• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

This thread has nothin to do with the UK, then? ;)

Regular speed (as in amphetamine sulphate) is extrememly common in UK.

If you have relevant info for the UK, post it up and Rolls or one of the Mods will add it to the first post. We don't want to exclude anybody.

I haven't seen one single person mention Narcotics Anonymous. Anyone heard of it? International, non-profit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs have become a major problem. It's a group that meets regularly, most in attendance consider themselves "addicts", and their method of staying clean is "one addict helping another". fuck a rehab, 9/10 of them are basically going to teach you to GO TO NA WHEN YOU GET OUT. And they're not blowing smoke up your ass, it works. Try it. NA.org

I have been prescribed to a 1mg Ativan pill to sleep for 3 years.

For the last 4 or 5 weeks my dosage has been increasing as I become more and more stressed. Sometimes I can take up to 5 across the day and just forget about all my problems, but then the next day they are all there again and I just want more.

Im starting to worry about my habit. Lately it seems as a side effect I have been suffering mild mood swings, I get irratated/annoyed with people, memory loss, apathy...etc etc.

I want off the stuff. But I have been warned i could suffer benzo withdrawl..

I need help ! What can I do?

Well theres a few steps, usually Id recommend to start by telling someone that you know will be understanding and supportive about it, eg a mate etc, then if you are comfortable I would tell your doctor. Now he may or may not give a shit so this depends on his relationship with you.

The next step would be to get some free one on one advice from a drug councillor, anyone from the LA area know who does this?

been using 10mg percocet for a week, will i have withdrawls?

Yes you will but they will be mild, most likely some abdominal cramping from being constipated and then it all moving at once. I'd expect some cold sweats and generally feel a bit average for a day or two and then it will pass. Make sure you eat and drink well and you should be fine. Were you using the oxy for pain relief or to get a buzz? as if it was to get a buzz you might experience some psychological addiction (cravings etc) for a while.

[Thats the problem, even with this knowledge and strict guidelines people still are tempted to stray. Unless you've had it happen to you, you don't learn, and unfortunately this is the case for the majority. I think the only other thing that helps is being constantly reminded of what can happen/QUOTE]

I've been an addict for too long now. I know that knowledge wouldn,t have helped me, because I had it going into it.(opiate addiction I'm referring too).

I thought I was a 'chipper' for years while taking codeine on my 'off days'. Let me be the first to say: that didn't work. One day I finally clued in that those 'colds' I kept getting was actually withdrawal. Once I made that connection I realized I was addicted physically. Then it turned into a full blown addiction that has gone on for a long time now. I've detoxed several times but I always go back. Too hard to go to work then as the insomnia reallymesses me up and I need to be alert at work. Funny eh? Needing a narcotic to 'be normal' but that is what happens.

My .02.

I need help ! What can I do?

To royksopp:

You do need to tell your doctor and ask him to taper you down. Usually it is better to go with something with a longer half-life such as diazapam or clonazepam.

I used clonazapam for mine and it took 6 months. That is the safest way to go but it is a brutal ride I must warn you. I was a walking zombie for a while. Eventually some f the other 'less addictive ' drugs such as amitriptyline started to work at getting me to sleep. I've been on it ever since and now use benzos very carefully. That's how bad it is. I am addicted to opiates also and although they are a bitch I think that benzo w/d is actually worse.

Good luck. I've been there and done it. So can you.

Um, too much?

So... I enjoy taking Vicodin. Very very much so. I suffer from cluster headaches, so I am in a lot of pain 3 to 4 days a week, sometimes a week or more even. It sucks. It started over a year ago when my neurologist gave me a script for 60 5/500 with 3 refills for a month. I am 220lbs, 24, 6'1", medium build 'average' guy. I would use all my refills in 3 weeks easy... Off the bat with no prior opiate use, it took at least 4-5 pills to dull my pain. Long story short, he finally gave me 10/660 :). That helped me a lot more. But as time passed... I am not taking a lot to just dull my head a little, and take at least 20 pills for recreational use... That is right, 200mg hydro! I have not/do not take other drugs. Vicodin is it. And I love it. Yes, I do use CWE to not kill myself lol, but even 200mg just gets me buzzed. It has only been a year since I started. I have figured out loop holes in pharmacies where I can get 6 refills in a week on just one 3 refill script!... And I do need it to stay 'afloat..' as sad as that may be.

Basically, I just wanted to know if others have this much of a tolerance to hydrocodone in such a small time frame? Is that a lot? I could not even imagine trying to stay afloat if I had to start hitting streets with there outrageous prices on a single pill... Help? Time to kick it while I can?

Thank you all in advance!!!

Time to kick it while I can?

Thank you all in advance!!!

Considered other options for the migraine pain? I don't know what there is but I'm sure you could research others, once you have the pain managed seek out professional help. Go speak to a drug counsellor, consider getting a SMALL script of benzos (say 25 valiums absolute max, no repeats and insist on this) and going cold turkey, use the valium to help make you comfortable for the week and then ease off that as well.

This is what I have done and it was worked, not for vicoden, but something similar. Making sure you don't get a repeat of benzos is critical though, as you will just end up replacing one addiction for another.

