Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM (experienced)…desperate to dissociate. Avoiding Ketamine

kracks

Bluelighter
DXM (3 x Robitussin Dry Coughs) 450 ml
Cannabis (plant material) 2 joints (everyday smoker)
Tobacco with joint mix (every day smoker)
Caffeine (coca cola) (everyday caffeine drinker)

This is my first ever trip report. I have just drunk 3 bottles or Robitussin for dry cough. All I can say is that I have always been deeply fascinated with psychedelics in general, and for the last 2 years I have been searching the Internet, for precious information of substances, natural and synthetic.
I think its important to tell my background story as it might give you a feeling of what is going through my mind,
I began with cannabis, with which I fallen into deep love with. I then was taking acid for a year without breaking much; I then got into Ketamine the year after…so I have quite apparent h.p.p.d. like symptoms. I’m a very visual person and love to be in my own head. My biggest passion in life is drawing, but drugs very nearly took that away from me…for my taste in dissociate downer comfortable drugs gave me no time or even the mindset to pick up a pen. Mainly ketamine and cannabis ended up caused be to be a lazy self-centred isolated and unhappy individual.
Nothing else seemed like an option except to give rehab a go; I felt I needed to know why I was using so much. Addiction was becoming a bitch. I went to rehab, leaving 4 ounces of my first indoor gown cannabis, I only lasted 2 weeks, I decided it wasn’t for me, though I learned a lot there, and had made at liest one friend who will at liest still speak to me.
I then made a vow, to only use cannabis from now on, no hard drugs, and in a controlled way, so I could move on in my life, and create again, and when I got back, my parents had burned my weed, and was something I had to come to terms with, so many lessons and changes I had to go through, but I got over it. I got right back into college, and haven’t stopped working and drawing and staying active social and talkative.
Though every now and again, I get a little itch to get my mind blown to another dimension, something so deep ridden that it scares me just how much it takes hold of me.
It all starts by reading drug forums on the Internet. All the happy psychonauts taking and sharing information on the latest psychedelics trip reports, I have always loved to read them, and so many taught me so much, I keep thinking back on Erowid and huge list of drugs I had tried just kept accumulating.

2a9pdvp.jpg

I think that’s enough background, remembering I took this DXM about 30 minutes ago, damn should have looked at the time, its 15:02 a shitty cold wet rainy grey Saturday in London. I had been up all night smoking dank white strain cannabis that was a real mission to get down in Brixton, there’s a big drought in London for decent weed as always, and naturally every one still calls me.
Today I don’t feel like communicating, I just want that dissociative mindset, all week I was thinking of ways around no hard drugs, having remembered I had already done 2.5g of Mexican Mushrooms a month ago (the first hard drug since leaving rehab) I though what the hell, its my choice, my life, do what you want.
Do; I did, as I usually do, and after an all nighter went to 3 different pharmacies in my local areas. Contrary to what I expected, I assumed I was to be given weird looks and unwanted questions from the purchase, I only associate this fear from buying DXM and not Nurofen Plus, which in the past I found too easy strangely enough. Maybe it because of my dreadlocks I assume people are all FDA agents who work in British pharmacies…
So this stuffs starting to hit, I notice my mind clouding over, and by body relaxing, my stomach was aching a bit, that why I began writing to take my mind of it. The cannabis I smoked with tobacco in a j has helped the nausea; I still got half of it left to smoke. Keep shrinking into the covers. Ambient electronic music is playing; I might go browsing through my library…

No DXM had other plans…I just ran to the bathroom and blasted out a wet, sqealchy shit, almost thought it was a fart…anyways was manly liquid, really gross. But have recovered quickly, really didn’t expect it to pass through so soon…my head keeps feeling lighter and lighter, almost like the feeling is growing, time to light the spliff and browse trippy music videos.
This diarrhoea’s really getting to me; I keep running to the toilet, my head feels great, a similar mindset to ketamine, though by bowl and gut are gurgling. DXM its so insane, no wonder its legal.
By body feels increasingly numb, and softer, reminds me of menthol like on your taste buds but on your skin, reminds me of ketamine clear body feel. It is taking me away with the music…Aphex Twin never fails

What was in this DXM? Laxatives? I can only describe this as pissing from my arse, the toilet bowls full of this brown liquid that strongly resembles tea minus the milk. I just want to relax and smoke another spliff, but i'm going to wait until I know its subdued. I''m definitely getting the robo itch well an itch of some kind over my body. My stomach keeps gargling away. And the dimensions are shifting slowly.

Back from the bathroom again, I noticed the closed door Handel now resembled a cartoon like face, I had never noticed that before. I hope that that’s the last of my shits…this takes me back to when I was fucking around with nutmeg and DXM when I was younger, though I couldn’t recollect exact images right now. My body seems to be calming down. It seems liked the little molecules and systems in my body are working into hyper mode and all buzzing to get that sugar out a there……….

(Written the next day)
After this I listened to music and smoked another spliff for about another hour, then fell asleep, and had a real comfortable deep sleep followed by some intense visual dreams, I have just woken up now at 6.41 am on Sunday, and still have some residual after effects. A chilled monged body feeling…. this will be my last DXM experience for sure; I’m not touching the syrup any more. And although some of it was fun and slightly mind numbing, it is no way a substitute for ketamine. I love how the drug spirits punished me with diarrhea I will never make the same mistake again, to down cough medicine from the pharmacy.

Overview…what a waste of money and brain cells, though I guess I got what I deserved, and sorry for boring you with my life story, dissociates make me reflect intensely into my past and possibly futures.

substancecode_dxm
explevel_experienced

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting story.

DXM syrups are pretty hard on the butthole. I personally find you get little to no Diarrhea if you find Orange syrups, or gel-caps. I dont know what there is available out there though.

The Gel-Caps are the best. No taste, no upset stomach from all that syrup. Just throw down some water and like a sandwich or crackers after you do the pills and everything is great.

I also dont know what kind of dosage this was for you. This may have been too much.

If you ever drum up the courage to try again, shoot for 6-7mg/kg. That is Mg of DXM. That to me is a perfect spot.

But DXM is not for everyone, some people just dont like it.

Also, you can try some Diphenhydramine to help with that robo itch. Just a pill or two is all you need.