• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sublingual Klonopin

minty

Im on 3 mg kpins a day (the generic green ones) and i think putting them under my tounge and letting them sit there for 3-5 minutes is just right. I feel it EVERYTIME and ive been taking these things for a long timem but what works for one may not work for all.

I dont know why its not hitting you quickly but I would always take benzo's sublingually. Benzo's and methadone should always be taken sublingually IMO(unless you shoot it I guess).

if I take my 2mg klonopin on an empty tummy. . followed by Panda Express.. The klonopin works SO much better. Im not even kidding.

I was reading some evidence about fat absorbtion yada yada ada

As someone who is prescribed 4mg of kpins a day i think the sub lingual thing is BS. If it does work for some people, I would say it is placebo effect. I even was once prescribed the ones dedicated to being SB, the ones that are shaped like K's. They didn't make even the slightest difference.

I've been scripted 1mg a day kpin for well over a year now. I switch between the ODT tabs and the regular oral ones. .5-1mg certainly helps with anxiety. I just prefer to dose 2-4mg sublingually when abusing them because they do kick in faster (I'd know if it was placebo by now) and they stay fresh in their little blister packs, rather than sitting openly in my pillbox. Plus they taste delicious and have much less binder <3

not that i wasn't gonna find the best way regardless, but even my dr said take your clonazepam SL if you need it to hit fast ...

I've got 1mg klonopin, and 10 mg valium....neither is quite like xanax, valium seems to put me out, not mess me up, and taking klonopin does nothing...even if i take 3 of them. ideas?

btw: i also take oxys daily, probably around 200mg of roxys or oxys....so...the benzos should be even stronger? i don't get it, whats going on here?

I always chew my Klonopin, I find it kicks in faster, and as many others have mentioned, it tastes minty and not bad as far as pills go.In fact, I chew all my benzo's as they kick in faster and harder, with the exception of xanax as that stuff tastes like absolute CRAP. I know many others who do this as well. SL I have never tried with anything besides suboxones. As for the guy who said they should be shot, BAD idea. Unless you steal the liquified ativan that is designed to be iv'd, then go ahead.

Clonazepam has never worked for me, whereas every other benzodiazepine I have tried works very well.

Maybe 4mg of clonazepam isn't working for you because of your tolerance, environmental tolerance, sensitivity, etc?

I'd try switching benzos, unless clonazepam is specifically the best benzo for your issues.

thats good for you

Clonazepam has a half life of about 18-50 hours.

I take my pills sublingually, usually for about 30-60 minutes to kick start my awful day. It don't help me with anxiety anymore.

Except I find that whenever I take it sublingually, it like fucking grips on to my teeth and doesn't stay where it should be. And so, I'm swallow (cum) it all up eventually.

yes sublingual k pin is ok all the pills will dissolve some are made for subingual some arnt but will work i jus swallow them and do sublingual sometimes i am right now i have a 1 mg 1 under tounge

generally speaking, its normal to expect a klonopin to take effect within 30mins to over an hour period of time, however with a duration of 8-12hrs....longer the half life, longer it takes for a drug to take effect, verse xanax where on an empty stomach within 5mins the relief hits, however within 3-4hrs it wears off..i noticed as i been on klonopin for over a year now, i feel the effects within 15mins...it hits me like xanax oddly

How long do you guys keep your kpin under your tongue for? Im thinking at least 30mins - 45mins..

I am about to sublingual a klonopin (2mg) pill, but im gonna crush it into a powder 1st then slide the powder under my tongue. That way it may absorb a little bit better/faster!

But Do you guys really think or know if klonopin pills (the minty ones) that are not made to be taken sublingually actually still work when taken sublingual?

Klonopin dissolves fast for me. It takes maybe 2-3 minutes max.

can u tel me how to calculate dose for sublingual drug...like if the dose of any drug is 100mg orally then what will be the dose when given via sublingual route..???

^It depends on the drug. For many drugs (not all), the dose is about the same.

blarg. i just popped a generic 1mg clonazepam under my tongue 13 mins ago and it STILL hasn't dissolved (although we're getting close). this is the second time using it sublingually and i can say it *might* kick in a bit faster. however, i've already had 3mg orally over the past two hours so we'll see.

i have scripts for both the 1mg generic green pills and the 0.25mg orally disintigrating tablets. i looooove the latter pills. they are so yummy! they're actually meant to be dissolved BETWEEN the tongue and the roof of the mouth. but i would think they'd be perfect sublingually. will have to try it next time. i will say that the oral disintigrating tablets work much much faster than the hard pills. if i take a 1mg dose of either, i will always feel anxiety relief much faster with the ODT.

but as for the taste of the generics, has anyone noticed a localized numbing sensation when they are used sublingually? i get the sweet and minty tastes. but also get a cold, numb feeling. curious if i'm the only one.

that's it for now. pill is dissolved. took 20 mins and now i'm left with a mouth full of cold minty saliva. yum.

love and thanks all!
pickle

That is really cool that I posted this in 09 and am still getting feedback. Damn I love BL. I don't even take benzos anymore. Can't do it. They make me fucking CRAZY. All my charges are benzo related, and boy I gotta list.

Life without benzos is great.

^^I agree 100%. Life's great without benzo's. I take them sometimes, but not in the way that i was used to(maaaany of them..)8 (. By the way, i think that k-pins works sublingual just fine.%)

MartinFn