• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Condensing Suboxone (Non-specific extraction)

Going back to the topic.

I think its very hard to extract/isolate Bup from suboxone. Using the different water solubility won't work.

I do remember reading on the monograph about naloxone dissolving in highly basic solutions.

From my little experience. You need to find a solvent that one dissolves in and the other does not.

Even if you were to carry this out correctly. The yield is questionable and probably low. You will never 100% isolate naloxone. I think it you had a shit load of suboxone then it would be nice to extract it.

Also, unless you are planning to inject suboxone. There is no point what so ever to remove naloxone component. Even having naloxone in the combination product does very little once injected. (Non-opioid addict, no other full agonists, low tolerance)

It very powerful if injected by a non-dependence or regular opioid user. wink wink ;)

I also just read that bupe solubility in alcohol is 47mg/ml. Thats a lot.

What if one where to disolve a pill in a mixture of everclear and H20 and put in the freezer in a shotglass.

Would the water freeze at the bottom, trapping most of the binders and fillers, leaving the bupe to absorb into the alcohol level, or would the low temp lower solubility that much.

How would the bupe disperse itself thruout that solultion as it freezes. Maybe doing this process a couple of times, each time collecting the alcohol?

Does this make sense.

when you mix water with alcohol it creates a mixture called an aziotrope (spelling?) which doesnt separate easily. the freeze thing might work for most of the water, but you need some large expensive equipment to get the last 5% of the water. thats why the purest ethyl alcohol you can buy at the liquor store is 190 proof (95% ). The manufacturer figures you wont pay the extra cost of separating the last of the water

Try using a solvent that DOESNT dissolve bupe (toluene or naptha should work) and crush your pill up in that. Then separate and dry the solids. The solvent is bound to remove something, thereby shrinking the mass containing the bupe. Just make sure you completely dry the solids.

was just looking at the Wikipedia info on bupe... says sublingual tabs have 35-40% oral avail, ethanolic sublingual is 40-50% (drop or three of 151 rum would work), and snorting is 50-60%.........so i guess snorting IS better

I also noticed that bupe is prepared as a hydrochloride...so its a candidate for an acid-base extraction....but since I didnt take organic chemistry I wouldnt know enough to tell you how. rhodiums chemistry page tells how. The a-b extraction should get rid of pretty much everything i think.

Make a liquid preparation.

I suggest a liquid preparation.

You will need:
1) Suboxone tablets
2) Oral medicine syringe
3) Small glass resealable bottle (essential oil bottles work well)
4) distilled water
5) Alcohol (the kind used in liquid medicine preparations)
6) best filter you can find (syringe micron is best, followed by lab micron, cotton in the syringe...)

Step 1:

Crush up your desired amount of Suboxone tablets, I suggest a weeks worth of doses at a time, so for you @ 4mg a day that would be 28mg or 3 and a half 8mg tablets.

Using the oral syringe, carefully measure out an amount of distilled water*

*The amount of water you use is up to you, I suggest making a preparation so that each ml contains one daily dose but remember you will be adding alcohol later, so for you that would be 6 ml of water into 28mg Suboxone leaving you with 4mg buprenorphine per ml solution after the 1ml alcohol is added later, bringing you to 7ml water.*

The only problem is that this may not be enough water for all that powder, if that's the case, then you can use 13ml water (14ml-the 1ml for alcohol).

Step 2:

Lets assume you use 13ml. After heating the distilled water so that its "hot" to the touch, mix the powder and 13ml of water (measured accurately with the syringe) in a shot glass or something similar. Mix until it looks like its completely dissolved, and let cool to room temperature, then put it in the fridge for half an hour.

Step 3:

Take the solution out of the fridge and stir it a little. Now its time to filter. If you have a micron syringe wheel filter that's the best but really its overkill. What I did is backload some cotton into the syringe, use the plunger to cram it down towards the tip, and draw up some water and squirt it back out to wet and "wash" the cotton. After this, draw up your solution through the cotton and then carefully remove the plunger and pour the filtered solution into a new glass. Most oral syringes are 10ml so this will take 2 runs, you can use the same cotton.

Step 4:

Now that you have all your filtered solution in the new glass, its time to add the alcohol. You don't need a lot, for 13 ml water add 1ml so you are even with 14ml liquid in the end. If at this point you have lost some water in the filtration process, add enough alcohol to bring the total liquid up to 14ml exactly. The alcohol is to increase absorption and preserve the solution, so its not crucial but it does help. So anyways add the alcohol and remeasure your liquid to make sure your pretty close to 14ml (13.5-14.5 is OK).

