• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone + Alcohol - how much is safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatashiWa

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new here and I know this subject has been covered, but I wanted some more acute discussion. Anyway, I have a bad habit of drinking with oxycodone. I am familiar with the dangers such as respitory depression, but my drinking is very light. I usually take between 30-50 mgs. of oxycodone and I only drink beer, no liquor. I may drink anywhere from 4 to 8 beers with oxycodone and just wanted to know if I am safe or am I flirting with danger. I have been doing this on and off for a couple years and once I actually parachuted 2 OC 20's and drank a whole bottle of wine with no real trouble. Please don't say things like, "Well you obviously know your own tolerance" or something, I just want to know if you guys do anything similar and if this is safe. BTW - I usually take the oxycodone and drink the beer on an empty stomach to maximize the effects. Please let me know what you guys think and go easy on me - I'm a n00b to this forum (but not to oxycodone).

Oh yea - I forgot to mention that the form of oxycodone can vary and unfortunately I do drink with percs sometimes (APAP). I know about liver damage, but is it safe to take only 3 or 4 10/325's and drink about 6 beers?

**Look, I know you all may think this is boring compared to people blasting 160 OC's and such, but I really would like to discuss this with someone, anyone who drinks and takes oxycodone, so any comments or discussion would be nice...

Last edited:
it's not safe at all to take APAP and alcohol at the same time. i would go get blood work done to check your liver enzyme levels. you may have been doing some serious damage.

1000mg of APAP and 6 beers is not a safe combo!

Shit, I was hoping for better news. I have been doing this a few times every month (not daily) for a few months and recently had full blood work done (though I don't know if they checked my liver) and everything was fine. Could doing this occasionally for just a couple months seriously do permanent liver damage. I didn't think so as I read from a medical site that a safe daily dose of APAP is 4000mg and it is 2000mg for someone who has more than 2 drinks everyday. By this logic, I should be fine -- any other opinions?

Over time, drinking while taking something with Acetaminophen in it can damage your liver. Doing it sporadically for only a few months isn't going to permanently damage your liver.

I also may have exaggerated a bit - if I take 3 10/325's (about 1000mg of APAP) I will have a max of maybe 4 beers and it is usually over a couple hours. Is this seriously that bad if I stop the habit? Please respond as now I'm worried...

Also, this isn't a daily habit, but maybe every other day every other month

Every other day is a lot different from "a few times every month." Regardless, you should be ok. If you're that worried about it you could go to your Doctor and request a blood test.

Chill out dude, take your oxy with some non-alcoholic drink and when you start to feel it drink your beer, you will feel when its enough... shit like this is so obvious for me anyways...

That amount of oxy and some beer wont kill you, i know im not very harm reducing but this wont kill you, just dont throw another CNS depressant in the mix like a benzo.. then maybe we are getting close to dangerous..

Sry if my sentances are fucked up im on diazepam, nitrazepam and irish whiskey :D

Thanks for the comments and the piece of mind, GenericMind. I am not worried about respirory depression as I know my limits, I'm just worried about the fucking APAP but I'll chill out and hopefully it'll be ok. Would it be ok to replace the alcohol with a .5 mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) and would that increase the oxy high and be safer than alcohol?

How much APAP is Ok (no alcohol)

Thanks - it is safe to take 3 of the 10/325's with NO alcohol right? I mean, taking 1000mg of APAP isn't enough to warrant a cold water extraction right? I mean housewives pop 3 max strength tylenols all the time, so 3 or 4 of the percs shouldn't be a big deal right?

Last edited:
The APAP can be removed by extracting the opiod with cold water. Search for cold water extraction and give your liver a break.

BUT that doesn't make it safe to take a bunch of oxy (APAP or no) and get shitfaced.

Thanks - it is safe to take 3 of the 10/325's with NO alcohol right? I mean, taking 1000mg of APAP isn't enough to warrant a cold water extraction right? I mean housewives pop 3 max strength tylenols all the time, so 3 or 4 of the percs shouldn't be a big deal right?

Yes.

I'm moving this to Basic Drug Discussion.

I don't enjoy opiates and alcohol, disregarding the dangers, it isn't a euphoric combo for me. Opiates alone are better IMHO.

GenericMind - Do you mean yes as in yes, 3 or 4 10/325's is safe? Like a single dose of 1000-1300mg of APAP with no alcohol is safe? Sorry to nag, but I kinda wanted to know ASAP (not APAP, lol, sorry bad pun)

the maximum safe dose of APAP is 4000mg a day in standard medical practice

but that is without alcohol. i also do not like the feeling of opiates mixed with alcohol. please be careful, two kids i went to high school with died after a night of drinking and oxy.

Why dont you try smoking some weed with your oxys if you wanna enhance the effects?? If I mix any other drug with an opiate, my choice is some good ol' mary jane. =D

Thanks for the comments and the piece of mind, GenericMind. I am not worried about respirory depression as I know my limits, I'm just worried about the fucking APAP but I'll chill out and hopefully it'll be ok. Would it be ok to replace the alcohol with a .5 mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) and would that increase the oxy high and be safer than alcohol?

I mixed 20mg of oxy with klonopin once, and boy was I disappointed.
Could barely feel the oxy. Took about 2-4mg of klonopin too.

If you don't already know this, fatty food is the BEST potentiator there is for oxycodone. It will potentiate your dose by something like 20-30%

It is a common misconception that white grapefruit juice is a good potentiator of oxycodone, but theoretically white grapefruit juice will only potentiate oxycodone by about 5%

Status
Not open for further replies.