• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kidney problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammilton

Bluelighter
I was hoping we might have a nephrologist in the house or at least someone who's familiar with the kidneys.

I've been having some problems over the last few months that has started getting worse, but I'm not sure what it is.

1. left Kidney pain -- It's especially worse when I lay on a side (doesn't matter which) and when I get up- however, it does hurt sometimes during the day, especially if I haven't been sitting right. It's maybe a four on the pain scale.

2. Cloudy urine -- My urine is periodically very cloudy. If it were very occasional, I wouldn't worry about it, but it's not. I probably notice it about 4-5 times a week (usually is cloudy for 6-12 hours a time).

4. Brown urine -- Even despite a lot of drinking (juices, primarily), my urine comes out a really deep yellow color that's really more of a brown. This is also an itermittent thing, but happens more often than cloudy urine. I assume it's because when it's brown, I can't see the cloudy very well.

5. Difficulty urinating -- because of Suboxone, I always have some trouble urinating. Opiates have always done this to an extent, but sitting down, it takes me no more than 5 minutes to get it out. HOWEVER, when my kidney is hurting, it can take me up to 50 minutes!!

1) sounds like kidney infection, put one hand on your back (palm to back) with it centered at the angle where you lowest rib meets your spine (costovertibral angle), make a fist with the other hand and strike the back of the hand that's on your back with the fist, if it hurts when you do it, its likely an infection

2) cloudy urine is a sign of kidney or urinary tract infection

3) Brown urine (does it look like tea) is usually blood in the urine, not a good sigh

4) Don't know about this one, many different things can cause difficulty urinating.

Do you have a fever? I would highly recommend you see a doc to find out if this is a viral or bacterial kidney infection. You may have kidney stones as well. The pain and bleeding can be due to stones causing tears in the ureter as they pass from kidney to bladder, it is a very intense pain.

1. left Kidney pain -- It's especially worse when I lay on a side (doesn't matter which) and when I get up- however, it does hurt sometimes during the day, especially if I haven't been sitting right. It's maybe a four on the pain scale.

2. Cloudy urine -- My urine is periodically very cloudy. If it were very occasional, I wouldn't worry about it, but it's not. I probably notice it about 4-5 times a week (usually is cloudy for 6-12 hours a time).

4. Brown urine -- Even despite a lot of drinking (juices, primarily), my urine comes out a really deep yellow color that's really more of a brown. This is also an itermittent thing, but happens more often than cloudy urine. I assume it's because when it's brown, I can't see the cloudy very well.

5. Difficulty urinating -- because of Suboxone, I always have some trouble urinating. Opiates have always done this to an extent, but sitting down, it takes me no more than 5 minutes to get it out. HOWEVER, when my kidney is hurting, it can take me up to 50 minutes!!

Hello, I had similar troubles for many years.
It sounds to me like a UTI which has spread to your kidneys as you have not treated it.
1. Kidney pain-i presume slightly under the rib/on the back? Sign of kidney infection.
2. Cloudy Urine-sign of a UTI
3.Brown urine-Another sign of UTI/Kidney infection. Watch out for peeing out blood- that is Kidneys.
5. UTI's make it tremendously hard to urinate, it feels like a big strain on your bladder, groin & kidneys. Also frequent urination? Never feeling as though your bladder is empty? & when you do urinate only a small bit comes out?

Get to the doctor, they will prescribe you an anti-biotic. I have suffered from this for many yrs, you need to get it ASAP to combat further kidney pains.
Any Q's PM me if you wish.

If you would like advice on how to address kidney support via herbs etc let me know.

But first you must see your doctor!

A couple tips to keep the kidney's happy:

Drink plenty of water! STOP drinking Juices- they are hurting more than helping

Eat lots of leafy greens and cut the amount of protein you are consuming.

NO Alcohol - it puts strain on your liver and then puts the load on your kidneys!

Review the medications you are taking - many OTC's and prescriptions negatively impact your kidneys, liver and adrenal function. Specially NSAIDS

EAT plenty of Yogurts.

Eat soups, salads, steamed veggies, stews. They are more easily processed and assimilated by the body. CHEW well! Lower the amount of raw foods (for the time being). Fruits can be caustic and difficult for the body to break the sugars down and when the body is under stress from malfunction will not process the sugars and will leave them for the kidneys to tend to.

The exception to the above advice Cranberries & blueberries are excellent- if your digestion (stomach and upper intestinal tract) are acidic it puts less strain on your kidneys to filter.

When you see your doctor have them run a panel for calcium, often times kidney issues are a sign/symptom of calcification in the kidneys which leads to stones, and more often then not blood pressure issues.

I would also recommend having your gallbladder checked out as the infection usually progresses further (very often doctors miss this).

If you are prescribed antibiotics, I strongly recommend doing a colon cleansing and loading up on probiotics. 80% of your immune system is located in your digestion.

Guess what?

Antibiotics destroy this.

Cleanse you system. Do the master cleanse first followed by a liver cleanse.

"cleansing" isn't going to clear up a bacterial infection.