Step 5:

Ok, so now you have a 14ml solution containing 2mg Suboxone per ml. This means every day you suck up 2ml with the syringe and squirt it under your tongue, and hold it there long enough to be absorbed (5 minutes should be plenty). This will last you a week, if the process is too time consuming, you can make bigger batches, the reason I do a week at a time is because I read somewhere that when a drug is in a liquid preparation it can sometimes lose potency faster than when in tablet form, but idk about buprenorphine. TO minimize this loss, I always store my solution in the fridge, this also inhibits bacterial growth.

POTENCY:

The potency of this solution can be upped by using less liquid. To find the most concentrated you can make it, you would need to look up the solubility of buprenorphine at room temp, it probably pretty good so you can make a highly concentrated solution, maybe 8mg per ml, but I am unsure.

This liquid solution is more powerful than the tablet form. This was proven in a study where a liquid preparation of Suboxone was used in the study and afterwords it was found that the liquid preparation was better absorbed sub-lingualy than the tablet, likely due to the alcohol and less powder, that is why I suggested it to you, it should be as powerful as nasal or rectal administration if not more.

NOTES:

This process can be improved upon, if interested you (anyone) can look up the solubility of buprenorphine, how the solubility is affected by the other compounds in the tablets and the alcohol, and if a solution of buprenorphine, water, and alcohol will last for a long time. Also I need to know what kind of alcohol is used in medicine like cough syrups. You can then either post the updates or better yet PM them to me and I will edit my post, giving credit to whoever looked up the info of course.

Warnings!

You could possibly be working with a highly flammable alcohol solution, I'm talking about the alcohol itself as the finished solution will not be flammable but if you are working with alcohol above 50% concentrated, you need to be careful with it around flames, as the vapors and liquid can both ignite. This is easy just use common sense, like don't keep an open container of 90% concentration alcohol next to the stove when you heat the water. To be extra safe use an electric stove designed for laboratory use.

real good idea

Also I need to know what kind of alcohol is used in medicine like cough syrups.

Ethyl alcohol is the right kind. Its also called Ethanol. Its the same alcohol as whats in beer, rum, vodka etc. Pure ethanol can be purchased from a chemical supply wharehouse, but if you buy ethanol ANYWHERE other than a liquor store for your liquid preparation, make sure it isnt "Denatured". Denaturing means they add something poisonous to the Ethanol so that it cant be consumed. That way noone has to pay the federal alcohol tax. The poison is usually Methyl alcohol, also called Methanol, which can blind you.:( Sometimes they use Isopropyl alcohol, or even acetone. The purest ethanol you can buy at the liquor store is 95% (190 proof). Its called "Everclear" and not all stores sell it. And Im sure they dont micron filter any of the alcohol you can buy at a liquor store. As for 100% pure ethanol, chem supply house, but it'll be expensive. I cant remember how much they wanted when I called years ago, but $65 a liter seems right.

If it was me, Id use the highest potency vodka I could find, micron filter it, then sterilize it. I say vodka because its the least fucked with liquor. Rums and whiskeys are aged in wood barrels, alot of liquors have stuff added to them after distillation (like gin). But vodka is usually bottled right out of the still almost.

I would like to suggest you go with a half ml per dose, as that cc of water would be damn hard for me not to swallow

Other than that it looks like a great idea. Good luck :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that...

Although I haven’t lost a limb, I also haven’t missed. I do know if you keep it up your circulation will diminish greatly.. Like, play the guitar and your arm will go numb in under a minute, have fun shaking it out, i do! If tracks worry you, don't go downstairs, because trying this in your legs is a bad idea. Especially smaller veins.. Your shin may not feel right/numb for weeks. If connecting can cause this.. What would missing do? Not to mention your body’s way of fighting viruses and other crap off goes way down. I'm not sure how but i know it does.. i never had an infection, now i get them every time i get a cut, even minor ones. That’s what i KNOW... I've heard missing will cause you to lose a limb.. Been pretty lucky myself.. I guess.. I've heard you get bad migraines and headaches over time.. And my friends limbs all go numb with ease now.. Scary really, hard to fall asleep when you can't sleep on your arm? Or waking up 2-3 times a night to the feeling of a dead arm and having to lift it with the other and shake it out till you start to feel SOMETHING.. Tell me this over time won't lead to a lost limb.. were just waiting for the day we wake up and can no longer shake it enough to regain feeling..

