• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ahhh....Benzo Withdrawal....Could there be anything worse in life?

anonymous - here's my plan. Much this 12.5 mig in a week. wait a month... pretend ive been taking only 1 x .25 a day.... say 'i had to take 2 and sometimes 3.... can you give me something stronger' then ill smash down that second prescription and be done with it.

basially i need these right now to finally get the fuck off opiates. i wont ever do benzos long time, believe me ive read the stories about benzo withdrawal. dont wanna go there. but i literally do have anxiety and i am at the tail end of an opiate addiciton... so if i am extremely careful I think I can do this and hit the ground running (i know these are the famous last words) but I hope to learn from your experience.... unlike a lot of other people - and myself in the past - who couldnt be the told and had to learn the hard way.

thanks for your post man. valuable to me at this stage in my life

edit: obviously the plan needs some refinement. but i just dont wnat the doc to know about my opiate addiction. i dont want to be labelled as 'drug seeking behaviour' in case i really need something else different in the future.

I take 2mg Clonazepam a day, not looking forward to quitting. But things that are worse; quitting heroin, crack, and klonopin at the same time, being gang raped in prison, being lit on fire, being stabbed or shot, having to fight a Lion, or bear, being put in prison for 40 years for jaywalking, theres plenty of stuff thats worse, benzo wd does suck tho.

^ Yeah I know what you mean about not really needing something but indulging anyway... hopefully after the health problems are fixed up you will be back to your normal self. :)

Hey thanks man! :)

Hopefully I can put them down. I'm starting to take a liking to the pain meds which is not a good sign. I've always hated them traditionally and only used them when I had to. The benzos I don't think I'll have a problem with.

benzo withdrawl sucks, i just recently tapered myself down from a daily 6-7 mg liquid xanax from the past couple months now down to .25 mg. nonetheless i feel great i accomplished something for a good cause :) hang in there your worth it!

I am trying to get off xanax myself. I am addicted to them, and fear running out of them. Sometimes when my supply is low and I cannot find more,like now, I start to taper down, and tapering alone sucks balls, let alone stop all together. When it comes to benzos, Moderation is key! (easier said than done)
Good luck!Let's all support eachother:p

I guess the best thing to help benzo withdrawl is to take it reaaaaaaaaaaally slow (and on valium), you can use sedative anti-histamines (diphenhydramine, promethazine, alimenazine, doxylamine... are a few good ones) to help you sleep, and hydroxyzine is also a mild anxiolytic so if you can get hold of some of them it might help....

So what are the worse side effects of benzo withdrawal? I know this has probably been handled countless times but since it is so subjective I would like to hear what you guys find the worst part... The only symptom I had was extreme anxiety, paranoia and rebound insomnia. Nothing that unmanageable although my usage was very short.

Do hypnotic benzos and anxiolytics have different w/d profiles?

oh god benzo withdrawl is the worst

last year i was doing clonzepam's, smoking weed, drinking, and xanny's on a pretty regular basis.
one week went as such:
thurs-flaming 151 shots chased by malibu. then some shrooms and weed.
fri-smoking, drinking rum and hypnotiq. i think that was it...
sat- i don't remember....
sunday-xannys and more rum. about 3 hours sleep.
monday-still feeling xanny's and did some triple c's.

and tuesday began the worst crash. which scared me to stop doing all the drugs i was doing on a reg. basis. as welll as the weed, and alcohol.

and then within a few days-a week came the WD.
fucking talk about some serious fucking hell shit.
was up for like 3 days straight, fucking having nervous breakdowns in school, acting wacked out of my face, could barely handle anything, walking around like a fucking brain dead vegetable, and crying all the time.

god damn i feel your pain.

shit scared me straight for months.
ate only 2 xannys since. and that was last march that i had this whole scary ordeal.

started drinking again, quit the cccs, only do the clonzepams once in a while.
and hardly smoke bud anymore. do coke once in a while now, but by once in a while i mean i did it 3 months ago, and only just did it again tonight.
and only did shrooms once more since then, and didnt do anything else with it.

my advice for you if you're withdrawing now, then just be with the closest and most comforting people to you. and don't hold anything in. if you feel like crying cry, and have people fucking hug the shit out of you as you do it. sounds gay but shit man i broke down at my friends and they both came over and fucking hugged me and whatnot and i felt so much better.
if you feel like curling into a ball and watching some dumb movie from when you were a kid and eat cake, then do so.
if you feel like screaming and throwing shit around your room, do it.
if you feel like fucking laying on the floor in a total like fucking brain dead daze staring at something, then do that.

you gotta kind of act like you're 5 years old in a way to get through that, take days off until you feel better, don't really go out anywhere, just you know fucking struggle thru until the sun's risen and fell enough times where you feel half normal. eventually enough day's will pile on, and you'll look back and go "wow. i can't believe i went through that, and am fine now."

and really i would stop doing ANY perscription drugs.
i have some anxiety shit, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
shit can be tough, but it's way better then risking feeling the WD and crash, and being reliant on drugs made by dicks in suits to try to "balance everyone out"

not everyone's balanced, and that's perfectly okay. long as your not out hurting people or yourself, i dont think you should really rely on pills.

as a friend once said, "the earth's tilted and bi-polar, and so am i! it's perfectly natural!"

goood luck man
you can make it through :]

the fuck? isnt it supposed to cure that shit?
You seemed to be mistaken. Psychological problems aren't solved by pills, it's through the collaborative efforts of pharmacology and psychotherapy can medications help people with psychological problems.