^ exactly, you need antibiotics to fight the bacteria.
if is viral (which it clearly isn't, as bacteria is what causes the UTI in the first place) it would have gone away by itself by now.
who are these people to dispute doctors methods of clearing up infection? if they prescribe antibiotics TAKE THEM they wouldn't prescribe them if they are going to destroy your immune system

It could be a urinary tract infection, but it could also be a number of other serious kidney or bladder problems including stones or nephritis. I'm not a nephrologist, but I am a doctor. Unfortunately can't tell you what's wrong over the internet though! You need to get to a doctor and get a urine test, blood test, and probably a CT of your renal tract too. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

A cleanse will clear the shit that is in you, and then the liver cleanse will pass the stones that are in you cloggin your crap from coming out and collecting putrefied shit in your digestive track. I am serious about the cleanse, and eat raw vegan foods. You do not have to try it but it is cheaper than the doctor and it might surprise you.

For those that will argue with me about the cleanse, tell me have you tried one? Do you know anyone that has successfully done a 10day cleanse? I have done both a Master cleanse for 13days and a 4day liver/kidney/gallbladder cleanse. I passed stoned the size of marbles. I have had many symptoms like the OP. I thought it was from to much drinking and drugs. I went to the doctor had many tests done and then the gave me anti depressants......I dont know why. So I stopped goin to them. Years later and many changes to my diet and health and it still happens.....till I cleansed. That is why I recommend you clean your body to help it heal properly. thats all.

I'll believe in the efficacy of a cleanse when the results are published in a hign impact peer reviewed scientific journal. I'm not saying doctors are infallable, they make mistakes just like anyone else. But what does worry me is when people follow unscientifically tested alternative medicine without understanding the risks or the human physiology involved. Just because it may have worked for you doesn't mean it can't do damage to someone else.

Case in point. Suppose someone had gall stones, If you're flushing the gall bladder there's risk of gall bladder blockage resulting in cholecystitis (gall bladder inflammation), which can lead to significant complications and pain.

The thing is that people can acheive optimal health often simply by eating well (no processed foods, cutting out illicit drugs, low salt, adequate vitamin and nutrient intake) and getting regular physical exercise and sleep.

Your body clears it's own waste on it's own (providing you aren't overloading your liver's ability to metabolize what you are putting in it). If you're going to go the alternative medicine route please discuss what you intend to do with your physician before you do it.

if they prescribe antibiotics TAKE THEM they wouldn't prescribe them if they are going to destroy your immune system

Yeah, they would. Sometimes (cancer chemotherapy) compromising a patient's immune system is worth it.

I do agree though, that if prescribed antibiotics, FFS take them.

For the folks recommending cleansings.

I dont think you all know particularly what you are talking about.

I am an apprentice Holistic Health Practitioner and when it comes to infections of organs - there is literally no fucking around.

As far as wizekrak's statement about not properly cleansing. I agree, however, I attribute poor results to a number of things. Poor products, and poor following of insturctions without the supervision of a naturopath, chiropractor, herbalist, or holistic practisioner/integrative doctor.

A lot of idiots just buy something from any old whole foods and expect it to be grand. When usually even Whole foods does not have access to Practitioner quality goods where the manufacturing process is supreme (just ask me about psyllium husk!! ahh!) .

My clients have specific instructions to properly facilitate optimum results as well as support from myself and my Boss/teacher.

Again though, always consult with a Physician to determine a potential diagnosis and then go from there with research.

PS- I believe my statement was misunderstood. TAKE the Antibiotics! HOWEVER, after the regimen do a Colon Cleansing to provide a good environment for our friendly symbiotic bacteria and take for 30-60 days a great probiotic and again the good diet.

Case in point. Suppose someone had gall stones, If you're flushing the gall bladder there's risk of gall bladder blockage resulting in cholecystitis (gall bladder inflammation), which can lead to significant complications and pain.

First read about the master cleanse. It will tell you that you will flush out and the waist that coats or sits in your digestive tract. That will clear the way for you to do a stone cleanse. Read about them. then you will understand that your statement above is from ignorance. I have done it and passed stones. Tomorrow I will start my second stone flush. I have had better success with alternative medicine and methods than the Institutional Medical solutions. Doctors remind me of drug lords that are farming clients for the surgeons. They never seem to do much for prevention just offer to push product and when your too fuckt from pills they toss ya to the surgeon. Big business.

A lot of problems are RESULTS of pore health from years of shitty habits. Sometimes your body needs help to flush out itself and if you can do it cheaply on your own then what the fuck do you need a doctor for? broken bones, Ok cool then go get a cast. Eat right(raw vegan) and cleanse and most of your problems will fix themselves. Do not believe me? then prove me wrong and try it out. Otherwise dont talk shit.

For the folks recommending cleansings.

I dont think you all know particularly what you are talking about.

I am an apprentice Holistic Health Practitioner and when it comes to infections of organs - there is literally no fucking around.

