• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

I know...omg - I can't STAND it~! I am SO wanting to find a doctor somehow to prescribe me this damn suboxone! ugh!!!! nightmare!

i was on the program for over a year. i kicked subs with auricular acupuncture & have been trained in the techniques....very real....very facinating! Acupuncture is the oldest form of medicine still in use.

www.acudetox.com

i was on the program for over a year. i kicked subs with auricular acupuncture & have been trained in the techniques....very real....very facinating! Acupuncture is the oldest form of medicine still in use.

www.acudetox.com

I'm very happy to hear you successfully quit! :) That's great news.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but try your local " community service board" I did a program w/ them in the past..intensive outpatient program where I got free suboxone for a year till I graduated and went to school. They made me do the out patient program but for free suboxone it was well worth it.

I'm currently trying to get back into that program or what ever they can offer me. If i have to do the full yr program again, I'm just going to have the doc wein me off and then just quick the program since it's not court/probation ordered.

Makes me feel really lucky to live in the UK where Methadone and Bupe maintenance is free on the NHS. Don't know if it will be like this for ever with our new Right of Centre government, they are trying to cut long term opiod maintenance in the name of recovery. The Last Labour government managed to get a high proportion of Opiate and Crack users into treatment.

Makes me feel really lucky to live in the UK where Methadone and Bupe maintenance is free on the NHS. Don't know if it will be like this for ever with our new Right of Centre government, they are trying to cut long term opiod maintenance in the name of recovery. The Last Labour government managed to get a high proportion of Opiate and Crack users into treatment.

I can't believe how misguided people are when they take away medicine for HEROIN addiction away in the name of recovery. People that have no clue about the brain changes involved in opiate dependence should not be in position about making laws about how best to treat these people. And it's a FACT that without programs like these addicts (those that are physiologically and psychologically dependent) would get there drugs illegally, and dangerously.

If you ever want to be able to get prescribed opiates other than Suboxone or basically any CI CII or CIII other than Suboxone then what you want to do is go to a bupe doctor and never allow them to share your medical info with any of your other Docs.

It's against the law for medical providers to share any medical imformation about you without your written consent through current HIPPA Laws: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/index.html

If you feel w/d symptoms when you discontinue taking opiates, YOU ARE AN ADDICT.

W/D symptoms does not make someone an addict, rather just that they are currently in physical withdrawal from the opiates. If my grandmother was taking morphine for pain after surgery and got w/d symptoms after discontinuation that doesn't make her an 'addict', that just makes her at the moment physically dependent on opiates. There are literally countless psyco-social factors, genetic factors, as well as prolonged use that will make someone an 'addict' or not. I truly hope we all understand the difference. It's WHY we use drugs that is far more important than just being physically dependent on them that makes us 'addicts'. Pure physical dependence can be taken care of in a generally reasonable time-frame, of course depending on how long you've used for, and why. Let's not forget that opiates when used as a legitimate medicine are the strongest pain relievers on the planet and have made millions of people's lives better.

If you really want to kick check out the opiate addendum by dr. David Arneson - you can find it on google and it deals with the neurochemical aspect of recovering from long term opiate addiction. A lot of recovery can be expedited by taking Vitamins / supplements / amino acids and adhering to a strict, healthy diet.

Absolutely agree with this. Drugs FUCK up your neurotransmitters and a big part of brain recovery is through not only through good nutrition but through the right kinds of supplements.

I was wondering what qualified for "proof of income", is a W4 good?

I also am posting this not just to "bump" the thread, but to ask the question how this worked for people, how long it typically took for the medication to arrive at the doctor's office, how many visits the doctor wanted out of 4 times a year you needed for him to sign it, etc.

This information would really be helpful for a friend of mine. I don't need this program (I have reputable insurance through my job), but I know everyone doesn't have access to the medications they need out of all the people I know.

