• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

Luckily my parents threw me in treatment before my 1-2 times a week dope habit got me into full time junkie-hood.

I have a really close friend/love interest that is addicted to heroin. A dealer hooks her up for free, making incentive to quit pretty much zero for her. It's seriously fucking up our friendship and a lot of other parts of her life. She knows this, and being an addict, does nothing about it.

Her dad knew about her doing H before via police phone call, and she quit for a while. Now shes back on and he doesn't know.

What's the best thing to do? I've been just expressing my concern and pointing things out politely, but it's getting on her nerves and making her talk to me less, and want to see me less. She's the fucking world to me and it makes it very hard to keep at it.

If her father had enough influence to make her stop last time, maybe he will again. Perhaps anonymously tell him?

Unless you really want to quit, not much else will make you except possible the threat of being kicked out, or your family not wanting to be your family anymore. Maybe this was the kick that she needed.

Also just thought I'd let everyone know I am back, had some issues with my account being compromised and since removed.

If her father had enough influence to make her stop last time, maybe he will again. Perhaps anonymously tell him?

Unless you really want to quit, not much else will make you except possible the threat of being kicked out, or your family not wanting to be your family anymore. Maybe this was the kick that she needed.

Also just thought I'd let everyone know I am back, had some issues with my account being compromised and since removed.

I think that's what I'll do, I'll feel really bad about it but shit... it has to stop.

She'll probably know it was me though... I predict she'll probably be very mad at me for a long time, but eventually I think she'll come around and things will be ok between us again.

I think he needs sleep more than anything, but everything is addictive, that was the issue with the benzo's, is there a temporary sleep aid? he wont take the melatonin, it had an adverse reaction the last time and caused some strange night terrors, and wont drink any valerian tea, anything but booze. does anyone know about ambien? any other suggestions? we got phenybut but it's damn addictive and produces bad rebound effects
I'm sorry this post is allover the place, I'm at my wits end to help him and I cant help but be selfish in saying, Im really afraid to loose my job, I have to stay at home tomorrow now and watch him.
any advice or help is really really appreciated.

Sounds like he wont take anything that doesn't get him high really. Replacing one addiction for another over and over. Ultimately it sounds like he needs to be hospitalised or at least sent to a proper rehab/detox clinic as that sounds like he is bordering on a psychotic episode.

The only other things for sleep that aren't addictive are 1st gen anti-histamines like promethazine or diphenhydramine, however these can cause bad side effects if taken in excess.

I really think that if he can afford to spend $2000 on kratom then he can afford proper rehab.

Can I ask why you are doing all of this for him, helping someone is great but if they are not progressing then you really need to step it up and send them to a professional. It is wonderful that you are helping but don't lose your job over it if it is just your room mate.

fucked

okay so i started doing it once a month nearly 4 years ago, and im eighteen now. Over time it became more and more frequent, and became daily about 6 months ago now. I didn't realize my cold sweats and other withdrawal symptoms were even from the shit until recently. I have decided to try quitting because the cold sweats in below freezing tempuraturs are unbearable (along with all the other shitty ones), the price of the shit (im up to about $50/day), and the fact that i usually do it just to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms now. My method of use was smoking, but recently changed to booting(which is breaking an oath i made to myself never to do)...

I would really like to quit completely (i have a bad feeling that i am going to be a jail hopper like several of my old friends if i continue to be an addict), but i would like to avoid inpatient treatment as much as possible. Although if i am having these problems when my next college semester ends i will go into treatment. Ive been talking to a lot of people about it, although i am on my parents insurance, so i am avoiding the doctors because my parents don't know and i would like to try keeping it that way. I am however setting an appointment with my friends doctor, and he is a recovering addict. (i reccomend talking to friends that you have who are recovering addicts for help as they went through similar problems.)

i want to see how being clean is, before i was addicted to heroin i was adicted to smoking weed. I smoked about a quarter ounce a day, and it didn't really get me that high anymore so i slowly switched the addiction to opiates. would have been better off if i was just a pot head still.

thanks for all the advice in this thread, i plan on trying several things including NA. Good Luck to everyone going through the struggle of quitting an addiction. Anyone who thinks they can help me please pm me. Also i live in the detroit area.

Can we help we others, replys this message. and we will go members in this site! :)

Are there any options for getting of dope that don't involve a treatment program? I doubt it but I'm just wondering. It's the close friend I mentioned earlier

Are there any options for getting of dope that don't involve a treatment program? I doubt it but I'm just wondering. It's the close friend I mentioned earlier

What do you by treatment program, as in inpatient treatment like rehab? If so then theres outpatient where you report everyday for methadone/suboxone replacement therapy however this can be quite inconvenient. It doesn't sound like he has a job though so I imagine this would be possible.

Other than that theres cold turkey or using other meds to make the symptoms better, however I think medically supervised in/out patient therapy is the best followed by cold turkey (lock her in a room for a week with only food water and something to keep heroccupied) are your only options.

Once she's been a week clean it will be MUCH easier to deal with, worst case she will get back on it but with a much reduced tolerance so it is easier to deal with second time round. Could try cutting her off from her dealer as well, you would have to be fairly creative for this to work however, especially as dealers are often very shady people.

You can gather up a bunch of prescription/OTC medications to help assist the comedown, but overall the best bet for your friend is to get him on Suboxone if he has health insurance or any way to pay for it (consider a PAP?).

You can gather up a bunch of prescription/OTC medications to help assist the comedown, but overall the best bet for your friend is to get him on Suboxone if he has health insurance or any way to pay for it (consider a PAP?).

