• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New Years Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanX

Bluelighter
What is your New Year Resolution/s?

2008 is coming to a close... So what are you going to do to try to improve your life?

Here's mine...

1.Quit Smoking.
2.Start working out again.
3.Cut back on drugs.
4.Improve my grades.

Ill be happy if I even stick to one of those=D

!@!@!GOODBYE 2008 WELCOME 2009!@!@!

this first thing about goals is that they should be realistic. It seems like you don't think you can see your goals through? What is the point of having a goal then if you set yourself up with failure to begin with?

Self-deprecation happens when a person puts themselves down, oftentimes in a humorous way (note your smiley after the comment). It is a defense mechanism, the basic psychology of which operates on a 'I'll get me before you can get me' level. Since you already put yourself down you are no longer exposed to harm from others when/if they put you down.

Just random observation about your post.

my goal is: squat 2x BW

My one and only goal is to get back to how I was before the holiday festivities. (urrrgh....been pretty bad as of late.) That means no processed carbs and sugars, watching what I eat, regular spinning and yoga, and that's about it.

Damn gluttony ;)

1. Run a 5K in February (started about 5 weeks ago). At that point, my running goal is subject to change, but I would like to continue to at least be able to run 5K nonstop.

2. Continue improving my diet. Less meat, less dairy, more fish.

3. Get back to yoga and make it a regular practice again. My shoulder seems to be fine and if it starts bothering me again, I will promptly go to a doctor and find out how to fix it so I don't have to give up something I love.

4. Turn the TV off! Winter creates the pattern of coming home, eating dinner, and plopping down in front of the TV. I do NOT want to continue this. There is a lot to do instead and I resolve to choose those things whenever I can.

5. Be a dedicated student. I'm being realistic about this one because I know being studious is not my forte, nor something I enjoy very much. So I will be as dedicated as I need to be to finish.

6. Be a good friend and girlfriend. Not that I think I'm a bad one now, but there's always room for improvement.

1. Wake up early. I used to get up at 5-6AM everyday, regardless of previous night's debauchery. I've been garbage at that this year, and yet it gives me the full day and a lot of sun.

2. Cook more. The next year is gonna be a trip financially for the world, and maintaining quality of life for me would include more cooking and experimentation. At least one meal a day to begin with.

3. Have more fun. I'm fortunate to be doing what I am fairly "good at", but not really what I dream to do. Let this be the year that the lines between work and play begin to really blur.

4. Back to regular qi gong.

1. Put on some muscle.
2. Continue to learn about consciousness altering.
3. Cook more.
4. Develop focusing skills
5. Mediate more regularly.
6. Make more friends.

Also, I'm going to pare down my material things , roughly about 40% of my stuff. I'm going to get rid of old clothes, shoes, magazines, and other things that are bogging me down and preventing me from really living in the now, and looking forward to the future. (It's amazing how material possessions can just keep you in such a rut...imagined or otherwise.)

1) Publish this paper that's been riding my back.

3) Get the $150,000/year job in Oslo that I'm inthe process of interviewing for.
4) Learn to BASE jump.
5) Climb Mt. Denali or something equally challenging.

Last edited:
Resolutions for health include:

Walk, bike, or go to the gym equivilant of 5 miles per day
Quit smoking by the end of the year
Eat enough calories a day for my weight

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

And good luck to everyone with their goals!

I said I was going to start on the first, but the Lil Wayne Weezy F baby Young Stunna CEO of yung money concert is the 4th lol. So they will have to wait till the 4th, which is a good thing cuz the next day is a Monday...So fresh start

the thought came to me in the weee hours of new years morning

'just live it'

... i'm going with that.

on a more practical level.

-bicycle riding atleast 3 times per week

-quite pot, alcohol & other activities that put my energy 'out-of-balance'

-meditation (that dalai lama once said "i have sooo much to do today, that i will have to meditate for twice as long"

- creativity expression sessions

- write in diary, lows and highs

- learn and study my passions (nature, ecology, restoration, earth...)

:)

and most importantly

'remember to breath'

Eat healthier, stick to a gym schedule, relegate drug use to a minimum, keep a 3.5+ GPA, spend more time with guitar.

-slow down on shooting heroin
-completely stop smoking crack (only do it like once a week, but was clean for a year and now cravings back
- get a new girl, one that doesn't sell her ass unlike last one
- get a good job with benefits
- work out more
- stop drinking hard liquor everyday all day

damn guess I expect alot this year :)

I'm going to spend a whole lot less time on this site.

...not going to buy anymore cigarettes.

...going to curb my drinking big time. I stayed in on New Years Eve to get that one started right.

:)

Too soon for that ;) Maybe you should ask...has anybody started already.
Today is the official start of my diet. Monday, I start my exercise routine.

I need to get back into exercising and losing weight really, that's my biggest desire.
And more more hair extensions instead of watching tv all the time!

1. Save up $1K towards a car in 10 weeks or less (i just wanted to do this because ive noticed that a large portion of my paychecks go towards booze and drugs and i really need to start getting my shit straight, especially with the kid on the way)

2. Get a better paying job
3. Get in shape/start working out and stick with a routine this time
4. Get a girl
5. Move out of my parents place!
5. Don't get arrested!
6. Don't be so impulsive when certain situations arise! Think shit through!

1. get back into the same regular exercise routine i had pre-holidays, which means 5-6 days a week
2. stop eating/drinking things that give me acid reflux/heartburn and trying to camouflage the pain with medicine
3. try to be more outgoing
4. work on improving the relationships i do have

i definitely believe i can get all of these done in 2009. i dont like to set impossible goals like "lose 20 pounds" or "run 10 miles" or something i know i will never do. i just like to keep them pretty general so i dont feel like i'm failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.