• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

evolutionofthemind

Bluelighter
You have to meet certain income guidelines, and your doctor has to fill out an application for you, but this patient assistance program supposedly pays for 100% of the cost of your suboxone prescription! It sounds too good to be true, but if I was going to be taking suboxone after this month (I'm currently working on weaning off) I would be all over this!

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program

866-512-2216

Eligibility Guidelines and Notes: The patient can have no public or private prescription insurance and have an income at or below $25,500 for an individual ($34,500 for a family of two, $43,000 for a family of three) The patient must be 16 years or older. A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

Application Process: The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form. The enrollment form is faxed out. The completed application can be faxed or mailed back. The doctor is notified of acceptance or denial.

Application Requirements: The doctor must fill out a section and sign the application. The patient must fill out a section, sign the application and attach proof of income.

Program Details: Up to a 30-day supply is sent to the doctor's office. The doctor/doctor's office must contact the company to arrange refills. Every 3 months a new application is needed.

Last edited:
You have to meet certain income guidelines, and your doctor has to fill out an application for you, but this patient assistance program supposedly pays for 100% of the cost of your suboxone prescription! It sounds too good to be true, but if I was going to be taking suboxone after this month (I'm currently working on weaning off) I would be all over this!

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program

866-512-2216

Eligibility Guidelines and Notes: The patient can have no public or private prescription insurance and have an income at or below $25,500 for an individual ($34,500 for a family of two, $43,000 for a family of three) The patient must be 16 years or older. A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

Application Process: The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form. The enrollment form is faxed out. The completed application can be faxed or mailed back. The doctor is notified of acceptance or denial.

Application Requirements: The doctor must fill out a section and sign the application. The patient must fill out a section, sign the application and attach proof of income.

Program Details: Up to a 30-day supply is sent to the doctor's office. The doctor/doctor's office must contact the company to arrange refills. Every 3 months a new application is needed.

Yeh they have this in Australia too. It's kinda sad when cash is the only thing standing in the way of someone wanting to get clean

Question

I was wondering what qualified for "proof of income", is a W4 good?

I also am posting this not just to "bump" the thread, but to ask the question how this worked for people, how long it typically took for the medication to arrive at the doctor's office, how many visits the doctor wanted out of 4 times a year you needed for him to sign it, etc.

This information would really be helpful for a friend of mine. I don't need this program (I have reputable insurance through my job), but I know everyone doesn't have access to the medications they need out of all the people I know.

One final question is, seeing as the doctor's office probably will provide free faxing, the providers of this program...they don't require you even pay for postage or anything? 100% free? I'm glad to hear things like this exist for people if these things are true, it is good for people to have access to the medications they need VS allowing humanity to slowly perish.

Once again, thank you very much for any participants of this program who share their experiences here. I think there might have possibly been other threads about this, but I found this one (had it bookmarked), and it's not locked yet or anything.

Im thinking of doing this. For income its just my income right? Im 20 and live with my mom. Would her income be in this?

what country is this going on in? too scandinavian a concept for the states, methinketh. the drug assistance programs here are run by roche and the gang and they sell you 10k worth of pills for 9k....if youre dying of cancer and you're an american hero and the rest.

Yeh they have this in Australia too. It's kinda sad when cash is the only thing standing in the way of someone wanting to get clean

Tell me about it...it's cheaper too be a junkie, but thanks for showing me this thread. Im gonna see if I qualify

Good luck with Suboxone. I found that it has helped me immensely - I am now at 9 months sobriety.

Thanks dude. I tryed cold turkey and relapsed, Im pretty ashamed I cant kick this by myself =[.

If for osme reason I don't, I do have a steady illicit supply for it. I been taking 4mg 2x a day, how should I wein myself down? Like how long should I stay on 8 till I go too 6 and so on?8)

Thanks dude. I tryed cold turkey and relapsed, Im pretty ashamed I cant kick this by myself =[.

If for osme reason I don't, I do have a steady illicit supply for it. I been taking 4mg 2x a day, how should I wein myself down? Like how long should I stay on 8 till I go too 6 and so on?8)

It's OK, I actually did cold turkey and was clean for at least a week or two before, and went right back to where I was with very little thought about it.

