• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Courier-Mail - 5/01/09 'Baby in intensive care after suspected Ecstasy dose'

They have images on file that they just pull out whenever they talk about particular drugs. The same image was used when that big patch of biege mitsis was out in Perth.

It's actually very dangerous IMO, people will think it is pictures of the actual batch.

yeah I should have put filephoto under it ... they do this all the time ...

This happens alot with pills being left around and kids take them ... its just so fucked up.

If that lil kid was a member of my family then I would have punched out the father.

all these types of drugs should be kept very well hidden and away from children.

I remember few months back same thing happened couple suburbs away parents were selling pills and one ended up underneath the kitchen table and their child ate it.

childs ok .. but still .. if we can die from taking to much mdxx then whats one pill going to do to a child that weighs 15 kilos ?

all you parents out there take notice ...

hope these twits have learned their lesson

something like this would really ruin MDMA I think for all concerned. you'd think

Meh. I disagree Chemi - I think it's a bit outlandish to expect the media to take a new pic of each exact batch - people should take a lot more personal responsibility. If you're going to take pills, which I presume a vast number of people on this board do, including myself, then you should educate yourself as to what you're eating via testing/HR sites/reputable sources of info...

It's not like they were laced or anything in which case it might be suitable to do so

But yeah, honestly, you'd have to be a f**k-up of a parent to let this happen, throw them away for a year at least... Christ knows what damage that's done to their 10 week old. Very sad.

Poor baby, I hope she doesn't suffer any long-term damage/ramifications, which sadly she probably will.

IMO the most vital/important aspect of drug-use besides being educated is using at an appropriate age. Ecstasy is NO good for a developing brain let alone a 10 week old child, the parents are completely retarded and careless for allowing this to happen.

Very sad indeed.

Meh. I disagree Chemi - I think it's a bit outlandish to expect the media to take a new pic of each exact batch - people should take a lot more personal responsibility. If you're going to take pills, which I presume a vast number of people on this board do, including myself, then you should educate yourself as to what you're eating via testing/HR sites/reputable sources of info...

It's not like they were laced or anything in which case it might be suitable to do so

But yeah, honestly, you'd have to be a f**k-up of a parent to let this happen, throw them away for a year at least... Christ knows what damage that's done to their 10 week old. Very sad.

I don't expect the media to take a picture of each batch, I just don't think they should show pictures of any pills. Pictures of drugs catch attention, that's why they use them.

Of course I research my pills as much as possible, hence why I am on an HR discussion board, but there are people out there who don't know a thing.

Yes the kid probably will suffer even-lasting problems :( so horrible that a life can be so brutally affected in such a stupidly easy-to-avoid way...

Ecstasy baby couple expecting another child

0,,7250341,00.jpg

Peter Michael

December 03, 2009 11:00pm

A FORMER star Australian Rules footballer and his partner who fed ecstasy to a 10-week-old baby are set to bring another life into the world but believe they have become "better parents" in a public shaming.

The Victorian couple admit they nearly killed the little girl, now aged one, when they gave her half an ecstasy tablet during New Year's celebrations in Cairns.

The father, 25, a top country footballer in Victoria, and mother, 23, a childcare worker, yesterday pleaded guilty in Cairns Supreme Court to charges of grievous bodily harm and drug possession.

Justice Stanley Jones, who ordered the pair cannot be named under Queensland law, sentenced them to six months' jail wholly suspended.

"I suspect you have beaten yourselves up much more than I could or would want to," Justice Jones said.

"You have to deal with your own guilt and shame, with the gossip, stares, and negativity."

The young couple, who did not speak publicly, looked relieved as they walked free from court hand-in-hand.

In a letter partly read out by the judge, the pair told of their deep regret.

"The only good thing to come out of this is that we have become better parents," the couple wrote.

"Our girl is our world. And we are more vigilant than ever. Every day we know how lucky we are to have her."

