• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

:) I don't mind being called a junkie or an addict if I am actively using on a daily basis. The words have gathered a lot of negative connotations, and the kindly cat who posted above ^^^ is right. I guess I would consider myself a mix of both though. Addiction is a word with many definitions... I understand an addict to be someone who repeats the administration of stimuli which they know deep down is going to have negative consequences (in the long run) and yet they do it anyway. I mean my family loves me and I have tons of friends and I have stopped riding the fence on ethics and morality. Alls I'm trying to say is that the battle I fight internally with opiates is the close to the same fight biologically as a "user" or "enthusiast" - I have embraced my imperfections and yes, I do still have quite a bit of learning to do, and I'm glad. I used to know everything but it was just too much of a burden... lol.

I wish everyone who struggles with addiction or neurotransmitter down regulation or whatever it is a safe and gentle journey. May the wind be at your back.

-Inrvizion ;)

suboxone saved my life. methadone is like liquid handcuffs when you have to go every fucking day to the gd clinic. suboxone is a bit expensive, but i got my groove back!

naw, its a great program. its sliding scale. get the meds for free for 12 months in my case. basically you cant have any insurance and have to make less than 25thou a year. you need to get proof on yearly income by going to the department of social services or something and getting a copy of your tax records. they mail the meds once a month to your dr and you pick em up from the office. it does NOT pay for the dr visits....although it does say that they highly recommend the dr adjust his fees. in reality no dr is going to do so unless they are truly compassionate.

Yes you will be considered an addict by societies standards because YOU ARE AN ADDICT... Unless you live in a different universe than the rest of us, SUBOXONE IS AN OPIATE - and not only that but it has an extremely long half life. I have been taking it for 20 months and I have found that I am more addicted to SUBOXONE than I ever was to Heroin, Dilaudid, Fentanyl, etc... If you ever want to be able to get prescribed opiates other than Suboxone or basically any CI CII or CIII other than Suboxone then what you want to do is go to a bupe doctor and never allow them to share your medical info with any of your other Docs.

If you feel w/d symptoms when you discontinue taking opiates, YOU ARE AN ADDICT, and what society says about that doesn't really matter, you are still going to have to deal with opiate addiction on your own terms. I have extensively abused opiates and I now know that prolonged use of opiates, especially the ones with longer half life such as subs and methadone, will severely down regulate your neuro-transmitters and makes post acute withdrawal last for a very very long time.

If you really want to kick check out the opiate addendum by dr. David Arneson - you can find it on google and it deals with the neurochemical aspect of recovering from long term opiate addiction. A lot of recovery can be expedited by taking Vitamins / supplements / amino acids and adhering to a strict, healthy diet.

Best of luck to all of you in your personal battle with opiates, there is no "right way" to do this. Just understand that opiate maintenance therapy, especially with suboxone or methadone is a dangerous business and if you really want to kick, you are better off doing it with a taper off of an opiate with a shorter half life. In my experience that is what I have found.
<3

I feel sorry for people who are in your situation.....that they are addicted to there suboxone.(or "dependant" upon it).

I take suboxone every day, several times a day, get high off of it, get an energy boost from it, as well as enjoy anti-depressnt properties from it, but I AM NOT addicted to it. I believe if everyone took the time and effort to learn the correct way to take suboxone for them that would prevent them from becoming addicted, it wouldnt be that hard at all to prevent suboxone addiction from ever occuring. All you have to do is take TINY doses (under 2 mg's....but more likely under 1 mg) and you will enjoy even greater pain-killing effects, as well as euphoric effects, but you will not be addicted to the medication. you could stop anytime you like. I am in this situation right now and I feel extremely lucky to have figured out how to maximize suboxones potential without having to fall into the grip of yet another addiction(i was an IV heroin addict for several years).

I hope someone takes my advice and learns what I have learned. Good luck.

Good luck getting a doctor that will do this :( Mine wouldnt when I was was paying outta pocket..wah. Thankfully I have insurance now..even though the prior authz are a fucking bitch.

what? your dr wouldnt allow the PAP?! thats fucked! they do have a limit of 2 patients at a time, but they should give a fuck, it does affect the money they make. wow.

oh and james, im sorry to say but just because you are taking low doses of bupe does not mean you will not become addicted to it. citing burroughs, it takes 1 month of daily use to become addicted to an opiate - i consider that generally accurate.

doesnt matter if you take 2mg or .3mg, you will experience wd when you stop if you use it long enough.

what? your dr wouldnt allow the PAP?! thats fucked! they do have a limit of 2 patients at a time, but they should give a fuck, it does affect the money they make. wow.

oh and james, im sorry to say but just because you are taking low doses of bupe does not mean you will not become addicted to it. citing burroughs, it takes 1 month of daily use to become addicted to an opiate - i consider that generally accurate.

doesnt matter if you take 2mg or .3mg, you will experience wd when you stop if you use it long enough.

i was just speaking from my experience. And in my experience, i have been taking suboxone for several months and can stop taking it anytime with no withdrawals. So your statement that "doesnt matter if you take 2mg or .3mg, you will experience wd when you stop if you use it long enough"....doesnt seem to be very accurate.

let me get this straight, you take it everyday for several months and you have NO wd at all when you stop? how many days have you gone? maybe you can get through the wd but they are probably still there.

let me get this straight, you take it everyday for several months and you have NO wd at all when you stop? how many days have you gone? maybe you can get through the wd but they are probably still there.

