• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time with meth...comedown questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

obecalp

Bluelighter
I finally got a chance to try it out to see what is was all about. It was an absolute horrible experience for me and I never plan on repeating. I took about 6 good hits off a pipe and was feeling ok and then I just wanted to smoke cigs and lay back.

Never really had much of a chance to enjoy the high and it made me sort of antisocial. It was very different than a coke high-- guess I shouldn't have expected a similar high to begin with.

A few questions---How long is a usual comedown with no tolerance?

-It's been about 7 hours, What can I do to help the comedown? ok to take xanax?

When is it safe to take opiates so I don't have an interaction?

Drink lots of water, brush your teeth, get comfortable and try to eat something. I am glad in a way you are not enjoying this, as I have been plagued by this demon for many many years. You will be better off remembering how shit it really is, how it does make you paranoid and antisocial, and no it is in no way like cocaine (the comedowns are noxious compared to coke).

As for the xanax, I used that to come down off meth, its alright to do that IMO, only a small amount with no alcohol though. I think the problem is with having xanax around, it makes the comedowns go away, making living on meth easy.

So just this once, then no no to meth alright?

Im coming down like a cunt right now and have the aches and pains. Have some ibuprofen for that, if you are sore.

Almost 2 months clean then back to this fucking shit.

Get yourself a stopwatch and start it.
By the time it hits 12 hours, you'll be perfectly normal.
That is an upper bound, but I am just saying that if you are freaking out at all about perminent damage or it never ending or not being able to sleep, just know that it *will* all be normal in 12 hours.

Thanks Zephyr,

No need to worry it was one of the worst experiences for me ever. I am glad I did not enjoy either. I hate grinding my teeth. Reminds me of back when I used to get shitty coke back in high school, but much worse. My back was sore as hell so I popped 600 mg of ibuprofen. Seemed to help a little. I want to eat, just not really hungry at all so I had a protein shake instead. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow if I can get to sleep.

Guess I just wanted to try it to say I have done it. I can honestly say I would not recommend to anyone for numerous reasons. But we all have our vices and I am guilty of having my own.

Protein shakes are good shit man. Try to not get down about this, when you have addictions to other substances, and I am assuming you generally prefer coke, its easy to just give whatever else is around a go.

Been there, done that. Hoovered my way through a mountain of coke off and on, and comparing the two drug comedowns, meth is Goliath and coke is David. So no wonder you are suffering. Meth is highly highly addictive as within a day, you'll be remembering the buzz and forgetting the comedown. Its how it hooks you in man. So just remember, it sucks ass and dont go near it!

<3

Good comparison with the David and Goliath.

I've spent thousands on that shit, but that was a long time ago. I loved coke-- that was the problem. I knew it was something I couldn't do on a recreational basis so I had to give it up. I guess part of me was hoping to relive that high with meth; didn't work. I haven't used coke in 7 years and I still remember the high just like you said. I miss the high but I don't miss feeding my addiction instead of paying my bills.

Addiction takes the fun out of using IMO. I use opiates on a regular basis, but I know to keep myself in check. It might be an addiction in some peoples opinions, but I can go months without if I need to and I would like to keep it that way.

the high from meth generally lasts for 4-16 hours but the first time you take it it could last for almost a day.... the first time i did meth i was high for almost an entire day and then crashed the worst i've ever crashed. if you haven't started coming down yet, you've got some fun ahead of you. xanax is great, tho; never makes me fall asleep but it will slow your thundering heart down (the only thing i hate about the actual high of meth). i've never used it when i was crashing, but weed helps me when i crash... takes the edge off and makes me a bit tired.
to me meth and coke don't compare. i used to love coke and if i go off meth for a while i like it again, but as soon as i start meth again i could give a shit about coke.
but glad for you you didn't like it. i've been in bed for the past six hours because of this shit, stay away...

Last edited:
Yeah, xanax is a good help when coming down ime.

I fucking hate a meth come down, god they are fucking death on a plate.

Feeling like shit today. I don't understand why I didn't get high-- I just seemed to get all the negative comedown effects. Does meth hit the same receptors as synthetic opiates?

meth is the farthest from an opiate you can get.....
most likely, you were high, you just didn't realize it. sometime i don't realize how i high i actually am, and i've sat with tweakers smoking for hours complaining they're not high when they look tweaked out of their minds. if you don't know what to look for it can decieve you. were you grinding your teeth, heart racing, not hungry at all, feeling pretty good about yourself, talking like crazy, not able to lie down and close your eyes, feeling like you could do anything, everything was going to work out, totally energetic? did you end up talking to someone for hours and feel like you had the greatest connection ever? any mixture of those and yeah, you were high.

learn from this and quit while you're ahead. ive never tried meth, and never will, but i know it can destroy people. it can ruin your looks and health, and turn you into someone who you dont want to be. you'll be alright as long as you steer away from that nonsense.

The euphoric buzzy feeling that stimulants give differ between chemicals. 4-MAR, which is real ice, is the strongest, most euphoric rush to get- somewhat akin to smoking a mix of crystal MDMA and crystal meth. Boring old speed is akin to caffeine IMO, or shitty coke.

