Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - exp - a short hike on DMT

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I attained the first ridge and caught my breath in the sun. It was cold – really cold. I was happy to be out though in the sunshine and the trees and the rocks. Free from all responsibility…my heart needs this time alone in the woods, I thought to myself.

I had another short 2 mile hike up to the second ridge and my final destination – a very calm and tranquil little meadow…a ‘holler’ really – a place where herders used to take cattle and let graze high up in the mountains. It wasn’t used for that anymore. It wasn’t used for much of anything these days. Sometimes some dogs would run through with a hunter following them depending on the time of year and season regulations. But today the trail was empty…I was the only one out in the cold windy sunshine.

I contemplated the stretch of trail coming up while sitting on a log in the sunshine. Reaching in my pocket, I brought out my short little simple bowl. Blue glass with some dark black swirls through it. Functional little piece…lots of resin buildup from many sessions of cannabis, various synthetic cannabinoids, DMT, DPT, 5-Meo-DMT, MET, and other allies from trips that are only now vague and pleasant memories. I loaded up a small amount of very yummy looking heady herb and took a long, deep, slow inhale. I exhaled to the sun and smiled as I felt the familiar little THC tickle in my brain.

Reaching back in my pocket I found a small dark amber vial containing a few pure crystalline flecks of n,n-dimethyltryptamine, maybe about 35mg of the precious neurotransmitter. I sprinkled the vial’s tryptamines onto the half finished marijuana bowl. Holding the bowl in my right hand I paused and focused a moment on my breathing, steadying myself internally and trying to align my thoughts and energy to the surroundings. It wasn’t hard to reach a state of calm and grace here on top of this ridge in the sunshine, a small bird twittering some ways off from me, gentle wind blowing over my face and hair, my body taut, strong, ready, expecting.

I lightly wafted the flame over the psychedelic and watched it bead up into liquid oil for a moment, sinking into the cannabis below to slowly begin, almost as if magically, popping itself into vapor into the chamber of the bowl and down into my lungs. I kept inhaling until I was sure the entire bit of tryptamine was vaporized and in my lungs. I held this in for a moment and blew it out, carefully replacing the vial, bowl, and lighter into my pockets and settling back down in the leaves against the log facing the sunshine, eyes closed in wonder appreciating the tryptamine visuals blossom behind my eyes.

I opened my eyes and basked in the sunshine and the visuals and the pleasant body tingling from the DMT. I stretched and waited a moment longer as the visuals began to fade back some.

I stood up and began hiking again, pleasantly tripping and feeling the ‘push’ in my thoughtspace from the DMT...associations that are not normal for me came up and surfaced. I paused a moment pondering some rather dark thoughts about the future and my life and then turned to the counter-positive thought to these dark thoughts. I realized I cannot control the future beyond what I can do with my life and living up to the morals and beliefs I stand for. I decided what will happen will happen and that I should not worry about the future.

I kept on hiking, pausing nearly every chance I could to close my eyes and bask with my face to the sunshine, feeling it literally recharge my body and fuel me for the future.

At one point I began storming along, fortified and stalwart from the cannabis and dream-like from the DMT, like a warrior down the path, my breathing was regular and deep and I whispered underneath my breath, “I’m ready…I’m ready for anything…” I felt very strong.

I kept walking and came to rest by a small cliff overlooking a short cascade of rapids in the creek to my left. I gazed at the moving water lovingly and then turned my attention to the ground on the other side of the trail. I noticed a very beautiful, delicate ice ‘blossom’ on the ground from the hard frost the night before. If it freezes hard enough here in the mountains the earth and water in it will literally buckle up and form what look like icy flower petals. This one was particularly perfect, forming a circular blossom that very much resembled an actual flower. The sun was beaming down on this winter flower and was slowly melting it. One ‘petal’ was aligned with gravity such that from its tip it would drip a small drop of water every couple of minutes. I stared at this winter flower with my mouth open admiring its beauty. Saying aloud:

winter blossoms,
flower quickly.

It seemed supremely profound to me and I said it again to hear the words wrap themselves around me. I thought that reality is like this winter flower, so fragile, delicate…we have access to it for such a short time…our consciousness melts eventually back into the ground like this flower melts.

I kept hiking and attained the second and final ridge and the calm meadow unfolded before my eyes. Everything was sleeping…the plants were quiet. Not like it is in the summer here, busy with bees, flowers blooming, pollen visible hanging delicately through the air, everything rich and ripe and full of life.

Now it was quiet, a solitude that is only attained in deep winter. I hiked into the middle of the meadow and found a dry grassy spot and sat down and stretched out prone with my face and arms warming in the sunshine. I laid here for awhile longer, comfortable in the sunshine despite the 30 degree weather. I started to drift off to sleep and entered a very deep and calm space of mind where no thoughts existed, just pure happiness and comfort and sunshine against my eyelids with slowly fading tryptamine visuals so briefly and so delicately pulsating in my mind.

substancecode_dmt
methodcode_vaporized
explevel_experienced

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice story!

DMT is definitely best with some rays of sunshine to go along with it :)

What a beautiful window into your world. Thanks for sharing it. A pleasure to read. Hope the new year brings good fortune to you and yours.
All the best - Pipp