She can get suboxone I know, I think she was on it for a bit and didn't really "do it right". How exactly do you go about suboxone treatment? I'll look for a thread on it. She can get suboxone on the black market, so there wouldn't be a doctor involved...

She can get suboxone I know, I think she was on it for a bit and didn't really "do it right". How exactly do you go about suboxone treatment? I'll look for a thread on it. She can get suboxone on the black market, so there wouldn't be a doctor involved...

And that is the problem, most people cant responsibly taper their course. She will probably just start abusing the bupe instead, definitely go via a doctor, not to mention its cheaper.

And that is the problem, most people cant responsibly taper their course. She will probably just start abusing the bupe instead, definitely go via a doctor, not to mention its cheaper.

I agree. It's great to be able to get subs on the streets, but what happens when her connect runs out? She is just going to jump right back into the H. It's going to be tough to keep on a sub regime without any supervision/support from a doctor.

If anything, gather a bunch of pamphlets/information/etc on suboxone, methadone, and other clinic types. Have a true heart to heart with her. If she refuses, you must cut ties.

As hard as it will be to do, it will be the best thing.

I agree. It's great to be able to get subs on the streets, but what happens when her connect runs out?

Not only this but if they are able to properly taper their course whilst having an unlimited supply they almost certainly wouldn't have gotten in this mess in the first place.

It might be annoying going every day to a clinic for a few months (until they give take aways) but it sure as hell makes it impossible to slip up as they watch you dissolve it under your tongue, hell where I go they even grind the tablet up into powder so you cant just spit it out when you leave.

Annoying, but it has had incredible success with me, I don't get high off the sub, I don't crave opiates and I live my life like when I was completely clean.

Re the getting high off the sub, sure the first few days you might want to have a dose high enough that you do (so you don't give in to the psychological cravings of getting high). But soon after this I would try and get a stabilising dose that you barely feel, this is important I think it helps you get used to the sober lifestyle.

Gettin off the dirty need help!!

K here we go... I've been addicted to opiates for about 2yrs. I started off with lortabs, then oxy, then H. I've only been doing H for a few months now. I got hooked from being in a really bad motorcycle accident which happened 4yrs ago n been prescribed lortabs ever since.

What I'm getting at here is that I finally want to quit, but I can't go the medical treatment way. I tried to quit yesterday n today being day one/24hrs. I just took a few lortabs cuz I can not stand the sweats n restlessness.

I have a few Xanax n about 20 lortabs... Please help me figure out a way to get off with home detox. My girlfriend is addicted too so that makes 2 lol.

I'm only 21 and the past 2 yrs has been a waste of life... I really wish I could do it recreational, but I can't I love it n hate it. The hate ways more than the love tho.

Please help me with a taper method or something. I was throwin up 14hrs after my last dose, my girl on the other hand isn't as bad off as me.

Thank You,
~DJ Play~

You are going to be sick, theres no way around that. How much H were you on and how often? Also what is in the lortabs and how many mg are in them?

There's lots of other medication you can use to help the withdrawal. I would recommend doing a search for 'opiate taper' or 'opiate detox/withdrawal' as you will find hundreds of plans already out there. Once you get back to us with the other info we can hopefully help you better.

Rolls^^... I've done every type of research for the past month lol, this is the only site that helps me.... I have 10/500 n 2mg 4 bars but only 3 of those and 20 tabs. I can get more xanny's if needed. I really hate feeling like asshole and can only make it barely 24hrs after last dose.

Oh between my girl n I we were doing about a gram every 2-2 1/2 days.

Thanks in advance... I really need help cuz tomorrow is when I start my detox

~DJ Play~

HELP ME PLEASE!! Tomorrow is when I start, it's 10:30 here n I usually go to sleep around 1:00-2:00. If someone could please reply before I go to sleep I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks,
~DJ Play~

Depends if you think you can go cold turkey or not, if you think you can handle feeling like total dog balls for a few days then I would wait 24 hours, take a few lortabs to make yourself feel a little bit better, wait as long as you can and repeat.

If you don't have the willpower to do this (don't worry, most people don't) then you will need to do a taper, unfortunately 20 lortabs isn't much and it is going to be a very nasty taper.

I would start with maybe 5 on the first day, then 4 then 3, 2, 2, 2, 2. You will feel like shit but it is better than nothing. Save the xanax for any panic attacks or when the anxiety gets real bad.

Ultimately I would recommend a proper suboxone or methadone taper but you would need to go to a doctor to get on this. It is definitely worth trying the cold turkey approach if you can hack it though.

Stock up on all the other meds that make opiate withdrawl easier as well, theres millions of threads with suggestions.

Thanks man. I can't go through the medical route cuz I'm 21 n on my moms insurance. I'm just going to start tomorrow with 3/morning n 2/night then lower n my girl will take 2, 1, 1 etc.

I'm going right now to stock up on Immodioum, juice, vitamins etc.

~DJ Play~

Jmsopi^^... Wow next time use some paragraphs, that gave me a headach lol.

I suggest you get on suboxone (not methadone, you will w/d a lot longer on that shit). Suboxone would be great for you cuz you won't crave opiates n it will ease the pain as well.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got hit by a drunk driver on my motorcycle, it started with 10mg lortabs 240 a month (I was only 17), then OC's n last but not least H.

I've been on a taper method/home detox to get clean. I just don't want to do subs cuz I don't want to substitute an addiction for anoter addiction. My back still hurts like hell, but getting clean n having a hurt back will be better then being a junkie.

Best of luck!
~DJ Play~