• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sublingual Klonopin

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
I took 4mg klonopin over an hour ago sublingually and it still hasnt kicked in. This happened a few weeks ago and I took 4 more mg and itall hit me hard at once.. Why does it take so long to hit my sublingualy? Would I be better off taking them orally from now on?

I just like taking them sublingually because of the sugar taste with mint.

Sham-wow!

alot has to do with if you had a full stomach or not ive notices klonopins with barely work if i had eatin within the last 2-3 hours...and i tend to instead of dissolving them under my tongue i break them all in half or quarters and gulp them all down at once and it hits your harder

alot has to do with if you had a full stomach or not ive notices klonopins with barely work if i had eatin within the last 2-3 hours...and i tend to instead of dissolving them under my tongue i break them all in half or quarters and gulp them all down at once and it hits your harder

Thats no big surprise if you've got a full stomach 8)

i dont think they even work sublingually, it will probably take just as long as eating them would

The only way I take them is sublingually...Like the OP said the mint/sugar taste is awesome to me. And it always works. It has never failed.

I also prefer to take clonazepam sublingually. Assuming the clonazepam is actually being absorbed under your tongue, it should cause you to peak faster than taking the drug orally. It's just that clonazepam is a long acting drug. Clonazaepam also has an active metabolite, so bypassing first pass metabolism might actually cause a longer onset. Since clonazepam is psychoactive on it's own I don't think taking it sublingually is a bad idea.

Yeah skipping the first metabolism would cause a longer onset. I read that somewhere and I will post the source ASA i can find it. Nice info as always Sonic.

How long do you guys keep your kpin under your tongue for? Im thinking at least 30mins - 45mins..

I am about to sublingual a klonopin (2mg) pill, but im gonna crush it into a powder 1st then slide the powder under my tongue. That way it may absorb a little bit better/faster!

But Do you guys really think or know if klonopin pills (the minty ones) that are not made to be taken sublingually actually still work when taken sublingual?

Last edited:
Clonazepam has never worked for me, whereas every other benzodiazepine I have tried works very well.

Maybe 4mg of clonazepam isn't working for you because of your tolerance, environmental tolerance, sensitivity, etc?

I'd try switching benzos, unless clonazepam is specifically the best benzo for your issues.

If I took suboxone and fell asleep with it in my mouth (while I have cotton mouth) then maybe it'll take 45 minutes for it to dissolve.

If you sublingually dose something, it should be absorbed within the first few minutes.

Sublingual ativan rocks. The generic 1mg pills are so tiny that there's barely any taste of pill left.

I took 4mg klonopin over an hour ago sublingually and it still hasnt kicked in. This happened a few weeks ago and I took 4 more mg and itall hit me hard at once.. Why does it take so long to hit my sublingualy? Would I be better off taking them orally from now on?

I just like taking them sublingually because of the sugar taste with mint.

Sham-wow!

clonazepam has a pretty fast onset which isn't even affected by ingestion of food. in fact a high fat meal one hour before dosing will make you 'feel' the clonazepam more in most cases.

the case with you is your body doesn't process clonazepam as quickly as, say, my body does, so you have to wait longer.

reports on taking clonazepam SL vs PO vary. i've not noticed a difference of great significance. i'd say just swallow and forget about it.

and remember, .25 to .5 mg of clonazepam will usually provide a greater anxiolytic effect than higher doses. try it, you'll see.

So you think taking the Kpins that are not made to be taken sublingually are able to be taken subL. anyway and still work fast?

I just got done dissolving 2mgs of klonopin under my tongue and i guess i feel the benzo high. It did seem to kick in faster thats for sure.

I don't think it, I know it. Even the non-SL ones dissolve very fast. And kick in faster as well.

there are no sublingual formulations of clonazepam...

there's orally disintegrating formulations ....these formulations all have the same onset period, give or take a minute.

^ Yeah, good call. Its ativan that comes in SL form. The klonopin is "rapidly disintegrating" or something like that

i dont think they even work sublingually, it will probably take just as long as eating them would

yeah ur right, taking klonapin isnt prescribed to some people sublingually....

not

there are no sublingual formulations of clonazepam...

there's orally disintegrating formulations ....these formulations all have the same onset period, give or take a minute.

the "orally disintegrating formulations" ur talking about are meant to be placed under your tounge...i get prescribed sublingual klonapin 1.0mgs

u can take them orally-by sucking on them-(they taste delicious)

or u can put it under your tounge

^ Interesting.. Under your tongue would be more efficient. You want it to hit those mucus membranes and bypass first-pass metabolism and increase peak-plasma concentrations.

If you just have a regular clonazepam pill and want to take it sublingually and are looking for maximum absorption, my recommendation is to crush it up, put it under your tongue and squirt a little ethanol under your tongue as well. Or make a solution to begin with, whatever is easier for you. This way you don't have to hold the clonaezpam under your tongue as long for it to be dissolved. It does make it a little easier for the liquid to run instead of the powder just kind of sticking.. There are pros and cons to this method. Pros = faster, harder onset, Cons = harder to do, burns your mouth, taking anything sublingually won't last quite as long as oral administration.
From what I've read, other solvents can work too. This applies to most if not all benzos.