Finding a solution for the migraine pain should be a priority though, as if you quit and are in withdrawals AND get a migraine, you will find it very hard to not go back.

i am so ready for a hiatus from all the shit i have returned to.

i think i realapsed in september 2008 and have been using several days a week which then i cut back to just friday and saturday then the occasional weekday usage and now its thurday though sunday. i'm fucking tired of it, i feel like a slave. thank god a have planty of suboxone to get me by. but i've been thinking hat has been enabling me in a way. i go piss tested a work and i don't hink they are doiong to let me go but tomorrow i have to go back to he ohs place for a consultation what ever than means and i'm going to have to sign a release for he urine screen results. i'm not in an awful possition right now but i'm just really disappoined i'm back here. i don't know how this next week is going to pan out and i'm really fucking stressed out about it. sometimes i feel it is useless to even think of giving up opiates "forever" like it is impossible. since i started i've never go clean for more than 6 months. i hate waking up with waer eyes, a runny nose, and pains in my back and joints. i think i'm going to stop again and try to make the most out of spring and summer.

3.9.09 (4:51pm) :damn i'd like to get high...

Last edited:
suboxone then NA meetings worked for in the past for quitting and staying off heroin/opiates for several years. Relapsed soon after stopping going to NA. I didnt like goin to the meetings, but they do help alot of people stay clean by giving support

^you're earning yourself another warning (nightmare girl). leave rolls alone and stop harassing them, theyre a valued member here unlike you at the moment.

just because we're a board of people who have similar interests does not mean there aren't going to be some addicts around, show some fucking respect. im opiate dependent and i take offence to shit like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
*raises hand*

I made a conscious decision to become a junky. It was necessary at the time for me. It's probably not that common though and not always the wisest of plans. Worked for me, but I wouldn't advise it.
i also did:

three things, diarea&social anxiety&insomnia, all cured by opiates. when i used a small dose daily, my life was quite nice. it was a conscious decision

yeah, six months later the euphoria waned, but quitting made me nonfunctional for school, and the rest is history heh

then came tagamet. it let me "pop a pill" for a feeling rather than the usual nasty down-tons-of-powder (i cant make tea with family in the kitchen; it stinks it up) and there was another kickstart for my tolerance

now, i can either increase my dose and be functional, stay at the same and have zero motivation (this is what i have been doing and my grades and some other things are suffering; im re upping my dose till school is over. i promise! :)), or quit and get all F's as i am totally nonfunctional. so i plan on the latter during summer. ill have to get through the summer class (writing) on lots of beta blockers, benzos, immodium, exercise, and a nice bowl of cereal (or weed)

i am not looking forward to finding out just how intense that hot/sweaty flash feeling can get...

Last edited:
They give the means for many people to do it.

so do bricks. im going to write a brick faq :p

warning: my story speaks for itself. just the whole process, picking up that brick, beating somebody over the head with it, it's a rush. this can be incredibly addictive. therefore, this faq will help you know the safest ways of this "misuse" of bricks, reasonable taper schedules reccomended by doctors (it will be uncomfortable, but think of the lives you are saving each day when you hit one less person with a brick), et al

NelsonMandela
My story is very similar to yours. I was on suboxone to kick my addiction to opiates. I went to AA/NA meetings and took my anti depressant medication like I should. Everything went fine for two years. I stayed away from everything for two years. I stopped the meetings and my medication for a week, and relapsed. Since this relapse I have had a hard time picking myself back up. But hell at least I'm trying I guess.

Last edited:
^ I highly doubt he was serious, and even if he was, he's a rock star, not a person.

lol fuck i laughed when i read that. i saw the interview he's referring to and yeah he was set out on becoming a junkie. fuck he made a mess of himself quickly too. after reading anthony keidas' "scar tissue" it's as if john looked up to the other guys (mainly anthony but also flea) being junkies. now he's shining through after sitting back being the baby of the group.

anyway, i just wanted to add my bit to this thread. i suffer from chronic pain and im addicted and dependent on opiates. i've been on some kind of painkiller since the age 18 and im 23 next tuesday so going on five years.

i've gone through that many wd's i've stopped counting; they're only getting worse these days as well even with smaller binges. i've recently been put on fentanyl and had my honeymoon week with it and fucked myself over bigtime. i went to the dr today dope sick as shit, it was pretty horrendous by the time i got there. i had to lay down in the nurse station with an ice pack on my head and spew bag in my hand ready to let loose.

fortunately he gave me an IM of morphine which held me over in time to get home and have a few tramadol and put one of my spare bupe patches on. i shouldnt throw myself into precip-wd's with the bupe because it takes a while to come on and is slow release so even if i do it won't be for long. i've got another new script for celebrex which i dont know a lot about but it's to help out with my upset stomach along with prednisone.

the pain infuriates me and i just want to live a life pain free but because im so dependent on the meds i get so disfunctional off them; the pain is unbearable to the point i get suicidal. i know it sounds ridiculous but i've been considering getting myself to a point where im that addicted that i can apply for the suboxone treatment here and be on that for pain management/addiction. suboxone treatment is only available in australia for addicts so it makes sense in theory but im only chaining myself down more. just the bupe worked so well for pain and i like being on something where im not so tempted to use other opiates because in order to use i have to go through the torment of wd's before and after i use.

this probably more belongs in the TDS, but you guys are my family and i wanted to share this in here anyway.

best of luck and much love to everyone else out there fighting this disease<3 there is hope for us all.