Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Dxm 3rd plateau - 1st attempt

sparks5150

Bluelighter
I've used dxm a handful of times, all within the 1st and 2nd plateau range. Today I took 700mg's, about 8.5/kg.

12/30/08
9:45 – 350mg
10:00 – 350mg, Geez this stuff is nasty.
10:30 – Feel it coming on strong.
10:48 – Puked my guts out.
11:00 – 11:45 – Listened to mellow music (minor cev’s)
11:45 – Got up from couch, robowalk present.
12:00 – Definitely still feeling dxm but puked out most of it. No 3rd Plateau today…

Any suggestions on the nausea/vomiting? I was extremely disappointed, I had been looking forward to and preparing myself for this for a while.

substancecode_dxm
methodcode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
First what did you take, what brand? You said it is nasty so I am assuming cough syrup. Some people I don't think can get to higher ranges. I took 1500mg and I was 140 and I dont think i made it too the 3rd platue.

To avoid throwing up a would just take cough gels. The only time I through up is when i chugged 2 bottles of cough syrup. Even if you chug one bottle and then eat the rest in cough gels you should be fine.

You puked it up... its tough to hold in I know.

My solution. Get robo cough gels, or Zicam Cough Mist. It still tastes bad in the mist but it goes down WAY easier because it has the consistency of water. Its like super dark cherry water. Plus, one Zicam Cough mist has .55 oz and 400mg of dxm. Get two or 3. Throw em in a glass of Grapefruit juice to boost the strength of the dxm.

Ive done it this way and its way better. 3rd plateau you find you throw up much easier due to increased motion sickness.

Laying down helps too. But really if you cant take the syrup, you gotta change forms of administration

Last edited:
Thanks. I've looked for zicam but haven't been able to find it yet, guess I'll keep looking. I was laying down the whole time, I guess I just couldn't handle the syrup. Oh well, live and learn. I'll probably switch to the gels, there just more expensive. Thanks again for the feedback.

They arent bad. I know we dont talk price but this is a pharmacy thing here. $5 gets you 300mg of dxm. Store brand.

Yeah the syrup is kinda rough on the tummy. Makes you have gas and poop a lot too.