They are expecting their second child, due in February.

DPP prosecutor Jodie Woodridge told the court the parents had been playing "a game of Russian roulette" when they stashed the illicit party pill with the baby's reflux medication. The father unwittingly gave the half pill to the baby, the court heard.

The couple realised their mistake when the infant began suffering seizures, causing her heart to stop.

"It was more good luck than good management each time the correct medication was given," Ms Woodridge said. Ambulance paramedics resuscitated the girl before taking her to Cairns Base Hospital where she was immediately put in an induced coma and treated in intensive care.

The court was told without treatment the child would have likely died or suffered brain damage.

Defence barrister Jim Henry said the parents had sworn off drugs and undergone drug testing and parenting counselling with twice weekly visits from parenting experts.

Outside court, the couple's lawyers read from a statement saying: "They deeply regret this terrible accident ever happened. They are eternally grateful to emergency service staff in Cairns including the ambulance crew and Cairns Base Hospital.

"They are now looking forward to getting on with their lives."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,1,26437792-952,00.html

I still say the dad needs a good flogging ... and the judge should have ordered regualr drug testing because these parents still take drugs.

Who the hell stores illicit pills in the same case as their infant's medication?

Seriously, you have to have have the common sense of an orangutan to do something as stupid as that.

BS the parents don't take drugs anymore, clearly they are far too irresponsible to care for an infant and take drugs recreationally. Mandatory regular testing!

Totally agree kingpin.

Thats fucked, putting drugs in with their infant medication. The judge sure went light on these two, they deserved a lot worse imho.

They made a stupid mistake but I don't believe they honestly intended to hurt the kid. What would throwing one or both of them in jail achieve? Kids growing up without their parents would be a worse outcome imo.

They made a stupid mistake but I don't believe they honestly intended to hurt the kid. What would throwing one or both of them in jail achieve? Kids growing up without their parents would be a worse outcome imo.

Of course it wasn't intended. But it was a MASSIVE misjudgement to put them in the same case as the kid's baby pills. It was only a matter of time really.......

Wow guys, firstly, is there a possibility that this was one of those situations where the mother had the ecstasy tablet in her possession and stupidly placed it in the infant's medication bottle to hide from LE or because it was the only safe place she had in her handbag ( a likely scenario).

The mother could have forgotten all about the pill, came home a few hours later, put her handbag down, asked (demanded :p ) her husband to give the infant the medication. He then pops out a pill and breaks off half for his child.

The article didn't really give too much away...but if the parents DID administer the pill with full knowledge of the circumstances then they deserve far more than what was given to them.

If it was indeed an innocent accident, they should be ashamed for being so irresponsible, but if this was the case I'm pretty sure the anguish of nearly killing your child is enough for them.

yeah I read about them expecting another child

young couple... 23 & 25... pretty believable circumstance

I hope for the unborn child's sake that the mother has at least cleaned her act up :\

Wow guys, firstly, is there a possibility that this was one of those situations where the mother had the ecstasy tablet in her possession and stupidly placed it in the infant's medication bottle to hide from LE or because it was the only safe place she had in her handbag ( a likely scenario).

The mother could have forgotten all about the pill, came home a few hours later, put her handbag down, asked (demanded :p ) her husband to give the infant the medication. He then pops out a pill and breaks off half for his child.

The article didn't really give too much away...but if the parents DID administer the pill with full knowledge of the circumstances then they deserve far more than what was given to them.

If it was indeed an innocent accident, they should be ashamed for being so irresponsible, but if this was the case I'm pretty sure the anguish of nearly killing your child is enough for them.

You really don't think it's ridiculous that these parents don't take absolute 100% precaution to make sure this doesn't happen?

It really just amazes me that people can be so stupid

wow pretty fucked up, I don't think the parents would on purpose feed her MDMA probably cut with ket or meth. But yeh you can't just leave drugs around the house for 2 month old to eat.