If your are then you should know about the 'Master Cleanse' or lemonade diet. And know it isnt like the husks or the fiber colon snake. It will help you clean out what ever is irritating your live kidney or gall bladder. Read how it works, it works great. Yout dont need to listen to me, but I had similar symptoms and such off and on for years and doctors didnt do shit for me. I have turned my health around and am only offering some advice that isnt in the mainstream medical practice. Good luck and I am done defending my advice.

First read about the master cleanse. It will tell you that you will flush out and the waist that coats or sits in your digestive tract. That will clear the way for you to do a stone cleanse. Read about them. then you will understand that your statement above is from ignorance. I have done it and passed stones. Tomorrow I will start my second stone flush. I have had better success with alternative medicine and methods than the Institutional Medical solutions. Doctors remind me of drug lords that are farming clients for the surgeons. They never seem to do much for prevention just offer to push product and when your too fuckt from pills they toss ya to the surgeon. Big business.

A lot of problems are RESULTS of pore health from years of shitty habits. Sometimes your body needs help to flush out itself and if you can do it cheaply on your own then what the fuck do you need a doctor for? broken bones, Ok cool then go get a cast. Eat right(raw vegan) and cleanse and most of your problems will fix themselves. Do not believe me? then prove me wrong and try it out. Otherwise dont talk shit.

It's unfortunate that you've had such poor interactions with physicians or shitty physicians altogether. There are many excellent doctors out there. Most primary care physicians (at least in Canada) are very big in to health prevention, infact most would be happy to not have to treat you, maybe things vary in the U.S.

Are you familiar with human physiology, pathophysiology, and human anatomy? Physicians have an intimate understanding of these concepts and possible consequences of fucking with these systems. See I can't prove you wrong, that's the issue I have with alternative medicine. Anecdotal evidence is not scientific evidence. If the cleanse were run in a controlled environment using double blind experimentation and administered by a well respected lab, and the results were statistically significant then I'd believe you and I'd be waving the cleansing banner. But the fact of the matter is that proponents of cleanses are not subjecting them to the rigors of the scientific method. The first principle of medicine is to first do no harm. No professional healthcare provider can advocate the use of untested methods for treatment.

ODB - I am extremely well aware of Master Flushing. If you would like my business details and website let me know via PM.

Let me clarify for you, as I am all too empathetic of poor advice and administering of medications specifically antibiotics.

I am of the belief of pure integration of holistic and traditional medical practices.

However, I believe that there is incompetence on both sides of each practice of medical care. There are shitty naturopaths and there are shitty doctors.

Ultimately, all people suffering from serious aliments, specially infections of sorts should seek a physician for a serious DIAGNOSIS. There are PLENTY of GREAT integrative doctors that choose all treatment options for their patients.

With a kidney infection, one that seems a-symptomatic should address the infection BEFORE flushing. The inflammation needs to be controlled and alleviated by whatever means even if it is antibiotics. Otherwise you can cause more harm then good by stressing the body when it is already not functioning properly.

wizekrak - I agree and disagree with a couple of your statements. The FDA is not designed to care about alternative medicine ($$$ - reactive vs. proactive preventative care). Unfortunately the FDA goes to great lengths to kill companies (and poor research and clinical studies) that create amazing remedies (supplements, medicines) even if their manufacturing practices are above guidelines (one example is pk5). If you would like to discuss this further per PM I am more than happy to have fantastic dialogue.

OP: You say you take suboxone. Have you had a recent liver enzyme panel? Which usually incorporates kidney function and you insulin levels?

I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant about the FDA since I'm a Canuck. Alternative medicine (the testable kind) is getting a little more attention up here. All supplements and herbal remedies need to be tested by the government and issued a license stating their contents and quantity. I think it's harder to sell 'snake oil' up here than it is down south.

It really is a shame that alternative medicine doesn't get the research it needs to either be substantiated or dismissed. I think conclusive evidence either way would do a world of good to sort out the scams from the legitimate when it comes to alternative therapies.

My big fear is that those seeking alternative medicine are often those with incurable illness who are looking for a miracle cure and are willing to write a blank cheque because they don't want to believe they really are fucked. It can be very easy to take advantage of those who are desperate.

Sorry I haven't responded. The reason I doubt it's a UTI is because I haven't died. If it were, I'm pretty sure I'd have kicked the bucket by now.

The fact that it's ongoing and chronic, I doubt it's an infection.

If it isn't an infection, then possibly it's just kidney damage in general, caused maybe by drug abuse?

Are/were you ever abusing meth/amphetamines? I know they are particularly dangerous to your kidneys over time. I don't think opiates are in general, but I could be wrong.

Trust me, it's a UTI that has spread to your kidneys. You wouldn't have died from it!
GO TO THE DOCTOR!
I have had exactly what you're describing, except mine was from meth abuse, which lowered my immune system.
My body can't fight it off. Am I dead though? No.
Just, go to the doctor. Seriously. I'm 99% sure of what it is but none of us here are able to diagnose you. We can't prescribe drugs. JUST GO

Status
Not open for further replies.