The energetic "must get up and do things now" feeling along with its paranoia, sweats and jittery trembles does feel more like a high that ice at times, as the heart rate accellerates quicker and a hell of a lot more for some reason.

But ice lasts much longer than any other stim. If your heart rate was accelerated by it in the same way as with speed, it would be definate heart attack central for you. It does increase your adrenalin production and heart rate but over an extended period, rather than a spike at the beginning.

I was having so much 4-MAR at one point in my life that just having one toke a day was making me incredibly sick as the level of the drug had built up so much that even the smallest amount sent me physically and mentally in decline.

Im a drug addict, so this shit happens I still wanted it 8).

You were high, it was just different. It will take longer to come out of your system.

I think addiction to ice is formed by staving off the comedown rather than the actual high. Once you have it daily, you are eventually going to be completely fucked up, and more fucked up than you can possibly handle on your own.

Avoid this drug. When on it, people want company. Avoid these people.

That is all.

i tried meth once.

i did two small bumps and was up for 30 hours.

i've done my fair share of substances but the comedown from meth was easily the worst ever- even with such a small dose.

i was emotionally devastated when i came down. seriously, if at the time i owned a gun, i would of ended it.

never again.

I went to a party two days ago with my room mate and brother. We all got drunk and sat around talking while music was blasting. We had never been to this person's house so I had no clue what was going on when the other ten guest pulled these odd looking pipes out and started smoking white stuff in them. My friend clued me in on what it was and me(after six shots of vodka, four beers, and three cups of rum) asked if I could try some. At first I felt really good, became incredible social, started hitting on girls at the party(some of witch where only thirteen. What the fuck where they doing there!) then stated talking about some crazy shit that I cant believe I said. After about three hours though, started the wort pain I've ever been in. For sixteen hours I couldn't sleep or eat even though I was tireder then I had ever been before and after the first three hours I started to feel hungrier then I had ever been before. Everything I eat I immediately throw back up. I felt incredible depressed and like I was going to vomit at any moment. When I finally did fall asleep I slept for fourteen hours and did a web search to see when I would start felling like my self again(how I found this forum) I completely agree with the OP meth is the worst experience of my entire life.

I never seen what the big deal is with crystal. I just don't see the fun in taking a drug that makes you stay up forever unless you have some serious shit to do that day lol To each their own I guess...

I'm a recovering heroin addict...and when I was using my roommate was a meth head. Talk about bad combo...they haven't slept in a week and they are screaming at you they think the cops are comming to get them, and your just tryin to get your nod on in the corner lol Fucking insanity!

terrible.

I went to a party two days ago with my room mate and brother. We all got drunk and sat around talking while music was blasting. We had never been to this person's house so I had no clue what was going on when the other ten guest pulled these odd looking pipes out and started smoking white stuff in them. My friend clued me in on what it was and me(after six shots of vodka, four beers, and three cups of rum) asked if I could try some. At first I felt really good, became incredible social, started hitting on girls at the party(some of witch where only thirteen. What the fuck where they doing there!) then stated talking about some crazy shit that I cant believe I said. After about three hours though, started the wort pain I've ever been in. For sixteen hours I couldn't sleep or eat even though I was tireder then I had ever been before and after the first three hours I started to feel hungrier then I had ever been before. Everything I eat I immediately throw back up. I felt incredible depressed and like I was going to vomit at any moment. When I finally did fall asleep I slept for fourteen hours and did a web search to see when I would start felling like my self again(how I found this forum) I completely agree with the OP meth is the worst experience of my entire life.

dear sweet mother of jesus, your first meth experience sounded exactly like mine pretty much piece by piece. I thought I was taking a pure ecstasy pill from my idiot friend and it ended up being a Meth bomb. worst fucking experience of my life, not only physically and psychologically, but also because the things i said to people that know me and the way i ended up acting that night was embarrassing as fucking hell. oh, and ended up in the ER too btw. not cool.

ccan we talk about it? :( or actually, is anyone open to talking? I feel like i need to talk to someone thats been through this just to make me feel better about this whole shit situation that went down the drain. nobody to talk to about it and i feel like i have no support to get out of this shit mental state whenever i think back on it, its always in the back of my mind since then (few weeks ago).

thanks for sharing too btw

Hey Keo, glad you found us here :)
Sorry to hear of your nasty meth experience, but it's probably for the best because now you know you'll never touch meth again, which is always a good thing!

neffyiffy, of course you can talk about it here! That's what we're here for! :) <3
Feel free to post about it in here, or in the Meth/Amps megathread.

I had the same effects my first time using meth. But for some reason I tried it 5 more times, even though I thoroughly disliked it. Be careful. Nastily addictive.

I never seen what the big deal is with crystal. I just don't see the fun in taking a drug that makes you stay up forever unless you have some serious shit to do that day lol To each their own I guess...

It doesn't just keep you awake. It makes you feel confident, super productive, and on top of the fucking world! :)

But on the other hand, it will seriously mess up your physical and mental health, and ruin your life if you become addicted. :\

Last edited:
Anywhere from a few hours to days, turn around though, don't use speed again.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.