• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

It's sad that so many people think this is a new program. I have no clue why doctors or R&B haven't promoted this program more.

It's been available for years, folks.

It's sad that so many people think this is a new program. I have no clue why doctors or R&B haven't promoted this program more.

It's been available for years, folks.

R&B's making a killing in profits, why else wouldn't they have promoted the program more?

I figured that much went without saying.

I guess a part of me still likes to think people actually care about other people.

hey guys, Im trying to get onto this program and am just wondering if anybody has any tips for me. A few ?s are do I just go into the doc's office and ask if they have any openings in the free program? I think they can have 2 people on it and 3 if they have 60 or more addiction patients. If I'm calling around different doctor's do I just ask the receptionist if I can be on the asisstance program? I know I will qualify so its just a matter of the doc having a spot for me. Are the doc's dicks when someone mentions the free program?

One more thing, will I be considered an 'addict' or w-e by society's standards because I am on or in the future, I was on Suboxone in the past? I basiclly want to get on sub so I don't have to take opiates and also want to see if it works on my pain. Thanks!

You have to be a current patient in order to get on the program, I believe. I don't think they just take new patients and put them straight into the program. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. I'm not saying to not call around and ask about it, I'm just saying I'm not sure if it will work. You should still try though.

The doctor me and my ex-girlfriend went to wasn't a dick about it at all. He actually suggested the program.

Your medical file can only be shared with other people if YOU give permission for it. If you don't allow access to it by anyone else, there is no way anyone will know you were ever on Suboxone.

My doctors office had brochures in the waiting room detailing this for a while but i knew i wouldn't qualify.

I think its pretty sad when people like selfmeditaker are afraid of getting treatment for their addiction for fear of being labeled and mistreated.

We have a big problem in this world with psychological issues being taboo and physiological being perfectly acceptable. My parents still refer to my suboxone maintenance as my "problem." I don't give a fuck if people know i'm an addict. /rant

thanks you so much for posting that im going to look into it first thing in the morning

My doctors office had brochures in the waiting room detailing this for a while but i knew i wouldn't qualify.

I think its pretty sad when people like selfmeditaker are afraid of getting treatment for their addiction for fear of being labeled and mistreated.

We have a big problem in this world with psychological issues being taboo and physiological being perfectly acceptable. My parents still refer to my suboxone maintenance as my "problem." I don't give a fuck if people know i'm an addict. /rant

agreed. I have family/friends who think this same way as it being my own problem that I choose to do.etc.etc. I just live with it. What can ya do right?

Thanks for the help guys!

I take methadone for pain cause I am less likely to abuse it than another painkiller...I should have been on a lower dose or off of it before but we know how that goes...

Can my doctor,whom hasn't had the required 10 hour classes or whatever to write me suboxone still help me get into this program? OR do I have to go to the local suboxone doc which is overloaded in the first place? I would really like to handle this with my family doctor because he has treated me since I was an infant, have a great open doctor/patient relationship and he has a first hand detailed view of my drug abuse history through watching me grow up.

This sounds like a great program and should be available to more people like many others have said. However, like most insurance programs addiction is viewed as a lifestyle choice and alot of the political figures and institutions feel we get what we asked for: addiction. I know I didnt ask for an addiction to opiates but I sure knew going in that it was possible, I just chose to ignore that cause I was an invincible teenager like everyone else...

From and addict or dependant persons point of view though I am screaming at these people "no more needles,hiv,hep c and drug crimes if you can help us, we are humbling ourselves and realizing our ignorant mistakes, look at all the pain of outsiders as well as our own you can stop by lending us a hand in affordable responsible maintenance therapy"
But thats where the dollar comes in...Greed and pride is killing the U.S.

Last edited:
Oh and to 2nd what CaptainHeroin said earlier about someone whining about paying too much for suboxone...

You can LEGALLY wait in a clean,warm,dry,friendly doctors office or clinic for your meds...And have a licensed counselor to spill too whenever you want..

OR you can ILLEGALY ride down the wrong streets desperately searching for your (possibly cut) DOC in the cold,dirty,dangerous,snowy..shit i could go on forever with these adjectives..You get my point...

BTW...13 dollars a day for methadone/18 dollars a day suboxone at a clinic PLUS support groups PLUS a licensed counselor with multiple degrees PLUS financial contracts when you can't pay for your dose so you don't get sick...how long can you front off of your dealer and not get hurt/killed or cut off??? And can he counsel you through your multiple psychological problems while getting clean AND offer you FREE 6 months aftercare with your counselor and groups after you taper down to 0 mg?

Sounds alot better than what I went through before to keep from being sick and paying a psychiatrist 100 dollars and hour for counseling...

I'm all about free suboxone therapy for those who need the help in helping themselves but maybe when we are more grateful for what he have now more will be available in the future..

SORRY FOR RANTING!!

I really feel bad for people who can't get insurance. i have your typical state insurance. and guess how much i'm paying for everything for suboxone? doc visits, pills, etc...
$0!
i can't imagine someone actually has to worry from month to month about being able to afford this wonderful medication or not. i went to check what my pharmacy charged me for a 2 week supply and i just can't imagine being a junky and having that kind of cash so i DON'T have to do dope. it's just impossible. i don't want to break any rules here so i won't state how much it is. but you know, it's your regular, nation-wide, chain pharmacy.
and i also don't wanna scare anyone from not getting this. help is out there. if ye seek, ye shall find. please just look for it people. and don't take no for an answer. if you need to go somewhere, start your local syringe exchange. or even the local hospital i think.