No anti-depressant "cures depression", sorry.

Why do you think people have problems with drugs? Otherwise we could just create pills that "cure" things, like cancer, AIDS, addiction...etc.

But guess what, there isn't a "Cure for Cancer" pill...nor a "Cure for Alcoholism" pill...never will be.

You have to do your fair deal of work to get there. If you're not willing to, you might as well be eating sugar pills.

And LOL @ 12.5mg of alprazolam...the pharmacy probably sold you sugar pills thinking 0.25mg will never be felt.

Ive kicked a 10-20mg xanax habit (5-10 bars) a day (on average) sometimes more, the first time i went into several seziures and it IS the worst experience in the world. You dont want to eat. You dont want to talk to any one, you shaking, your mind and heart is racing, you have weird uncontrolable thoughts, and you just cant function not even the strength to change your clothes.

Ive dont it it a few more times but went from 8 9 10 11 bars a day down to .5 just to keep me from dying, and the worst part is the EXTREME ANXIETY, the complete opposite of how you feel when your on that much. And that amount didnt even get me "high" i would have to take 8-12 bars at once to get "high".

If your gonna take benzos and alot of them for a long time make sure you DONT STOP ABRUPTLY...AND NO YOU CANT DO IT, YOU NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE, ITS NOT WORTH RISKING YOUR LIFE OVER (im talking serious benzo habits here)

Every addiction is hell to quit. You need to toughen up and realize how much you need to quit.
And then you will do it, no-matter what it takes. Just as an example I have given up meth, weed, benzos, alcohol and benzos, yes benzos. Don't think it is the worst thing ever. Millions of people have quit that stuff. You are not a legend cause you are quiting it. You are just a number. So do it!!!

Yes damo 463 is right. A whole lot of motherfuckers have quit taking their benzodiazepines. The thing that concerns me most is my motherfuckin age! How many oof u can say u quiit benzos 3 times when yuo were 17 or 18 years old though? Yeha Ima tough motherfucker (mentally atleast). But Im already quitting! I went from 6mg Rivotril to 30mg diazepam. If the Ashton Manual is correct shouldnt I hhave been on 120 mg diazepam a day rooughly lol!!!!!!!!!!
fuck that, just protracting the withdrawal. i have battled a raging dexamphetamine habit, 4 benzo habits and a codeine habit!!!!!!!!! im at the age of 18! for fuck sake i shuldnt be suffering this early in my lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

lol

anyways, ive been getting drunk lately (low budget so i been steeling my bro's alcohol and my papa's alcy so im pretty fucked up right now) :/ :)

damo, u mus understand that benzo addiction is completely physical dependence when it comes to me. id rather have an opiate habit!!!!!3-4 times withdrawin from benzos makes u into a shitpile of a huiman being G!!!!!!!

P.S. let's make this a BENZO WITHDRAWAL MEGA THREAD, as I don't see that many threads on OD regarding benzo withdrawal!

righj now imm drunk of red wine (stolen from my bropthers room) and home all alone, im wondering whether alcohol will delAY or uibcrwAawsw
whether alcohol will delay or increase the severity of my benzo withdrawal

peace and shout out to the 187 Thousand G clique! lol......

So what are the worse side effects of benzo withdrawal? I know this has probably been handled countless times but since it is so subjective I would like to hear what you guys find the worst part... The only symptom I had was extreme anxiety, paranoia and rebound insomnia. Nothing that unmanageable although my usage was very short.

Do hypnotic benzos and anxiolytics have different w/d profiles?
The antihistamines really screwed me up and can actually hype some people, and my hydroxyzine hype lasted a long fucking time. I went mental I think.
Restless legs can be terrible symptom of bzdwd and antihistamines will make that much worse, esp. hydroxyzine and strong antihistamines.
Try Lyrica first. It can help a little.

I guess the best thing to help benzo withdrawl is to take it reaaaaaaaaaaally slow (and on valium), you can use sedative anti-histamines (diphenhydramine, promethazine, alimenazine, doxylamine... are a few good ones) to help you sleep, and hydroxyzine is also a mild anxiolytic so if you can get hold of some of them it might help....
Sorry that's the wrong quote

FUUUUUUUUUCK NO benzo w/d is candyland compared to opiates. Opiate w/d is the absolute essence of satan. HORRIBLE.

Only thing worse would be benzo wds combined with alcohol wds, which is usually extremely serious.

The antihistamines really screwed me up and can actually hype some people, and my hydroxyzine hype lasted a long fucking time. I went mental I think.
Restless legs can be terrible symptom of bzdwd and antihistamines will make that much worse, esp. hydroxyzine and strong antihistamines.
Try Lyrica first. It can help a little.

Immodium (Loperamide) helps RLS a bit too for opiate withdrawal.

It's amazing, there really is nothing more horrible in life than benzo WDs. They make opioid WDs look like a walk in the park IME