If you're taking 4mg 2x a day, I would taper like this:

4mg 2x a day -> 8mg
2mg 3x a day -> 6mg
2mg 2x a day -> 4mg
1mg 3x a day -> 3mg
1mg 2x a day -> 2mg
0.5mg 3x a day -> 1.5mg
0.5mg 2x a day -> 1mg
0.25mg 3x a day -> 0.75mg
0.25mg 2x a day -> 0.5mg
0.125mg 3x a day -> 0.375mg
0.125mg 2x a day -> 0.25mg
0.125mg 1x a day -> 0.125mg
0.125mg every other day -> 0.0625mg
...then you can kind of just stop taking it.

How long you should stay at any one step varies. If you feel that a step has "adequately held you" then go ahead and take the next step down. If you struggled to get through the day, you can stay at your step until you feel comfortable with the dose and how it carries you.

sounds good .. i would do it but blue cross blue shield pays for my prescriptions, and getting them filled :)

My ins. is so weak. It doesn't pay for shit. The only benzo it pays for is Ativan. WTF? Looks like I'm out of the picture with this deal. In fact, today was my last suboxone visit my parents are willing to pay for. I can't foot the $550 a month for subbies anymore. Damn.

The concept of having to pay for opiate substitution therapy such as buprenorphine maintenance therapy seems so alien to me. Thank god for the NHS here in England.

It seems like such a crime against society that sick opiate addicts have to pay for the privilege of getting clean with some pharmacological help (which IMO should be a basic right). I feel sorry for my American brothers. You have my utmost sympathy: :(.

Last edited:
My 7 Cents

The concept of having to pay for opiate substitution therapy such as buprenorphine maintenance therapy seems so alien to me.
This is why R&B should have their patent for Suboxone and Subutex REVOKED, and there should be Buprenex (0.324mg/mL) given out instead, and it should be class 5 like it was back in the day, instead of 3 and 2 like Suboxone and Subutex are now.

I feel sorry for my American brothers.

Don't feel sorry for me, I have it pretty well off here. I have good health insurance that covers ~72% of my Suboxone prescription. This means, I pay less than 21 cents per mg.

I mean, really, can any drug beat the fact that I dose 7 cents worth at a time? I don't think so.

Last edited:
^ Not bad. I assume you get health insurance through your employers? Sorry to derail the thread, so I'll keep this brief, but how much do actually pay in total for health insurance (that is if you don't get it free through your employers)? Still, even though you might not have to pay a lot, the whole american health system could be improved. They should base it on the French health system IMO. From what I've heard their system works VERY well and is very efficient.

According to brits who go to live abroad, the one thing that they tend to miss the most is the NHS.

^ Not bad. I assume you get health insurance through your employers? Sorry to derail the thread, so I'll keep this brief, but how much do actually pay in total for health insurance (that is if you don't get it free through your employers)? Still, even though you might not have to pay a lot, the whole american health system could be improved. They should base it on the French health system IMO. From what I've heard their system works VERY well and is very efficient.

According to brits who go to live abroad, the one thing that they tend to miss the most is the NHS.

Through the employer. I know the US system can be improved - we need to legalize drugs. I actually rag on the US system all the time, but for the moment I have it pretty good.

Personally, I don't think national health care is a good idea for the US. If you lived here you would understand.

It works for you Europeans because, by and by, the average European is worth more to the government who rules them than US citizens.

The concept of having to pay for opiate substitution therapy such as buprenorphine maintenance therapy seems so alien to me. Thank god for the NHS here in England.

It seems like such a crime against society that sick opiate addicts have to pay for the privilege of getting clean with some pharmacological help (which IMO should be a basic right). I feel sorry for my American brothers. You have my utmost sympathy: :(.

Thats EXACTLY how I feel.

The worst addicts that are in dire need of help are pretty fucking unlikely to have health insurance or a job that provides it - its fucked.

These people, no matter how fucked-up at the moment are still part of your society, and should not be tossed aside like this.

The fact that the US has no free national healthcare system is a complete fucking embarrasment. I mean, its pretty shoddy for what is suppossed to be the "greatest nation on earth".

Oh, btw - mate, you need to cleanout your messages. I just went to reply but the computer said no! =D

These people, no matter how fucked-up at the moment are still part of your society, and should not be tossed aside like this.

Ya i'll go ahead an change this when i go to work at the white house tomorrow.