One final question is, seeing as the doctor's office probably will provide free faxing, the providers of this program...they don't require you even pay for postage or anything? 100% free? I'm glad to hear things like this exist for people if these things are true, it is good for people to have access to the medications they need VS allowing humanity to slowly perish.

Once again, thank you very much for any participants of this program who share their experiences here. I think there might have possibly been other threads about this, but I found this one (had it bookmarked), and it's not locked yet or anything.

As stated by my original post, I was getting off suboxone and getting clean so I had no need for this program, but posted it to help others. I was just wondering if you had looked into it and what your results/experiences were.

^ Exactly. They aren't losing anything by having patients on this program, so I don't see why they can't just tell their patients about it.
They really can't as they only allow 2 (3 at the most) of their patients to be covered by how the assistance program works. As stated the doc gets his office visit money regardless, and as he doesn't make any money off prescriptions that he writes that's probably why they aren't hanging billboards outside their offices about it. You simply just have to call around to find someone who has an opening in the program.

Our doctor is the one who told my girlfriend and I about it, so why can't other doctors tell their patients about it too?

I'm not sure if you've picked up on this yet or not, but doctors these days aren't going out of their way at all to promote much of anything that's not directly beneficial to them. I'm not saying that this isn't, but you really do have to simply be your own personal advocate out there when it comes to our broken ass health care system these days.

I am about to lose my health insurance, so I'm gonna call around and see if any docs in my area have an opening in the sub assistance program. Yea the health care system in the US is fucked. I tried to get Suboxone through my county drug and alcohol services and they said they can't help me because I am on Sub maintenance and they only help ppl detox with Subs. I feel like being on sub maintenece is frowned upon. The thing is I'm doing so incredibly well on subs that I don't want to change anything. The same with psych meds, I'm not going to stop taking my deppression meds when I start feeling better. And yet I'm supposed to come off Suboxone when I start feeling better and expect everything to be peachy? Why won't I go back to my angst ridden crave-filled state when I stop the subs? Anyway, I just needed to rant.

Thanks to evolutionofthemind for starting this thread and providing info about this program :)

What is the name of this program? I am right at switching to suboxone from methadone. I cannot wait. Just worried about $$. My husband and I are both laid off.

I don't know about other states but in NJ you can buy portions of your script. So people who are unemployed and have
no health insurance can go in a buy 10 pills and not the full 30 or 60. I know it's a "stop gap" move but anyone who feels WDs coming on has a much better chance of getting hold of 25 or 30 bucks than 400-600.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't know where you live but in the "People's Republic of New Jersey" unless protected by a union you are an "AT Will"
employee - which basically means they can fire you anytime for any reason as long as they are not breaking any laws.
If they want you gone, I don't care what laws are on the books, you are going.

It's OK, I actually did cold turkey and was clean for at least a week or two before, and went right back to where I was with very little thought about it.

If you're taking 4mg 2x a day, I would taper like this:

4mg 2x a day -> 8mg
2mg 3x a day -> 6mg
2mg 2x a day -> 4mg
1mg 3x a day -> 3mg
1mg 2x a day -> 2mg
0.5mg 3x a day -> 1.5mg
0.5mg 2x a day -> 1mg
0.25mg 3x a day -> 0.75mg
0.25mg 2x a day -> 0.5mg
0.125mg 3x a day -> 0.375mg
0.125mg 2x a day -> 0.25mg
0.125mg 1x a day -> 0.125mg
0.125mg every other day -> 0.0625mg
...then you can kind of just stop taking it.

How long you should stay at any one step varies. If you feel that a step has "adequately held you" then go ahead and take the next step down. If you struggled to get through the day, you can stay at your step until you feel comfortable with the dose and how it carries you.

I gotta disagree. Having osmeone go from 2 times a day to 3 times a day makes the body crave a dose of sub earlier and obviously one more time a day. Just 3 and 3 when you get to 6mg.

wow .125mg i don't even think i can cut smaller than .50 really.. thats probably like crumbs