• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Lyrica - Experienced - 1500mg; Not Such a Good Idea

I tried 600mg once and it was similar to alcohol without the body load. I imagine any hallucinations caused by pregabalin would not be pleasant. Sounds like they were on the delirious side of the psychedelic spectrum?

Well 36 X 100mg in 14 hr took care of my degenerated spine pain OK but i had taken them b4 and i knew 10 wouldn't do so i took 15 and 4 hr later my back still hurt like hell so i took 10 more and about an hr later i noticed that i could move my neck without pain and my back was better also I didn't have to grab the walking stick to get up from the couch But walking was a bit jerky went to sleep for like 4 hr and woke up like i normally do when my move in bed my lower back sends these bolts of pain and it woke me so i took the rest to see if i could get some sleep and couldn't and living by myself i don't talk but when my friend called i couldn't talk nor could i keep a cigarette in my mouth it kept falling out so i didn't smoke all day.Well this morning it was yesterday. I didn't get any Hallucination

I normally take 2 10mg a X3 Day of methadone to manage the back and neck and that works fine and also i just started 1mg of clonazepam to sleep at night but that doesn't work at all so i took 2 still nothing so i took 5 and i slept fine i think because i woke up downstairs on the couch and it was noon but when i went to take my other pills they were gone. I mean i looked for days and still couldn't find thee dam pills that was a week ago and that was why i tried the Lyrica pills.

I'm going to look for them again in a bit but i got a 5 bedroom farmhouse and a barn with my Mom & Dads crap in and the Kids rooms up stairs are full of their crap b4 they went to collage few years back.

Who knows

Lyrica is very pleasant - but its a tricky med. It helps w opiate withdrawal-but a couple times it didn't help. It made me drowsy and I was throwing my guts up. Still in heroin w/d. Who knows? But for the most part its a pleasant, chill, trippy med. I have to pick up my Rx. I get 90 300mg.

I get 225 mg a day total, it's really nice but I wouldn't dream of making a habit out of it recreationally because it's not worth developing the tolerance. Even without using it as a medication it is nicer to keep the magic. Be careful with that 'exponential tolerance'. The withdrawals can be nasty, quite different from other sorts of withdrawals by the way - I mostly get super depressed and then weirdly do not link that to the pregabalin.

Be really careful with that clonazepam as well (1 mg is a lot, I'm surprised it doesn't help for pretty much any benzo indication), dependency is hell and being able to sleep at night is such a recurrent problem (in a lot of cases it is I mean) that taking medications for it can easily make you dependent.
As with anxiety meds, the responsible yet effective options are unfortunately very limited but trust me that dependency can ruin your life more than insomnia. Even worse, it's not a sustainable solution anyway so eventually you'd have dependency AND insomnia.
The Z-drugs are not much safer by the way.

I've now decided not to touch it again. The last time I tried it, I took 1200mg (as usual) and started getting bad twitches when I wasn't moving. I would be sat down and my fingers would just randomly twitch and I could feel the muscles in my face going too. This carried on until the next day as well :(

I've now decided that it's too new of a drug for me. No-one knows what long term damage may be caused by it at those doses. I would recommend anyone planning on trying it to use caution.

The twitches have now stopped and two weeks later they haven't returned at all but on the second day of twitches, there were times that I thought I'd fucked myself up permanantly.
I know I'm quoting a hella old post but I've been on Lyrica at the maximum therapeutic dose (300mg twice daily) for a few years now. The twitches are really fucking annoying, especially if I'm tired or have taken certain other meds like opiates or baclofen. When I was on metoclopramide for gallstones it made the twitches florid to the point where I'd randomly drop/throw things I was holding (pens, phones, coffee all over myself etc). Really shitty.

I've now decided not to touch it again. The last time I tried it, I took 1200mg (as usual) and started getting bad twitches when I wasn't moving. I would be sat down and my fingers would just randomly twitch and I could feel the muscles in my face going too. This carried on until the next day as well :(

I've now decided that it's too new of a drug for me. No-one knows what long term damage may be caused by it at those doses. I would recommend anyone planning on trying it to use caution.

The twitches have now stopped and two weeks later they haven't returned at all but on the second day of twitches, there were times that I thought I'd fucked myself up permanantly.

I've also experienced this side-effect on occasion. I'm considering making a thread in Basic Drug Discussion in an attempt to collect raw data about who experiences and what causes these episodes. I ended up in the Emergency Department once and they told me it was "textbook epileptic episode" until they ran a scan of some kind on my brain and found that the electrical activity or whatever the fuck was contrary to what would be experienced by someone in an epileptic episode, so it's definitely not epilepsy/seizure if that's what you're worried about.

Before i reread this to copy and past your quote i thought you said "I was a bottle of champange advertised at $23.99"

I've also experienced this side-effect on occasion. I'm considering making a thread in Basic Drug Discussion in an attempt to collect raw data about who experiences and what causes these episodes. I ended up in the Emergency Department once and they told me it was "textbook epileptic episode" until they ran a scan of some kind on my brain and found that the electrical activity or whatever the fuck was contrary to what would be experienced by someone in an epileptic episode, so it's definitely not epilepsy/seizure if that's what you're worried about.

Very interesting that you say this. I just recently experimented with Lyrica and surprisingly I haven't felt any of these types of symptoms. Maybe it's because I don't have the sickness or diseases? I got the pills from my mom who suffers from Fibromyalgia. She's in pain frequently and when she takes Lyrica she passes out. I've taken her pills that are 100 mg each. The first time I took them I took about 4 (?100mg=400mg). It was around 10 pm I took them and waited an hour and I only got tired. I felt a mild light headedness and that's about it. I didn't experience about any of these other symptoms that were mentioned in the previous threads. It was maybe a slight head change, kind of what you feel if you don't smoke cigarettes and when you do smoke one you get a slight light headedness. My tolerance is pretty high too. Once I noticed I wasn't feeling anything besides tired, I took 3 more the next day after going to bed around 12 am. I woke up the same way I fell asleep. After taking 3 I went out to breakfast around 10. Then I took 4 more. Still didn't feel anything. I got home and took 3 more, still NOTHING. Why aren't I getting the same experience?? I've taken a total of at least 1,700 mg in one day. WHAT GIVES??? ???? I could practically overdose but what the hell, I haven't felt jack shit! Can someone answer me!? I'm about to take 3 more just to make it an even 2,000mg. Gonna see how that goes, maybe this will do some work.

You shouldn't steal your mom's fibromyalgia medication... :\

I dunno, I took 300mg my first time and it was one of the better highs I've ever had. It seems pretty variable between individuals.