Do Not inject these.. Whatever they put in them will get you this I promise, maybe not today.. Besides don't you have enough things to stick in your arms.. Heroin itself I hear will eventually stop your heart.. Cause the fillers and crap clogs your arteries. This after many years of use though. Imagine what the fillers and crap are doing in suboxone/tex? Another scary thought, plus I’ve heard the binders never leave your blood stream. That’s how they determine if you were a junky in autopsies. Like the case where a wife slowly killed her husband by putting Klonopin in his IV, autopsy later showed he had the veins of a junky. I just pray that in time my body will be able to work it out, maybe I'm the chosen junky :D .

What of this 6/7 method? Can you use rubbing alcohol, they only mention vodka and other stronger alcohol's in the threads. Is there a big difference in rubbing, one that prevents its use?

Although I haven’t lost a limb, I also haven’t missed. I do know if you keep it up your circulation will diminish greatly.. Like, play the guitar and your arm will go numb in under a minute, have fun shaking it out, i do!

There are tons of IV using guitar players, and I doubt they are all playing with numb arms.

Not to mention your body’s way of fighting viruses and other crap off goes way down. I'm not sure how but i know it does.. i never had an infection, now i get them every time i get a cut, even minor ones. That’s what i KNOW...

Looks like you have a problem with you immune system. Have you been tested for HIV?

Heroin itself I hear will eventually stop your heart.. Cause the fillers and crap clogs your arteries. This after many years of use though. Imagine what the fillers and crap are doing in suboxone/tex? Another scary thought, plus I’ve heard the binders never leave your blood stream. That’s how they determine if you were a junky in autopsies. Like the case where a wife slowly killed her husband by putting Klonopin in his IV, autopsy later showed he had the veins of a junky. I just pray that in time my body will be able to work it out, maybe I'm the chosen junky :D .

I highly recommend looking into using micron filters. Micron filters keep those binders out of you, and are much more efficient than cotton filters. It's not that binders never leave the blood stream, it's that they build up in certain areas, and can cause problems that way. To read more about complications from shooting pills, you can check out Case Studies (It can happen to YOU).

What of this 6/7 method? Can you use rubbing alcohol, they only mention vodka and other stronger alcohol's in the threads. Is there a big difference in rubbing, one that prevents its use?

Different types of alcohol are indeed used for different purposes, and one can get extremely sick if they use the wrong one.

What happened to this thread? Did anyone read the OP? The poster specifically said that he did not care about removing or separating the naloxone.

Anyway, I have tried reducing suboxone tabs by simply doing a basic cold water extraction/filtration and the problem I had is that the resulting material was kind of gummy and sticky and did not want to dry out into a powder regardless of what I did. I am assuming that the sugars somehow absorb the water and for what ever reason retain the moisture, but I am no chemist so I really do not have a clue.

^ The thread was started over 3 years ago, and hadn't been posted in for almost two years until it was bumped yesterday. That's why I only commented on the post that was made yesterday.

Yeah, and I'm still curious about the naloxone. Taking it out would definitely condense the buprenorphine anyway so it is semi relevant

Removing the naloxone is not going to “condense” the bupe in any significant way.

When you look at the pill/strip weight to active ingredient ratio the 2mg of naloxone is insignificant in the overall scheme of things. In fact with out really good scales 2mg is almost impossible to distinguish.

Anyway I think the removal of the Naloxone from Suboxone has been beat to death in thread after thread and it has been decided that it is almost impossible without extremely specialized equipment and in the end it is pointless.

If your still interested do some searching as I know it has been discussed time and time again.

I made a thread about this the other day and the Moderator closed it because apparently a lot of people on here think that naloxone doesn't have an effect on suboxone. I agree that it does not stop you from IVing suboxone, I know this because Ive done it hundreds of times. But naloxone DEFINITELY changes the way suboxone makes you feel. If you are opiate tolerant or not opiate tolerant you can still tell the difference. If you are clean and you do some subutex you will notice that it has a considerably more euphoric feeling than suboxone does when you take it. Specifically taken IV but any way you take it there's a difference.

What I'm saying is if there's no difference then why does subutex make you feel different than suboxone? Why do people where I'm from(lots of people) pay twice as much for subutex as they do for suboxone? Why do people trade me 3 suboxone for 1 subutex if there's no difference and naloxone doesn't have an affect?

