So basically what he's wondering is, "Is this seriously the comedown? Even with that small amount, maybe 20mg, is this really what it's like? Is this what heavy users feel every time?" It's not good, and with a higher dose he thinks it would be much worse. He says it's very much like coming down from E, which sucks hard. But one thing he found strange was that a lot of people here said that it's way worse than a coke comedown. I mean, it kind of is. But it's not as frantic. Like, when the coke's gone he would do anything to get more. A line would keep him going for 30-40 mins, then he would start to crash hard and take another. As for the crystal, I think he might take a bit more. But he could likely just not, in contrast to coke. Different strokes and such, he figures.

Anyway, he'll probably experiment with the rest of it since it's only a gram, and it's there. Haha. Waste not want not! He'll definitely get a lot done. But he's pretty damn sure that'll be the end of that experiment. Good God. If that's what it's like for people who are seriously hooked, he now totally understands why it's considered such an awful drug. Going into this, he had a pretty good idea of what the dosages were in mg. But he didn't know what a gram looked like in real life. Now he sees that a gram is quite a bit, relative to dosage. Obviously dosages are going to go up and become more frequent the deeper into it one gets. But it's still relatively cheap. So he feels like he now has a more complete picture of the issue. He can better understand the stereotype of an addict in a shack in the mid-west. But also the image of a well to do person in the city going to a club.

Well, this took about an hour to write. Been about 6 hours since consumption. My friend says he feels better, but still pretty sketchy. Like I said, it was his first time. But he thinks his advice would remain the same, should anyone happen to ask. Stay away. Don't start doing it because "friends" are doing it. If like my friend, you just can't help it and you need to satisfy your curiosity, be smart. Learn, start small, know yourself, be super vigilant. That is all. Thanks.

So. I smoked Crystal from 10pm on Saturday night until 2pm on Sunday. Drinking GBL also in between. And then to finish up I've deluded a little bit of meth powder in hot water and put it up my ass. Lol. Was the best high ever. And I didn't embarrass myself, cause I did everything at home. + apparently the meth powder eliminated the crystal comedown. So I was in bed by 9pm and slept like an angel. Next day at work I was fine, feeling a bit tired, but productive.

Hmmm. You do realize that crystal and meth are the same thing, right? Hence the name "crystal meth." So what you're saying is, meth eliminated the meth comedown? Of course it did! That's called "binging." Be careful not to make that a habit. It's a bad routine to be stuck in.

Jamieboy. I can't answer your question but I can tell you this much. I'm going through it for the first time with my son. Or rather he is going through it and I'm monitoring him. He did about 2 lines about 2 1/2 inches long. He didn't know it was glass though. He thought it was molly. He was told it was like ecstasy only better. But so far I see no sign of him coming down yet.

Why does it awkwardly feel like you're perfectly fine with your son doing MDMA, but genuinely concerned over meth? Evidently, you haven't done as much research on MDMA as you've recently done on glass? Granted, they are two entirely different things, and meth could probably be considered "worse" than MDMA. However, MDMA is an extremely powerful substance as well, and can be just as dangerous, if not more, when it isn't dosed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.