No, I promise you I experience ZERO withdrawals....absolutely none. I have taken breaks MANY times, the longest being 15 days. I have posted about this alot on BL before. This is why I "preach" so much about people maintaining on very low dose suboxone, because it gives you so many beneficial effects, yet you are not an addict, or even dependant.

I dont have trouble sleeping, no extra anxiety, no pain, no soreness, nothing.

When your on such a low dose of suboxone it just isnt enough opiate to make you withdraw in my opinion. Of course you have to actually "maintain" at that tiny dose for the withdrawals to not be a concern.....and by that I mean you just cant lower to 1 mg, or 0.5 mg's for only a couple days after being on high dose suboxone for a long time and expect no withdrawals. You need to be taking ONLY doses smaller than 1 mg (maybe 2mg's) for a long enough period so that you dont have any residual bupe leftover in your brain from your previous high dose.

Once again, I can promise you I do not get ANY withdrawals from suboxone.

All you cats that are covered by your employer.dont think that huge red flags aren't popping up for a 5 or 6 hundred dollar script every month, and after looking into it.suddenly complications and conflict will start at work, finding a reason to let you go,without using the obvious.experience talking

All you cats that are covered by your employer.dont think that huge red flags aren't popping up for a 5 or 6 hundred dollar script every month, and after looking into it.suddenly complications and conflict will start at work, finding a reason to let you go,without using the obvious.experience talking

I am quite hesitant about what you wrote. I don't think they can do that...
There are HIPPA laws which protects people from that kind of thing.

Not saying that it couldn't happen though either.

No, I promise you I experience ZERO withdrawals....absolutely none. I have taken breaks MANY times, the longest being 15 days. I have posted about this alot on BL before. This is why I "preach" so much about people maintaining on very low dose suboxone, because it gives you so many beneficial effects, yet you are not an addict, or even dependant.

I dont have trouble sleeping, no extra anxiety, no pain, no soreness, nothing.

When your on such a low dose of suboxone it just isnt enough opiate to make you withdraw in my opinion. Of course you have to actually "maintain" at that tiny dose for the withdrawals to not be a concern.....and by that I mean you just cant lower to 1 mg, or 0.5 mg's for only a couple days after being on high dose suboxone for a long time and expect no withdrawals. You need to be taking ONLY doses smaller than 1 mg (maybe 2mg's) for a long enough period so that you dont have any residual bupe leftover in your brain from your previous high dose.

Once again, I can promise you I do not get ANY withdrawals from suboxone.

You may be an exception for some odd reason, but telling other people that suboxone has no withdrawal symptoms and isn't addictive itself is pretty harmful advice, since the majority of people on it do get addicted to it just as you would with methadone, heroin, or any other opiate..and yes I only take .5mg a day and the w/d is still bad.

it's stated in literature (search for it yourself) that wd's from buprenorphine may not surface for a longer amount of tme in some individuals. just how other people experience much more protracted wd's from the drug.

i cant believe JB is still having to argue about his WD...haha

sorry for off topic comment.............

The american health insurance bill we are entering into will only raise the price for insurance. premiums are going up as a preemptive strike by the health insurance companies against the funds they will lose when it full enacts... so lobby your legislate and ask them to start treating drug addiction as an illness and not a crime. that is the only way we will ever see TRUE aid for drug addiction and not punishment. more people have to take an active role. There is also a $75 coupon for suboxone strips on the suboxone website if anyone hasnt seen it yet.

I have been taking Suboxone for 3 years now and have been able to pull my life back together and have a successful life and business. Now our state legislation passed a bill that puts Suboxone in the same category as methadone and I am terrified of what this will do to me. My Dr now has to acquire a CON and I do not understand this. Can someone please help me to understand what a con is? I take my medication as prescribed but I need it, I do not need to be cut back on it or forced to quit because some holy rollers feel like it is wrong. Is there anything I can do? Is this going to affect me?:X:X:X

This is awesome, although i'm guessing it's not going on anymore. That 1-866 number is constantly busy...can never get through. I will keep trying, but if you know whether it's a dead number or whatever, let me know. thanks