When I read posts like "naloxone has no effect on the suboxone, because bupe overpowers it".-That makes me think the person either hasn't taken a subutex before or doesn't have enough experience with both to realize the difference. Where I'm from its a well known fact that suboxone is "tainted" because of the naloxone and subutex is boss.

BOTH can still put you into a prec withdraw this is a fact. But Ive noticed if I'm withdrawing and its time to take some bupe shooting suboxone at this time will briefly give you these side effects: nauseous, hot flashes, uneasy feeling in your chest, anxiety for 10-15 mins. This IS NOT a prec withdraw, which I am very familiar with. In the same situation if I shoot subutex I will not experience these feelings. But if i take a suboxone sublingually at first then wait a couple hours till its on my receptors I will not experience these feelings. It has to be the naloxone causing this. Because if I haven't been doing anything for awhile its ok for me to shoot a suboxone and not feel like this.

I might add that I'm no newbie to bupe and have a vast amount of history with it. I have gone through the cycle of bupe to opiates back to bupe dozens of times. So this isn't something that has just happened once or twice to me. I have drawn these conclusions from years of use with this drug plus listening to the same things happen to other people I know.

I think extracting the naloxone from suboxone is an important topic and I'm convinced there has to be some way and someone out there that knows how to do it. And for all the people that don't think its worth it just keep it to yourself. It obviously is to a lot of people if the thread constantly keeps coming up.

Oh and just so everyone knows I still think suboxone does its job and is suitable for opiate withdraw and maintenance. But I KNOW that subutex has more euphoric effects and is more pleasurable and I would like to try and make suboxone this way.

That's exactly why I ask about the supposed alcohol extraction method, I've done tons of searches and found people saying that it supposedly works, but they never say whether they've shot tex before, they just say they shoot this supposed extraction and it works. For all I know their just shooting up suboxone without removing the naloxone. That's why I'm asking if anyone has any solubility ratios for naloxone and alcohol. I used to think there couldn't be a difference but I've talked to so many people who have done both and say there is, and it's really got me curious. And what I meant by saying extracting the bupe from the naloxone or the naloxone from the bupe would condense it anyway, well that is true because the resulting product would still have to be evaporated. I mean a short answere to this whole thread is basically dissolve your tablet in a mL of water and spray it out on a clean surface and evaporate it right? You'd still have the soluble binders and all but it would be much more condensed.

Extracting subs with isopropyl alcohol for IV/IM use.

The method to shoot subs is very easy just crush up half or a quarter of suboxone, put it into a spoon, take a syringe with .6 cc of isopropyl 91% alcohol and spray it in to the powder. Mix it up some and all the noloxon stays on the bottom now take your syringe and carefully suck up all the liquid alcohol with a cotton filter, making sure you don't suck up the white substance on the bottom that's the noloxon get as much of the alcohol as you can. It's Ok to leave a little bit of the liquid solution behind as you will be putting another .4 cc of isopropyl back into where you just extracted the bupe from the powder. Mix once again and suck all alcohol once again avoiding as much as the white powder on the bottom. This second extraction is used just So you get the most out of your powder. Now that you have almost a full syringe full of isopropyl bupe mix. Clean your spoon vigorously or use a different spoon so there's no noloxone and empty the solution from the syringe to the clean spoon. Once more wash out your syringe so no noloxon is in it and take another piece of cotton and suck that isopropyl Bupe back into the syringe making sure you avoid any white noloxon on the bottom. You should have almost a full cc syringe full of orange( not cloudy) alchole bupe. Now once again take a clean spoon and poor the contents of the syringe into the spoon, allow about 20 minutes for the isopropyl/ bupe solution to evaperate. Once evaperated fill your syringe again with about .7 cc of warm water and pour into the evaporated bupeand mix heating with a lighter is ok but not to the point where it bubbles. Make sure you scrape the entire contents of the spoon getting all the dried bupe with the water mixed up. Filter with cotton once and again and there you go. All my veins are f***ed from excessive black tar use so I have to IM the solution and so far havent had an abscess much less loosing an arm. The high is very euphoric and way better than sublingual. This is very much worth it for people who want a little more out of there suboxone. And don't worry if there's a little alcohol left over when drying, your body converts it to some kind of acid and wont hurt you. Hope this helps it did for me and be safe don't use dirty needles.