• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

^ I think Australians actually make up the third largest number of visitors to this site if I remember correctly... though a distant third.

I also would like a lot of people to contribute whatever they can to this thread; rehab center links, information on maintenance programs, addiction groups and counseling services or even just your story of your struggles and how you managed to get clean or are looking to get clean.

There is a lot of potential for this to be a great thread, not because of Bluelight staff but because of the users contributing. An OD project if you will.

ETA: Also, I've cleaned up a lot of un-necessary discussion from the first two pages of this thread which is why it's shrunk in size.

I guess I will start the links of rehab facilities with one that I actually went to. This place in the southeastern U.S. really seemed to help me get clean.

Finding Help in the USA

SAMHSA Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center Locator

SAMHSA Buprenorphine Physician and Treatment Program Locator

SAMHSA Home Page

Also, you can call this number 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357) for assistance.

Another unique aspect of SAMHSA, at least in Michigan (I'm pretty sure in other states as well) is they offer assistance for paying for treatment (not applicable to Buprenorphine doctors, as far as I can remember). When I entered treatment in 2007, their assistance program made it so that I only had to pay 10% of the actual costs. How much you have to pay depends on your financial situation. This is especially good for those of us who do not have insurance to cover the costs.

Last edited:
it took me a long time to admit i was a slave to it and stop blaming everything around me for my problem.

out of the last 3yrs i have spent 1yr in total of that in rehab....i now have over 15months of clean and sober time up.

for me it had to be total abstinence...i realise this isnt for everyone....

NA has helped me so much...cant even begin to say how thankfull i am.

from someone who "had" to take opiates, benzo's and alcohol everyday to feel right...to someone who hasnt put a mind or mood altering chemical in them for 15months is mirracle in my eyes.

but at the end of the day i wanted to stop, i just didnt know how...lots of people need to stop, very few actually want it.

rolls: I changed the North American section of your post to U.S.A. because the links I provided are not available for residents of Canada or Mexico.

Congratulations!!! 3 weeks clean is absolutely amazing!!! I can't even imaging going 3 DAYS without vicodin. It's a fucking poison and I really want to stop taking it. I have been in serious denial for almost a year and I am so glad I stumbled upon this website. I used to reference it when I had questions about how to potentiate my vicodin high, etc...but now I'm starting to see the better side of it.

Congratulations again and good luck on continuing your success!!!

I agree with you 100%. I'm a functioning vicodin addict. I have an awesome career with one of the most well known Universities in the world and nobody would ever know...ever...that I poison my body daily with this shit. I want to stop really bad. I've done it before and I think I can do it again on my own. I've only been in pretty bad for about a year. ...which is nothing compared to some of the threads I've seen in here.

Anyway...congratulations. Keep up the good work.

SmokeEm said:
be serious about your job/carreer, even if only so you know you can afford the next fix.

rolls said:
This is a good point, I'm an engineering student and have had a few great job offers and still working at a place that lets me name my hours. Its a great distraction and very rewarding when I get things to work, gives you a natural buzz.

Abilities said:
Yeah um actually none of that is true. Especially with opiates. I dont think you've been through much if you think addicts just need to get a job or go to school. Most people who are addicted are ALREADY in school or working. See the thing about opiates is theyre good to do ANYWHERE. They help u fall asleep, and they also wake u up. No other drug does that. Once you're addicted you use constantly throughout work or school.

He's giving tips for staying clean and personally I think having something to occupy your time and mind when dealing with the psychological WD symptoms is a great idea. I've only ever been through mild WD compared to what a lot of others on here have been through, but putting myself fully into music and working and reading helped me out.

I'm not even sure if he's giving tips for "staying clean" - that certainly wasn't the point of my first post. I was saying that work/study is a good way for you to not allow it to get too bad. That's not to say you can't screw your life up with opioids just because you are working.....but that however bad it gets, it's much more likely to be worse if you don't have that committment...as I said, even if your #1 objective from working is to finance your fix.

....and if/when the time comes that you decide you want to do something about it, it gives you at least one more reason to take that step.

100% correct that the problem with opiates is that they are good to do anywhere, any time, even if that's in the cubicle of your office block's toilets. But better to be doing them there than somewhere else, somewhere that isn't funding your next fix for you (working), or at least giving you a distraction so its possible that there is more on your mind than just your next score (studying)

I'm not recommending it, but I'd recommend being a working/studying junkie, than a hussling-for-the-next-fix junkie any day

Rolls, I added a link under the QLD link in your first post to a group in Brisbane who have helped a friend of mine with his addiction and who he highly recommended.

Rolls, the link you provided for Vic/NSW seems to be mainly for Eastern Melbourne suburbs.
For a service that can help you locate nearby counselling/detox/maintenance services in Melbourne, there's also Direct Line 1800 888 236. I think they have counsellors on the phone as well, but I just used them to find the closest maintenance clinic to me that weren't full up with patients.

Last edited by a moderator:
No junkie has ever said 'I plan to get addicted' even if you have read 100 stories of people getting addicted and you have a fancy plan of how to use and not get addicted, you probably still will succumb eventually.

that isn't true. John Frusciante (guitarist for the red hot chili peppers) stated that since he liked being high before he was fully addicted he planned to become a heroin addict because he wanted to feel good all day every day. or something to that effect. he did plan on becomming an addict.

^ I highly doubt he was serious, and even if he was, he's a rock star, not a person.