• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Did you all lose weight when on cocaine specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
Have you all lost weight on cocaine?

I did, and I looked very horrible, with a sunken in face. But one kid who did it with me a lot was kind of big and he never lost weight. Everyone else I know who did it lost weight, but I'm wondering can it also do the opposite?

Would be nice to have a poll.

A)Yes - was addict lost weight
B)Yes - not addict still lost weight
C)No - addict didn't lose weight
D)No - not addict and didn't lose weight

-dp

No, I'm part asian. We stay the same. So if you see a skinny asian, or buff asian, you know they are a freak.

I mean I'm white and all, just enough jap to reap the physical benefits =D

I was sort of addicted to coke, did it about 2-3 times a week for 6 months, and in that time I lost loads of weight, can only imagine what doing it every day would be like...

Ima move this thread to healthy livin. it really aint about drug culture at all. Now if you were talkin about bein a geeked out feen shakin in the streets and the weird looks that you get from ppl passin by now theres a DC topic. but a simple health related question IMO belongs better in healthy livin. muevete!----->healthy livin

my bad if yall dont feel like it belongs, move it back here and i will add some more to it to make it DC appropriate. :)

Yes.

I was also able to drink a case of beer a day.

That's twelve bottles of beer. Oh! the humanity.

over the time period when I was using 3-4 times a week I gradually lost a lot of weight. It was slow so that it wasn't noticeable until I compared pictures from before using.

B) Yes. I used cocaine everyday for about 3 months and noticed myself steadily losing wieght. I've never been on any drug "specifically" though, I am a poly drug user and always have been.

Before doing drugs I weighed about 165lbs. I ended up in jail one fall after a summer binge and was only 125. Two months in the county jail and a 28 day inpatient later I was about 175. I stayed off the yuk for about 18 months and topped out at 196 with less than 10% body fat. Two months of smoking is all it took to knock me down to 145.

I think that part of it is the harmful effect of the drug and the rest is the lack of appetite and money for food.

Amazing for you maybe. I have always been lean/athletic with a high metabolism. Any type of regular(more than twice a month) blow intake and my weight drops...in an uhealthy looking way for sure.

C)No - addict didn't lose weight

I used coke (crack) for about 2 years, but never more than 5 days a week, and my sessions rarely lasted more than 4 hours. I always had an extra large appetite for food when I wasn't high and weed just made that more intense. Keeping one's weight up was important for surviving out there in the jungle...

I've been doing coke at least a couple times a week for the last month or two, and I've lost like 5 pounds. Nothing that a couple weeks of abstinence and pigging out over the holidays won't fix

The weird thing about that is my parents found out about my usage when i was using maybe once or twice a month, and when they found out they started to analyze me a lot and would always tell me that it looked like I was losing a ton of weight, when in reality my weight was steady. However since that time, my usage has increased while my parent's think I've cut my usage down, and now they think I'm gaining weight when I've actually lost a little

C)No - (former) addict didn't lose weight.

i attribute that to smoking weed and drinking a lot.

Amazing for you maybe. I have always been lean/athletic with a high metabolism. Any type of regular(more than twice a month) blow intake and my weight drops...in an uhealthy looking way for sure.

That's because when you don't eat right, your body uses (breaks down) stored carbs (glycogen), fat (lipids/adipose tissue), and stored protein in the form of muscle. Your brain needs protein for the energy required to operate, and it requires a lot of energy to operate. Your brain is the only organ that can't run on carbs and fat alone, it NEEDS protein. When your protein intake is inadequate, your body breaks muscle tissue into amino acids (the building blocks of protein) that can be used for energy...resulting in muscle loss. That is why many cokeheads lose weight but look like shit. Their muscles are literally deteriorating. When doing any drug, and especially if you do the drug in excess, you must be sure to maintain a healthy diet. This is also why many drug addicts are dumb; their brains aren't funtioning properly.

I've been doing coke at least a couple times a week for the last month or two, and I've lost like 5 pounds. Nothing that a couple weeks of abstinence and pigging out over the holidays won't fix

The weird thing about that is my parents found out about my usage when i was using maybe once or twice a month, and when they found out they started to analyze me a lot and would always tell me that it looked like I was losing a ton of weight, when in reality my weight was steady. However since that time, my usage has increased while my parent's think I've cut my usage down, and now they think I'm gaining weight when I've actually lost a little

I think a lot of people, parents in particular, mistake the gaunt look of dark circles around one's eyes for a sign of weight loss.

i'm going to go with D. altho some of my friends told me i was addicted, i don't think i was. i did it about 3-4 times a week for a couple months, never lost any weight. i'm quite small already tho, and never had much of an appetite so doing coke every other day didn't really affect how much i ate. considering it only made me not hungry for about an hour

Wow I'm surprised from what people said, especially the people who didn't lose weight. I guess other addictions (such as drinking) kept weight up. I smoked weed every day while i was addicted and it didn't help me eat at all. I just lost so much weight.

Can a mod make this a poll please?

-dp

A)Yes - was addict lost weight

Do a little here and there now, my BMI is in the underweight range I believe though, always has been.

Yes. I was IV'ing coke for 3.5 months straight. Everyday all day. I used to wear a size 34 jean but now they fall below my hips if I don't wear a belt.

I'm trying to keep the weight where it is (hopefully tone up with some muscle).

Cocaine is an expensive diet that will not only strip off the pounds but your self-esteem, possessions and will to live.

while heavily using coke i lose some weight but not a ton... it suppresses my hunger but only for a few hours, then it gives me insomnia and i get extremely hungry when coming down.
i think your relationship to food has a lot to do with however... after many years of having an eating disorder i'm totally fucked when telling if i'm hungry or not. meth is another story, but i've known tweakers who still ate a ton on it so i'm guessing that's eating when you're REALLY not hungry...

Status
Not open for further replies.