Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favorite: Stephen King adaption?

Which is your favorite: Stephen King adaption?

• Carrie

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Salem's Lot (1979)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The Shining (1980)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Creepshow

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Cujo

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • The Dead Zone

• Christine

• Children of the Corn

• Firestarter

• Cat's Eye

• Silver Bullet

• Maximum Overdrive

• Stand By Me

• The Running Man

• Pet Semetary

• Tales From the Darkside: The Movie

• Graveyard Shift

• Misery

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Sometimes They Come Back

• Golden Years

• Sleepwalker

• The Dark Half

• The Tommyknockers

• Needful Things

• The Stand

• The Shawshank Redemption

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • The Mangler

• Dolores Claiborne

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Langoliers

• Thinner

• Trucks

• The Shining (1997)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Quicksilver Highway

• The Night Flier

• Apt Pupil

• Storm of the Century

• The Green Mile

• Hearts In Atlantis

• Rose Red

• Carrie (2002)

• Dreamcatcher

• Secret Window

• Riding the Bullet

• Desperation

• Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the stories of Stephen King

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Mist

• It

• Total voters
OK. Since there are so many, I made the poll with the option to choose more than one. I excluded any sequels, because the King had nothing to do with them.

I also excluded The Lawnmower Man. Anyone who has read the short story knows it has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. Stephen King himself sued the producers to have his name removed from the film.

Great movie, but Stephen King hated Jack Nicholson in the leading role. He said the character was meant to start out normal and slowly degrade into madness. He thought Jack Nicholson looked crazy as batshit from the first frame. The man has a point. Great movie though.

"Wendy? Darling? Light of my life?! I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just going to bash your goddamn brains in!"

18.21-new.jpg

Two minutes into the movie and he already looks ready to kill them both.

I had known about King not liking the movie, but didn't know it was because of Nicholson. It's true though, he's a madman in it.

But I like it. Since i've never read the book, I think it's a great performance. Certainly a favourite of mine anyway.

I love Creepshow, Dolores Claiborne and Misery the best! Never get tired watching these EVER :)

creepshow-movie-poster.jpg

here's... my cake? I... want... my... cake! Where's my cake, Bedelia? Where's my Father's Day cake? I want my cake you dirty BITCH! I'm going to have it!

MV5BMTQ4NjQ2NTYwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjI1MDY3._V1._SX297_SY400_.jpg

I insist that all women who have hysterics in my drawing room call me by my Christian name.
Misery-Kathy-Bates_l.jpg

MISERY IS ALIVE, MISERY IS ALIVE! OH, This whole house is going to be full of romance, OOOH, I AM GOING TO PUT ON MY LIBERACE RECORDS!

I picked The Night Flyer instead of Shawshank only because the latter masterpiece isn't typical of King's adaptations.

Green Mile, in terms of acting, cinematography etc...simply the best adaptation there is. All the others don't even come CLOSE to the books AT ALL, while the Green Mile keeps the atmosphere, the feeling, the plot largely in tact.

In terms of fun to watch and have a chuckle at:

IT
Trucks (original adaptation of Maximum Overdrive, I think?)

There's a few I didn't even know had been adapted on there! Nightmares + Dreamscapes, for example.

I liked Salems Lot - there was a TV show of it quite good.

His work going downhill now I think !

Thought the book 'Lisey's Story' was crap :(

Green Mile, in terms of acting, cinematography etc...simply the best adaptation there is. All the others don't even come CLOSE to the books AT ALL, while the Green Mile keeps the atmosphere, the feeling, the plot largely in tact.

In terms of fun to watch and have a chuckle at:

IT
Trucks (original adaptation of Maximum Overdrive, I think?)

There's a few I didn't even know had been adapted on there! Nightmares + Dreamscapes, for example.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes was made as a mini-series on TNT. I bought the DVD last year. Most of the stories, oddly enough, are from Night Shift and Skeleton Crew though.

The best one being Battleground, starring William Hurt. It's completely dialogue-free and worth the DVD purchase alone.

The Shining for sure. Still scares the piss out of me.

Closely followed by The Shawshank Redemption. Just saw it again the other night. :)

My vote aside, The Shining is a top-ten flick; I like Kubrick's version much better than the more faithful--and less evocative--'97 adaptation.

Re Nightmares and Dreamscapes: I also thought this was a pretty good collection; "Battleground" was indeed excellent. There's a Richard Matheson in-joke in that segment that I only got recently. ;) "Crouch End" and "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band" were also great.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes was made as a mini-series on TNT. I bought the DVD last year. Most of the stories, oddly enough, are from Night Shift and Skeleton Crew though.

The best one being Battleground, starring William Hurt. It's completely dialogue-free and worth the DVD purchase alone.

I remember hearing that had been adapted! Would love to see it, it's such an awesome little story.

What other stories did they adapt for that one?

P.S Is there a Dark Tower film possibility in the works?

Are people voting for the right version of The Shining? Going off the posts, it seems there's at least 2 (including my own), possibly 3 votes for Kubrick's version, but so far only my vote is there.