I really feel bad for people who can't get insurance. i have your typical state insurance. and guess how much i'm paying for everything for suboxone? doc visits, pills, etc...
$0!
i can't imagine someone actually has to worry from month to month about being able to afford this wonderful medication or not. i went to check what my pharmacy charged me for a 2 week supply and i just can't imagine being a junky and having that kind of cash so i DON'T have to do dope. it's just impossible. i don't want to break any rules here so i won't state how much it is. but you know, it's your regular, nation-wide, chain pharmacy.
and i also don't wanna scare anyone from not getting this. help is out there. if ye seek, ye shall find. please just look for it people. and don't take no for an answer. if you need to go somewhere, start your local syringe exchange. or even the local hospital i think.

You pay nothing for your prescription? I had good insurance and i paid $40 no matter the dose.

Do u have to have a job to qualify for it? And do you have to be going to a doctor for an opiate script to qualify? If You buy the pills off the street can you still get this program for free suboxen?

^ you can qualify if you have a job, but you have to be in the low income bracket. It actually works better for you if you do NOT have a job.

And no, you won't get free Suboxone if you're buying them off the street. They aren't going to fund your illegal habit. You have to be getting Suboxone from a doctor in order to be eligible for this program.

I dont have an addiction to suboxene... Im just trying to quit pills and the script for suboxene is crazy expensive. Getting a script of pain pills is less expensive then getting suboxene. Which sucks. I cant afford to quit:-/ Unless i can get the program to work

My advice would be to go to www.suboxone.com, on the top right of the page you will see a blue button that says "Find a Doctor Now." Just above it is the box to enter your ZIP code, and a box next to that to select what the maximum distance between you and the doctor can be (5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles, and so on).

Once the list is populated, call all the near by doctors and ask if they are able to take enroll you in the assistance program to get Suboxone for free every month. Each doctor can only have 2 patients on the program, but really, unless the patient asks for it, the doctor probably won't suggest it, so you could have a good chance of finding a doctor who can enroll you.

One problem is, a lot of doctors follow the prescribing practices to the letter when dealing with new Suboxone patients - don't be discouraged, though. What I'm about to say does not apply to EVERY doctor.

The first day, you aren't even supposed to get a script. A few days later, on the intake follow up appointment, they will write you the script and have you go fill it, then bring it back to his office so you can take the first dose. They do this so you both can find what dose works best for you.

After this, you are supposed to have weekly visits. On the visit where you get your script and take your first dose, he will write you a script for a week, then exactly a week later, you come back. You do this a total of 4 times, so for the first month, you get weekly scripts. In the second month, you come in twice every other week, so you will get a script for two weeks at a time.

After that month is over, you switch to once a month visits.

I mention all this because with the Assistance Program, R&B sends a months supply to your doctor. This could present a problem, because R&B won't send a weeks script every week- or two weeks script every two weeks. This can be fixed though. Maybe they will send a months supply to your doc, and he will just divide them up into weekly or two week supplies and give them to you on each visit.

I don't know if that will work, though. I have a feeling you will have to be getting a month supply of Suboxone prescribed to you before you are eligible for the program.

It wouldn't hurt to ask and find out, though.

My doctor wont go through the form signing process, I have apprioached it twice with him, however there are other qualities about him that keep me coming back even without insurance. My mental health takes the first priority once I have what I need to survive

My doctor wont go through the form signing process, I have apprioached it twice with him, however there are other qualities about him that keep me coming back even without insurance. My mental health takes the first priority once I have what I need to survive

He won't sign it, why?

Find another doctor who is willing to help you with this PAP.

Each doctor can only have 2 patients on the program, so are you sure he doesn't already have 2 patients on it? Or did he actually say, "I am not signing that form?"

I don't understand why he wouldn't. He's not losing any money by doing it- t's the pharmacies that would be losing customers - so I don't see any legit reason for why he wouldn't do it.

It's possible he knows that you wouldn't be eligible for the program (do you have insurance? If so, then there's very little chance you'd be accepted) and is saying he won't bother filling out the form because he knows it would be a waste of time.

Present your case to him on more time. Tell him the advantages of being on the program, especially for someone who does not have insurance and is unemployed.

If he refuses, why not find another doctor who will do it for you? Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he's infallible or has your best interest in mind. Doctors are just another service provider. If someone came to install doors on your house and only installed half the door, would you pay him or continue to purchase services from him? Doctors are the same way. If they provide unsatisfactory service - medical treatment FOR A LEGITIMATE CONDITION* - then why should you have to pay them or continue to see them?

Society today has a problem where they put doctors on a pedestal. They think that if the doctor says, "Take this pill," then you must actually need to take that pill, simply because the doctor told you so. This isn't the case at all. They are just providing you with what they think is the best course of treatment, but because they are a doctor, we rarely think that they could be wrong, and that we should look around at other doctors to see if they can offer something that fits what you are looking for

Sorry, this turned into a bit of an off-topic rant, but it should still apply to your question.

* (the following is not directed at anyone specifically) I say "legitimate condition" because this advice doesn't work for those people out there who go doctor shopping for recreational drugs and end up ruining the quality of treatment patients with serious conditions receive. If the doctor doesn't give you what you want, who cares? You don't even need what you are looking for. Quit fucking it up for the people who are in serious pain, but can't get more than 5/500 Vicodin from their doctors because they are too scared to script something stronger - something that would actually work in treating the pain - because of they pressure they are feeling from the FDA and DEA to deny doctor shoppers access to legally prescribed drugs that will be used recreationally.